Owen Pallett

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Owen Pallett

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Jason Lymangrover, Rovi wrote: Born Michael James Owen Pallett-Plowright, Owen Pallett is a singer/violinist from Toronto best known for his solo recordings as Final Fantasy. Classically trained from an early age, at 15 he started playing solo violin shows. As his musical interests shifted to indie pop, Pallett collaborated with a multitude of indie artists, including Jim Guthrie, Royal City, the Hidden Cameras, the Vinyl Cafe, Gentleman Reg, and Arcade Fire. As well as touring in various string sections in the mid-2000s, he was an active composer, writing arrangements for Arcade Fire’s groundbreaking Funeral and Neon Bible, along with albums for F**ked Up, Beirut, and the Last Shadow Puppets. Despite being the go-to violinist for other artists and an avid remixer, Pallett’s primary focus remained his own work as Final Fantasy. In 2005, he released Has a Good Home, which he followed up with 2006’s He Poos Clouds. In 2009, Pallett announced that he would no longer be using Final Fantasy as his moniker, to avoid confusion with Square Enix’s popular video game series by the same name. Plans were made to repackage his Final Fantasy back catalog, and in January of 2010, Owen Pallett released Heartland under his own name.
Essentially, he's this Canadian violinist who's the go to guy for orchestral arrangements when it comes to indie and alternative music who's a very outspoken homosexual. Great ear for arrangements, and very playful with his violin.

This Lamb Sells Condos

Lewis Takes Off His Shirt

Tryst With Mephistopheles

Beirut ft. Owen Pallett - Cliquot

Peach, Plum, Pear (Joanna Newsom Cover)
Last edited by cinnamonstyx on Thu May 24, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eboy's seme
Moonstalker
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Owen Pallett

Post by Moonstalker »

He's cute :3
SOLTYPE
My Tumblr ~ huge faggot coming through beep beep
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

Well, He worked with Arcade fire which makes him legitimate. And he is good too.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I wish I could play the violin... ;^;
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Picka, you make the most interesting ignored topics ever.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

I know, right?
Especially when it comes to music.
eboy's seme