I absolutely adore Sonic Colors. Do you?

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

I absolutely adore Sonic Colors. Do you?

Post by a chao »

I played Sonic colors when I was 12 and I loved this game. The wisp machanic and the sound track is amazing. The controls were great and.. the story is fine but.. this game is great. Does anyone love this game or no? :thinking: :darkno: :herosurprise:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: I absolutely adore Sonic Colors. Do you?

Post by AugustChao »

I'll admit, Sonic Colors is probably the main-series Sonic game I forget about the most of them all. It's not because I don't like it though, it's mostly because I didn't get to play it until SEVEN YEARS after it came out, and it also didn't have many defining or unique traits that I found very memorable. There are also some parts of it that I didn't really like, such as the fact that I always ran out of Boost power and the overabundance of 2D sections or stages completely in 2D.

Despite these things however, there are a couple of things I do like about Colors. First of all, although I didn't like them as much in this game as I did in later games, I thought the Wisps were a neat idea, and if there's one aspect of the game that does stand out above the rest, it would probably be them. The main reason I liked them in later games, especially Forces, is that they weren't used very much in Colors and often didn't last for more than a couple of seconds, and they also felt more like power-ups than a central gameplay element. Also, even though I thought the plot was pretty basic and uninteresting, I did really like the setting of an Interstellar Amusement Park made by Eggman.

Keep in mind, all of what I just really only applies to the Wii Version. I actually did play a bit of the DS version for the first time earlier this year, and although I think it does fix a lot of the problems I had with the Wii version such as the plot, there are some things I also didn't like about it. For example, I could never really get the hang of it's controls, although I blame that mostly for the fact that I was anticipating it to play more like the Rush games, but they actually completely changed how it works in a lot of areas. I also wasn't a big fan of the side missions in the DS version, but that's a minor gripe since they're optional and have some nice cutscenes with different characters before and after them.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

No.
I really don't care tbh.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

When will there be an HD version?
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

FrankT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 pm When will there be an HD version?
Well... reporting in from the future with some very special news for you!

Being silly aside, though, Sonic Colors is a... memorable game for me, along with Mega/Gems Collection, Rush and Generations. Or at least, it stands out for being the first new Sonic game that was announced after I had started really getting into the series for a while, combined with all the chatter that surrounded it pre-release: the gameplay itself, the story direction, the intrigue over Sonic and friends getting new voice actors... And of course, the nostalgia of playing this game late at night post-release. Drawing Wisps (and Chao) were some of my earliest serious attempts at digital art, which also helps. Colors' soundtrack is still one of my favorites in the franchise.

While I don't see any reason to pick up Sonic Colors Ultimate (I still own a copy of the original game), and think Colors itself is a bit of a random choice out of all the games they could have chosen to remaster for the series' 30th anniversary (other than perhaps as an acknowledgement of it as a turning point in the modern series' history), I am still kind of glad to see it making a comeback.
zinigo
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: keep the lights on.

Post by zinigo »

i never played sonic colors but i think its good
-zin