Feminism.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Locked
User avatar
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Posts: 6317
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
Contact:

Feminism.

Post by retrolinkx »

So, guys and gurls. What is your opinion of Feminism? The apparent group of people who still believe that in 2013, women are being oppressed by this dominant male society, and they must break the shackles of this world, so they can live their own independent lives, and make monshe, and live a life free of Men, and their sadistic ways.

Well, if you could tell by my sarcastic way of presenting it. I don't approve. Mostly because we don't live in the 70's anymore. Women in first world countries as far as I know, aren't being oppressed in anyway, they get equal pay, they get equal jobs. What they do matters, and they don't have a secondary position in life.

I've never really understood it anyhow, in this day and age, there isn't a clear objective anymore. As far as I can tell they want to be above men in terms of Gender Equality, and not equal.

Although, I don't consider anyone here like that, as far as I can tell, also, please no arguments, just some discussion.

Oh, and of course. Time for pic always related.

Image
Image
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
User avatar
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by Linds 269 »

Retro I agree with what you said wholeheartedly

I think feminists need to shut up and deal with things because they really aren't oppressed. It's an excuse to get what they want in my opinion.
Image
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
User avatar
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Posts: 2218
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang
Location: 9th circle
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by Lamby »

why did i even bother trying to teach any of you anything, seriously
Last edited by Lamby on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
"But you swore it’d always be the same!/She Changed!
She Changed!/Into you"
User avatar
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by Linds 269 »

All this "oppression"

Ugh. I could go on a rant about all the oppression. I'm not though.

Anyway, idk. I'm not a feminist.
Image
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
User avatar
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 am
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS
Location: Hunting down Nack

Re: Feminism.

Post by PinkIceFox »

Hey linds, how about you actually read a post instead of brushing it off because it makes sense? Feminism isn't just about helping women be viewed as equal to men. It's about equality on EVERY SINGLE LEVEL OF EVERY SINGLE WALK OF LIFE. Probably just too hard to read that quote box, though.

I guess your life is in such a hokey pokey sunshiney everyday rainbow that you don't pay attention to anything that doesn't personality poke into your world. Women still don't get paid as much as men do in a lot of places while doing the same job. The idea of rape can still sometimes be "Lol you shouldn't dress like a slut then" instead of "Let's punish that man who raped her.". Hell, female gamers aren't taken seriously because they have ovaries and a set of breasts and are harassed.

It might not be freaking oppression in your book but there's still some 'women are lessers' bull crap going on.

Also the "men are stupid hur hur hur let's keep them for breeding stock" type feminists aren't actual femenits. As my love CLEARLY POINTED OUT IN THAT POST YOU IGNORED, they're the crazy fringe group.

You know, like how normal Christians are more okay with homosexual couples but some of them, like WBC, are so offended by them that they want to pass laws to make sure they can't have the happiness they deserve?
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
User avatar
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Feminism.

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
No need to be rude to Lindsay...


I guess after what Atomic Bat said I don't really know what's up anymore...
Last edited by Zacmac74 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
User avatar
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 am
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS
Location: Hunting down Nack

Re: Feminism.

Post by PinkIceFox »

Rude or not, I hate people who plug their ears and go "LALALALALA" when someone actually points out the facts that dispute their baseless cynicism.

It's no more rude than her quick and blatant disregard for the post Atomic made. He just politely pointed out both of them were being, in all accordance to the definition, ignorant of the actual purpose of feminism. She didn't even respond or even seem to acknowledge he posted. A mod could delete his post and it'd just look like she was being sarcastic and forgot to hit the edit button.

Also Linds usuallys comes off as rude, from what I see of her. \: Dunno why I can't be rude back at least once.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
User avatar
Nano
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 12254
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 am
Motto: My kickstarter failed, but that's okay!
Location: Union of Chaoviet Socialist Republics

Re: Feminism.

Post by Nano »

I'm rude all the time guys

Don't get mad at her for doing what I do

DOUBLE STANDARDS GUYS, GOSH

(I'm talking about both these girls)
Last edited by Nano on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by Linds 269 »

...PIF I'm usually promoting everything you say and I literally have never been rude to you
I have no idea where I've been rude to you but opinion is opinion.

Anyway, I was dissing what he said. I just have my opinions on CERTAIN oppressions that I didn't care to really draw out. I don't diss AB or what he says. I never have, don't plan on it. I even said in the beginning that I agreed with retro. If you want to yell at anyone, please, I wasn't even the one who originally said that I don't see all the oppressions. No, my life is not a "hokey pokey sunshine everyday rainbow," but okay. Really, it was unnecessary for me to post a second time, but I was being down to earth like I normally am. I didn't mean to disregard anything. I read the quote.
Image
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Triert »

I personally fear a scary minority that thinks feminism is ruling the world as a matriarchal society.

But, that's not feminism as much as it is bandwagon jumping. I think feminists should continue to fight to keep society fair when it wants to put it down.
User avatar
cranberys
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Memes

Re: Feminism.

Post by cranberys »

have you guys ever hear of a feminist that cheated thousands of other feminists by starting a kickstarter campaign on females versus tropes in videogames, 600,00 bucks, long story short, she disappears and blocks anybody that asks what happened.
Papa Pia
User avatar
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1772
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:48 pm
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort
Location: 2009
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by chocohugs »

the actions of one person shouldn't reflect an entire group of people

anyways, equality is cool. that's all i have to say on it
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
User avatar
cranberys
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Memes

Re: Feminism.

Post by cranberys »

I wasn't comparing the entire group, I was just saying, this feminist doesn't afraid of anything.
Papa Pia
User avatar
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by cinnamonstyx »

yeah that was a thing, but she didn't disappear
she did some videos using the budget but they were basically identical to her previous videos

anyways, i'm a joss whedon esque feminist and primary nonchalant dude.
Chocolate_Chao wrote:anyways, equality is cool. that's all i have to say on it
that's it, topic over.
eboy's seme
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Triert »

Her name is Anita Sarkeesian, she should be an example of what feminists need to avoid.
User avatar
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:58 am
Location: △.

Re: Feminism.

Post by Poseidon »

Not going to bother going into this, but people really need to shake that outdated view of feminism. I very much appreciate and agree with atomicbat's and PIF's posts. Luv u guyz.

To reiterate what Choco said, equality IS cool. women's issues are important, y'all.
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Image
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Corvo »

Feminism can be good depending on where it is. In most of the west, it's mostly blaming men for minor inconveniences and saying their rapists who should be castrated for disagreeing with them.

In places like the Middle East where women are ACTUAL objects who do get actually raped and injured because part of their cover slipped or they protested is where feminism needs to be, not angry hormonal teenagers on tumblr or middle aged women with a drunk husband who want men to be sex slaves and laborers, who ruin a once good cause.

The truly ridiculous ones are the ones who complain about women in fictional worlds. It's not this world. Our ideals and morals don't apply, because it's not this one. Why would a fictional world change because you don't like it?

I'm all for equality, though. Vocal minorities really ruined the face of feminism, however.
User avatar
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: You currently have 1 Gems
Contact:

Re: Feminism.

Post by Coty »

I'm such a strong believer in women's equal rights, that I don't open doors for them, and I don't put down the toilet seat, though it seems to tick them off for some reason :thinking: I don't understand why they're not happy :cry:
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Renata
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Renata »

this topic made me really angry at first but then it was redeemed a little and oops now im angry again
(warning lots of swearing)
Corvo wrote:Feminism can be good depending on where it is. In most of the west, it's mostly blaming men for minor inconveniences and saying their rapists who should be castrated for disagreeing with them.
umm? last i checked, rape is like, in fact, a serious issue, especially for women. "blaming men for minor inconveniences" - yeah, okay, being harrassed on the streets on a daily basis is a minor inconvenience. i think you're taking that a little towards the extremes. we're not asking for men to be castrated, man, we're just asking for them to respect us as PEOPLE and not personal **** toys or a sack with boobs. like, the thought that rape is still a thing that's legitimately happening and is still a thing people are defending on behalf of the men who did it makes me really ****** angry.

but ok man. feminism is needed everywhere. the middle east i can agree probably needs it more, but i'm not educated around that area. but let me just -
Corvo wrote:angry hormonal teenagers on tumblr
are you seriously going to get mad at this. dude, it's a good thing that so many people are educated about this stuff on tumblr. it kind of means that we're smarter and more rational than some other people! and we actually ****** recognize that it's an issue! if you're going to blame it on the age of the people involved when they are supporting it nonetheless then i seriously have no words for you?? just because theyre teenagers and they happen to be angry about what's happening doesn't ****** excuse their viewpoints.
Corvo wrote:middle aged women with a drunk husband who want men to be sex slaves and laborers
where did this even come from
what.
i don't? i seriously.
that is NOT what we want. are you serious right now.

repeat after me everyone
MISANDRY =////= FEMINISM
MISANDRY IS THE MINDLESS HATE OF MEN
MISANDRY IS NOT WHAT FEMINISM IS ABOUT
FEMINISM IS THE MOVEMENT FOR EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
THIS DOESNT MEAN WE WANT TO BE BETTER THAN MEN, THIS MEANS WE WANT TO BE SEEN AS EQUAL
AND MAYBE HAVE SOME OF THE TERRIBLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO US TO STOP HAPPENING
YEAH
Corvo wrote: The truly ridiculous ones are the ones who complain about women in fictional worlds. It's not this world. Our ideals and morals don't apply, because it's not this one. Why would a fictional world change because you don't like it?
MAYBE ITS SUCH A BIG ****** ISSUE BECAUSE PEOPLE HYPERSEXUALIZE WOMEN AND THAT ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE CONSIDERING ITS MEANT!! TO APPEAL!! TO A MALE AUDIENCE
seriously
we just want some badass lady characters who arent all about sex and being sexy ok.
we don't want to fulfill your dumb fantasies
thats what **** is for. this is not ****. this is a comic/video game. this is not your personal erotic material.
dont you pull your dumb "fictional world" **** on me
i seriously wouldn't have such of an issue with any of this if there weren't so MANY and if they weren't EVERYWHERE and if they weren't CREATED BY MEN FOR MEN.
women are people too. we are not. your. sex toys.
Corvo wrote:I'm all for equality, though. Vocal minorities really ruined the face of feminism, however.
it doesnt really sound like youre all for equality to me though???
shrugs
whatever


feminism makes me angry because so few people GET IT
User avatar
cranberys
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Memes

Re: Feminism.

Post by cranberys »

you're bad at internet, calm down, we are all friends here. no one said that women are the devil, no one said that women suck, we all agree that humans are humans, lets move on.
Papa Pia
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Triert »

I don't think tumblr is a very good idea for any support for or against feminism.

There's a lot of misandry on tumblr Renae, a lot. There's just about as much ignorance and misandry on tumblr as there is learning. So there's an equal balance of both rather then a society of enlightened scholars. Also, tumblr is a terrible example for or against feminism. What because of the misandry it carries gives feminists a bad image and they give the wrong message.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Corvo »

Renata wrote:words with lots of asterisks, italics, and exclamation points
I'm not even going to bother making a detailed argument because I'm tired and retro asked for us not to.

The thread is about the straw/fringe feminists that ruin the idea and bother the true feminists. Not feminists in general. If that were the topic, I would discuss it.

Rape is a serious problem. Being harassed on the streets is as well. Loosing a job to a man because he's more qualified, not because he's a man, is a minor inconvenience. Did I mention rape being one of the minor inconveniences? No. People who get angry at men for being raped is fine. People getting angry at all men ever because they lost a job to one or because they watched a documentary on rape is not. And yes, the straw feminists that the OP's topic is about DO want all men to be castrated. Most feminists, like you mentioned, just want them to stop being jerks.

The reason I mentioned the certain ages is because that's what the average age for the topic is. True feminists are of all ages. The ones that freak out about anything a man does are usually angry teenagers or middle aged women. Did I mention I was angry about anything? No. Stop making your own conclusions.

The badass sexy ladies in video games and comics are bad? Why? They are confident in their strength, their looks, and their proud of their sexuality, like Bayonetta. Chicks in a thong and a bra being more powerful than the dude in 10 ton titanium armor is dumb though and it ruins designs, I agree that it needs to stop. And many of them are designed and written by women as well, and comics and video games are for both men and women, so don't claim it's a masculine culture thing.

I am for equality, but the way to it isn't removing rights from others or adding excess ones to someone else. Making women more powerful than men doesn't balance the scale, it just tips it in a different direction.
User avatar
cranberys
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Memes

Re: Feminism.

Post by cranberys »

your sights on the middle east are misinformed and jump to too many conclusions and in reality only about 1/2 of the region ACTUALLY bring down females and its not because they want to, its because its part of a religion or cultural belief, and usually due to respect for man, religion, or political observation.

((BTW I can give you like 50 good characters of books that happen to be female, independent, and all around SICK ladies))
Papa Pia
Renata
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Feminism.

Post by Renata »

Triert wrote:I don't think tumblr is a very good idea for any support for or against feminism.

There's a lot of misandry on tumblr Renae, a lot. There's just about as much ignorance and misandry on tumblr as there is learning. So there's an equal balance of both rather then a society of enlightened scholars. Also, tumblr is a terrible example for or against feminism. What because of the misandry it carries gives feminists a bad image and they give the wrong message.
i honestly have not seen a lot of misandry on tumblr? at least from what i can remember.
any that i have seen has been corrected already by someone who knows what they're talking about.
again, i'm not an expert on the subject, but i do know enough to say that there are a lot of feminists on tumblr and probably not as many misandrists.
again, those groups can be found anywhere, and that's kind of why i like to say that we should disregard misandrists? because honestly, just like misogynists, they're a mindlessly hateful group and anything that they really say on the subject probably shouldn't be listened to. it's kinda like saying "well there are a lot of racists on tumblr too!" in response to "there are a lot of racially-accepting people." the two really shouldn't be mixed.

and, well, duh. no place is entirely perfect? i'm just saying in general that tumblr seems to be full of younger people who are becoming aware of social issues and taking a positive stance on them.
Corvo wrote:words
i'm not really trying to make this into an argument haha
i'm sorry for being angry i guess? but yknow. opinions
the way he worded it is making it sound awfully like it included feminists in general? if he wanted to be specific and say that it was about those extremists, then why wouldn't he point that out?
besides i'm terrible at remembering like every last detail of every post but whatever.
making a topic about those specific breeds of feminist would seem like it'd be awfully boring. and kind of like. wouldn't everyone just agree. whatever.

anyways.
i guess if that's specifically what you're referring to then i'm okay with that? but jesus. clearer wording please. does wonders

i dont have anything in specific against the badass ladies that also look sexy man. those are fine. even better if they own their sexuality. that's great. i was specifically referring to the ones that are so sexualized that they lose any sense of practicality in their design. those are the ones that are usually designed by men to please other men. because lets face it. those men have no idea how women work.
i'm not implying that it is, again. women can enjoy anything they want. men can too. it's just that usually those kinds of things do have male audiences!! because you know sex sells and all that

and you're right, that's not the way. again i'm not saying to make women more powerful uuuuuurgh. we're not removing any rights from men for crying out loud. sure we're aiming to add to women's rights, but that's just to make it more balanced


whatever im not even angry anymore

sorry i guess retro lmfao
User avatar
cranberys
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Memes

Re: Feminism.

Post by cranberys »

before I get punched

what rights are exclusive to men in the united stated?
Papa Pia
Locked