I found a fangame called sonic world which HAS a chao garden

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: I found a fangame called sonic world which HAS a chao garden

Post by AugustChao »

I've been playing Sonic World again lately (mainly for computer testing purposes) and have been focusing on it's Chao Garden a lot, so here's a list of some things I like and dislike about it's Chao Garden...

DISLIKES:

1. The game as a whole is really glitchy and is VERY prone to crashing

2. I somehow managed to make so many fruits grow on the trees that I physically can no longer give my Chao fruit

3. Outside of Strength/Power, every drive is a different color from what it normally is in SA2/SA2B, so you have to re-memorize which color drive boosts which stat

4. Even though there are quite a few color Chao eggs you can buy, you can only get Two-Tones

5. Breeding doesn't actually work most of the time, so you can spend a ton of rings buying Heart fruits to breed them and not actually get anything out of it

6. When Chao Reincarnate, they lose abilities like wearing hats and have a different face, and they're also an adult from the start meaning you can't make them a different type if you want to

7. This could just be me, but the Chao Garden in this game feels a lot more high maintenence than the actual Chao Garden in SA and SA2 does

1. The Garden itself is really big and looks really nice and has really relaxing music

2. The hats and toys you can buy are all really cool

3. You can actually get more than 10 drives at a time (I'm pretty sure there's still a limit though, and there's only so many you can have in the Garden at once)

4. Tons of playable characters

5. Luck and Intelligence as viewable stats with their own drives

6. Alignment and Happiness are also viewable

7. Auto-Saving

Unfortunately, the 9th version of the game is the final version of the game since most of the devs who originally worked on it are now longer around, meaning the Chao Garden in this game is stuck as it is forever and won't be updated again. I know that a sequel/enhanced version of the game called Sonic World DX has been being worked on for the past couple years, but I doubt that one will have a Chao Garden (at least not right away) because of how much work would have to be put into that one aspect of the game alone. For what it is though, I think that Sonic World's Chao Garden despite it's many issues is still probably my favorite fan-made Chao Garden, and the game as a whole has become really nostalgic to me since I've played it so much in the past few years.