The Most Broken Games Of The Sonic Series

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chromefox
Egg
Egg
Motto: I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable forum post!

The Most Broken Games Of The Sonic Series

Post by Chromefox »

Remember Sonic '06? How about Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric? Or maybe even Shadow The Hedgehog? Talk about all of those games and more horrendously bad Sonic games here. :herocool:
My life is a mess right now. :heroblink:
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Re: The Most Broken Games Of The Sonic Series

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I’d say the most broken Sonic game that I’ve played was probably Sonic Free Riders. The controller choice alone makes it unplayable.
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Sonic and the Secret rings.
Great plot, good character redesigns (except for Tails being Ali Baba because that was sort of weird), poor execution.
Though it is pretty fun if you master the controls, and party mode is pretty good.
Also HOLY POOP SEVEN RINGS IN HAND IS AMAZING
Honestly can't believe my mom bought this for me when i was younger. (But ehh i only had one good sonic game)
Also SADX is kinda broken as well. The first time i played it (really the second time but this was the time i got into it) on the first stage, i was running and ran into a wall, and then clipped through it and died.
Still, SADX is my favorite Sonic game and my favorite game in general.
SA2B had a poor camera. In fact, i used to hate SA2B because of its poor camera. I played the Xbox360 demo for it a few months ago, and it was unplayable due to the camera.
Still love it tho, and i'm still gonna try to finish Cannons Core. (That Rouge segment hard tho)
I never actually played Sonic 06, but it does like glitchy.....and also kinda fun.
Sonic Generations had bad controls. Like, instead of responding immediately, it takes like 2 extra seconds until Sonic actually responds. It's still pretty fun, and i would be lying if i said that the part of the game when you played the original Sonic wasn't the best part.
Also people say Sonic Forces had bad controls but i think it was fine. Actually one of the best sonic games to date imo, and yes, i do like it better then Mania.
I'm done with this long list now :P
(I'm never doing this again :no: )
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

shadow the hedgehog is barely a broken game, its issues come more from a design and conceptual standpoint rather than a functional one. SADX and SA2B's problems also are introduced by the ports, the dreamcast versions are leaps and bounds better - check out http://dreamcastify.wordpress.com/ for more info
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Sonic '06 is definitely the MOST BROKEN SONIC GAME I've ever played. But then again, the only 3D Sonic games I've played are SA2B, Sonic Heroes, Sonic '06, and Sonic Unleashed.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
Stargoon
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Stargoon »

Probably Rise of Lyric is the most broken game in the entire series right now. Sonic 06 sure does come close, though, and it's the most broken one I've ever played (I don't like the Boom games, only the cartoon).
A little... disheartening? to realize most 3D Sonic games have questionable programming, though. The Adventure games are definitely some of the more glitchy ones I've ever bothered with (especially the first, holy christmas), even if they're nostalgic.