Let's Discuss: Sonic Advance 3

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Juandieguinchi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Big Chungus isn't funny.

Let's Discuss: Sonic Advance 3

Post by Juandieguinchi »

Personally, I really like Sonic Advance 3. The physics and gameplay is fun, the partner system is very customizable and has a nice balance, the levels are fast and explorable, and 100% completion is really fun. Now is your turn to talk :surprise:
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Let's Discuss: Sonic Advance 3

Post by AugustChao »

I like all three of the Advance games, but I think 3 is probably the one I like the least out of them, mainly because I wasn't that big a fan of it's bosses. It was also a little disappointing that it didn't have a functional Chao Garden with connectivity to other games like the first two did, but outside of these points, I still think 3 is an alright game. I liked the character combo system and trying out different character combinations, and like the first two games I also really like 3's levels as well as it's music and visuals.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Let's Discuss: Sonic Advance 3

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I prefer Advance 2 overall, but Advance 3 had some nice features.

I missed burst mode(or whatever it's called when you go super fast and leave multiple after images) being a shared skill and I was fond of how hard Cheese got nerfed(I was perfectly fine with Cream being Easy Mode in advance 2), but the partner system did a decent job of not just making every team feel like sprite swaps and I wish they had refined the idea for the Rush Trilogy instead of cutting the playable roster down to just Sonic and Blaze.

I also liked the hubs, though the meta-hub was kind of boring... and while the TCG wasn't all that great in Advance 1 and was too damn hard to unlock legitimately in Advance 2, I did find it disappointing that Advance 3 didn't have a proper Chao garden of any kind... Would've been cool if the gardens where the lost chao hang out had been an actual, side scrolling Chao Raising experience instead of a glorified tally screen... and if the backgrounds changed with each zone instead of it being the same for all of them.

Also, Gemerl might be my favorite resurrection character... But then again, Omega is a bulkier, ax-crazy version of Gamma without any of what makes Gamma's story in SA1 one of the more bittersweet parts of the franchise, and side from Battle, I've not been too fond of what I've seen Sega and the studios they've licensed Sonic to do with Shadow after retconning his death at the end of SA2. Gemerl may be mostly a Emerl recolor, but he's a recolor I'd love to make in Battle if the needed color cards exist, and I kind of head canon that Gemerl was built from what Eggman could salvage after Emerl RRODs at the end of Battle and that Tail's reprograming in the Advance 3 ending makes Gemerl as close to what Emerl would've been had he survived the final chapter of Battle.