Least favorite Sonic games?

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Least favorite Sonic games?

Post by ChillyChao »

What Sonic games do you hate?
Honestly, Sonic 06, unlike literally everyone, isn't my least favorite Sonic game. Actually, i think it's fun. My least favorite Sonic game is Sonic and the Secret Rings. UGH. How do people appreciate this game? It's so bad! With Sonic 06, yeah, it's glitchy, but it's playable for at least 1 minute. As soon as you realize how to play, you want to turn off your Wii (or Wii U). What's your guys's least favorite Sonic game?
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Least favorite Sonic games?

Post by chaoadventures »

Unlike most, my answer is 100% undoubtedly:

Sonic. Heroes.

At least Rail Canyon/Bullet Station has a good song and this boss song was pretty good

Otherwise, I find it hard to find any memories in my mind of actually having fun playing this game. I only really played it when I was like 6, because "oh boy it's sonic", but even then I never actually liked it, and I currently can't find any good points to write about for Heroes other than some of the songs, and the fact they brought back the Chaotix and Metal Sonic. Bringing in Omega was also nice, but unfortunately characters don't make the game.

Even Shadow the Hedgehog, which runs on the same engine and has the same garbage graphics (in comparison to SA1DC which came years before) is much better and I found lightly entertaining to play.

---
I say Sonic 06 is a bad game, but it's playable, and the glitches are amusing to witness.

Secret Rings is mediocre-- I played it with an emulator for a while so I could set actual real live controls, the actual design wasn't bad, the problem was entirely the controls, so if you're capable of actually enduring them, then it's actually not so bad. ...This is after I got to the second-to-last boss on an actual Wii and then was told to get the World Rings and gave up. Also the soundtrack is all around excellent.

If you've never played Black Knight before (and don't want to because it's another Storybook game), it's similar but also an improvement in every way control-wise and actually lets you use a real control stick, so I'd say it's worth a try.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic 2 for the Game Gear because screw that first boss.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

Both Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal. They were the first Sonic games that legitimately disappointed me.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
MetalAlpha156
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Commit oxygen not reach lungs

Post by MetalAlpha156 »

I actually have several least favorite Sonic games.

8: Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal

7: Tails Sky-patrol

6: Tails Adventure

5: Sonic Blast

4: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System/Game Gear)

3: Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System/Game Gear)

2: Sonic Triple Trouble

But my MOST least favorite Sonic game is...

1: SONIC 3D BLAST :darkno:

but lets be honest, no-one really cared that much for that game.
MetalAlpha156 :omochao:
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I have 3.
3. Rise of Lyric: this game is basically 06 but without any redeeming qualities whatsoever. The OST is forgettable, the cutscenes all look terrible, and the gameplay’s too slow (no pun intended)
2. Sonic and the Secret Rings: it’s almost unplayable. The motion controls are abysmal, as the Wiimote isn’t the most accurate. At least in the Black Knight, the only thing you had to do was shake the remote, but here, the PLATFORMING is motion controlled! Who thought that was a good idea?
1. Free Riders: another motion controlled game. The game had potential but the Kinect ruined any chance of it being good. I tried to have fun with it but I got shoulder pains instead. :chaocry:
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

Out of the ones I've played sonic and the black knight is my least favorite. The controls are just too weird for me.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Of the Sonic games I've played, I'd have to give my top three least favorite slots to Drift, Drift 2, and Labyrinth. Some of them are Nintendo Hard, but the rest of the GG Sonic Catalog are at least enjoyable.

That said, I'm curious as to why Tails' Adventures would get a mention in this thread.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

lost world, it is actively patronizing to play with a plot that may be too basic for preschoolers and the aesthetics of a 2010 android port of super mario galaxy
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:42 am That said, I'm curious as to why Tails' Adventures would get a mention in this thread.
Yeah, Tails Adventure is easily the best Game Gear Sonic game and one of the best in general.

Sky Patrol isn't as good but it's decent to sit down and play through once.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Honestly i'm more curious about why Sonic 2 SMS is here, me and my mom enjoy playing it, even though we can't finish the 2nd zone.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Because:

Master System Sonic 2? It's alright.

Game Gear Sonic 2? The first boss is a nightmare and needs to die.

The screen size makes it near impossible to see where the ball is going, so you're likely to get hit by it, not to mention none of the bosses in the game give you rings.
Ultimately, the first boss of the Game Gear version alone ruins the whole experience, and probably your intention of seeing if the game gets better.

I really wish they included the SMS versions of the games instead of the GG ones in the Collections and SADX, it would have made it much more enjoyable.

The screen size is really aggravating throughout all of the games, especially if they were designed for the SMS originally and weren't intended to be on the small screen, which is probably why Triple Trouble is much better at working with the small screen, since it was supposed to be a GG game from the start.

(also I personally found the rest of GG Sonic 2 to be mediocre once I got past it. Sky High Zone was clever though.)

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
zinigo
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: keep the lights on.

Post by zinigo »

1.waku waku sonic patrol car
2.sonic blast
3.sonic 3d blast
4.sonic 4
-zin
Lamby