Does anyone still like Sonic R?

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
AzureChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Dreams are eternal...

Re: Does anyone still like Sonic R?

Post by AzureChao »

NiGHTSIsLife wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm I love Sonic R. I feel I am alone in this, because everyone else I know either hates it or has never heard of it.
I like Sonic R quite a bit! I never understood a lot of the hate, to be honest... Like you said, it's got flaws, but I think it's a pretty fun, short little game, with really catchy (albeit unfitting) music.
Azure (noun) - A bright blue color, like a cloudless summer sky.
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

I actually play through Sonic R about once a year, sometimes on PC and sometimes on Gamecube (unfortunately don't have a Saturn copy), I usually 100% complete it within an hour or two, but it's honestly fairly enjoyable despite the hate :omochao:
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
pancholito
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by pancholito »

You gotta like Sonic R just for the soundtrack alone, what a great soundtrack for that game.
Juandieguinchi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Big Chungus isn't funny.

Post by Juandieguinchi »

I like it. The game is very short and you can 100% complete it in an hour or less. The gameplay is very fun once you think of the game as a kart racer rather than a platformer.
Niveking91
Egg
Egg

Post by Niveking91 »

Ah the nostalgia... Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast were among my first Sonic games, though they weren't what got me into the series. I still like Sonic R though, its a nice distraction if you're really bored. The level design, while not great, is still effective as far as racers go and definitely a step up from TSR, and I still LOVE the music, can you feel the sunshine, living in the city, and everybody's super Sonic racing, YEAH!!!!!!! The only thing keeping this from being a great game in my opinion is the controls, god the control in this game is awful, I like everything else though. Seriously though, I think if you just took this game and gave it the controls of Sonic Adventure you would have an instant classic. On a side note, I think I have more nostalgia for this and 3D Blast than any of the classics, I mean I played Sonic 1 as a kid but this was my jam. Nice to know that there are others who feel the same way.
zinigo
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: keep the lights on.

Post by zinigo »

Sonic R is still good
-zin
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

Just recently replayed Sonic R again, but on my newly acquired PS2 copy :omochao:
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
DoubleBlackDiamond
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I like mints

Post by DoubleBlackDiamond »

I LOVE THIS GAME. AND THIS CONSOLE. (Help, Segata Sanshiro is holding me captive!!!)
:cool: :herocool: :darkcool: :cool: :herocool: :darkcool: :cool: :herocool: :darkcool:
Raistlin
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Raistlin »

There's no other game that plays Can You Feel The Sunshine as I run, so that's a 10/10 by default right there.