So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Ball
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Post by Chao Ball »

basically just attack on titan, want to watch the dangan ronpa anime
was watching dansai bunri no crime edge and yahare ore no seishun, dropped off on both of those
keep up with the hayate the combat butler and the world god only knows mangas, also the aot manga of course
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

this is the first time i've been legitimately keeping up with anime since sword art online!!! very excited
i'm following dangan ronpa: the animation, free!, and the attack on titan manga and anime
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

I'm up-to-date with Attack on Titans/Shingeki no Kyojin; I'm currently rewatching Eureka 7; and I have interest in watching Free! and possibly the Dangan Ronpa anime.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Despite not being proficient enough in Japanese to read them, not that my vision would let me even if I was, my copies of Ojamajo Doremi 16 Naive, Ojamajo Doremi 16 Turning Point, and Ojamajo Doremi 17 arrived Wednesday, and just in time, as the fantranslations just starting releasing material from Naive. Also got the Ojamajo Doremi 16 Drama CD as I preodered the limited edition of the 4th novel. Not telling when a fantranslation for that will be published online. Still keeping up with the Ojamajo Doremi fansubs, despite being reduced to having the subtitle scripts read to me instead of actually watching them. Also continue to stockpile fansubs of Precure in the hopes of marathoning them when my vision improves.

Otherwise, my anime is limited to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, and Inu-Yasha courtesy of Toonami.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Just found out A Certain Magical Index had an English dub. No idea this happened until yesterday, when it turns out it was dubbed in 2012, and finished and was only released on a DVD, which no one has seemed to upload anywhere.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
ChaoLantern
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by ChaoLantern »

Sadly, I have not. I've not watched/followed an anime for a good year and a half now. I'm planning to try and get back into watching anime soon; Any suggestions?
"Post apocalyptic" Roleplay!
* Chao RP survival of the fittest!
Doodle requests are OPEN!
* ChaoLantern Draws : The World!
*My DeviantART!
*pasta-poppers.tumblr.com
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

attack on titan
DokiDoki288
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by DokiDoki288 »

Anime I have completed: Fairy Tail, Lucky Star, Bleach, Mew Mew Power(4kidz dub), Nadia, Naruto, Ouran Host :herocool:
Anime I have not finished: Azumanga Diaoh, Naruto Shippuden, Toyko Mew Mew(Japenesse), Hetalia, Ranma, Sailor Moon, Excel Saga, Soul Eater :herocry:
Anime I am currently watching: Vanguard, One Piece :chaohappy:
"Those that abandon their mission are trash, but those that abandon their friends are worse then trash"
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Lately, I have been getting my Mahou Shoujo fix via listening to the English dubs of Damashita Powerpuff Girls Z and Futari wa Pretty Cure.

The PPGZ dub is so bad that it almost crosses the line from cringeworthy to hilarious.

The Pretty Cure dub is, quite possibly the best dub of a Mahou Shoujo anime I have heard, though the English voices and Names for Nagisa and Hanoka take some getting use to.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

So when Zurückspulen / the 2013 series is finished, what's going to happen to the "Complete Series" DVDs of Rozen Maiden that Sentai Filmworks already has out? I suppose the most logical plan of action would be to release it on its own once it's finished, but still.

Man, they package their DVDs so weird. I always feel like I'm going to break them. Also, would it hurt to use the page sort of thing instead of layering them on top of eachother?
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Whilst I don't follow any anime, my friend and I watched a very gory mystery anime called Bachano, which was pretty interesting. I've also begun to like Naruto after seeing some episodes with two friends who are big fans, but I'd never find the time to begin watching the entire series.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Marathoned the English dub of Madoka Magica Saturday Night(Okay,technically, I listened to the first third before taking my usual nap in perparation for Toonami and then listened to the rest after Toonami finished with stuff that isn't reruns). Well, I have a new favorite short anime, and a new second favorite Mahou Shoujo anime. Will definately be given the series a proper watch and checking out the manga apadtation and expanded universe when my vision recovers enough for me to do so. Anyone know if any of the movies have been dubbed?
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

Finished Black Butler and Black Butler II a while ago. Grell is easily the greatest character on that show. Nobody can compare to him!
I've been watching/reading Daily Lives of Highschool Boys (funniest anime I have ever seen). I can't even begin to explain how funny some of the stories are. I liked Tadakuni even though he didn't appear very often but every story he's in is pretty funny.
And I've been continuing Shingeki no Kyojin and reading it's manga. So I'm all up to date on everything with it! If you haven't watched it, I really recommend it!
(18:37:50) JmTsHaW: they're here for chaos's sweet buns
(18:45:41) Chaos_the_Light_Chao: My freshly-cooked buns bring all the girls to the yard
fieryQuantum
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Happiness and muffins. But mostly muffins.

Post by fieryQuantum »

Rewatching Soul Eater...

Why are my friends yelling at me to watch something called Attack on Titan?????
My Nintendo Network ID for Wii U/3DS: fQuantum
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/supermarioman11/
My Skype: cameron.dilbeck
My twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/supermarioman11
My 3DS friend code: 3265-63962357
(15:55:08) fieryQuantum: I was literally freaking out to the point where I almost had a heart attack and died right there, which would have been beyond ironic.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^Because its the current "Hot shounen anime adapted from a manga" over in Japan and is the current big thing in subbed anime circles.

In additiong to the Big 3 and Soul Eater, I have added Sword Art Online to the list of shows I listen to on Toonami. Enjoying it so far, though the guy who created the game is straight up crazy.
Bunelody
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Bunelody »

I'm currently waiting for the final episodes of Oreimo. I know how it's going to end but I really want to see how the anime executes it... Unless the anime took a different route than the manga.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

so last night i watched the entirety of mirai nikki
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Alright time to bump this.

Finished Welcome to the N.H.K on Monday, and damn, it was too good. It's a one of a kind anime that everyone should watch. It's got everything. Feels, comedy, romance and feels. What more can you ask for in a Slice of Life anime about a NEET trying to break out of his hikikomori habits.

The music is also top tier. Seriously, I'm listening to it right now. It's just so calming and mellow, it's truly perfect for the anime, and the music that isn't calming or mellow is right on the dot for what they're trying to convey, if it's action it sounds like action, if it's comedy it sound like comedy. And Pururin is the best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqegbNeIuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo1zKGl5a-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwzTOKTySM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPewYMlb03s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX6b45iCoO8 (Probably my favourite theme of the entire ost)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gSh7_P1saM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONvKZVRLU1w (With this coming second)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ClSlzzkFI

Seriously guys, I know I was 9 years late to it but if you haven't watched it, you really should.

And with this two year bump, lets hear what animes you guys are watching.

Oh, I also started (well I'm going to start) watching Neon Genesis Evangelion since I see people talk about it a lot and I feel it must be pretty good, plus people recommended it to me when I asked for similar anime to NHK.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

@ retro: i wish you luck with watching eva, it's a ride

as for myself, recently i watched kill la kill but i'm like over a year late to the party so lol

i'm excited for the new devilman anime on the way, and i plan to ride that train all the way to the end unless the ride ends up being extremely disappointing before it's even over

Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

When I was a teenager, I used to watch any anime I could, good or bad, because I liked "anime" as a whole.
Now I only watch things I like or think I will genuinely like, and since I'm more busy, sitting down and devoting my time to anime is getting harder and harder.

But my boyfriend and I recently finished Tokyo Ghoul together, and it was very good. I highly recommend it.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Finished the first season of Higurashi.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

not sure what to watch now, but open to suggestions
anime I have seen
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Fooly Cooly
Lucky Star
Ouran Host Club
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Melancholy of Haruhi-Chan (mini spinoff)

I'm pretty sure I"ve seen others, but I can't remember at the moment.. :/
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

I recently marathoned the 4Kids dub of Tokyo Mew Mew and didn't find it nearly as cringe worthy as I remembered. Still, makes me wish a better English dub existed(or a dub at all for the second half), or that I could still read subs/manga.

Listened to the first two seasons of Nanoha a few months ago and wish the third season had a dub.

I know I'm late to the party by some of your ages, but I've also been working my way through Ranma 1/2 and I'm about a dozen episodes in. I blame my sudden interest in such an old long runner on the Infinite Loops and Ranma Saotome's status as one of the Original 7(and being the most interesting of the 3 of the O7 I'm not already familiar with the source material thereof).

I'd be marathoning Doremi-Fansubs's V2s of the first Season of Ojamajo Doremi right now if I could see as well as watching the latest Precure. Still following the translation of the Ojamajo Doremi 16 Light Novels, but a new chapter hasn't been released since December.

Speaking of Light Novels, I'm running low on Fanfiction and Original Web Novels to read(and tommorrow's the last day of the for me for the semester and I have two weeks before my summer classes start), so any recommendations for Fan translated LNs would be nice(Official translations are good too, but those are less likely to be available in a screen reader friendly digital format). HTML-only webpages intended for online reading and plain text are my preferred formats, but everyone seems to use either PDF or a dedicated e-Book format that requires special software if not a dedicated device to read.

Anything good been dubbed recently? Preferrably that isn't action heavy/sight gag heavy to the point that you lose most of the point just listening?
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

I've always liked anime, but I really started getting into it as a 'hardcore' fan around late 2013 and so I've obviously seen a lot since. What I mostly see are seasonal shows the day they come out, and then I'll occasionally marathon a full series when I don't have much to do. Though I do tend to marathon shows during the 1-2 week transitional period between seasons when shows are ending and new ones are starting.

Out of the shows I watched in 2014, my favourites were probably Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Part 3 and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, with my favourite out of them being Nozaki-Kun. My favourite show that I've finished so far his year would have to be Junketsu no Maria, or Maria the Virgin Witch, which is not as perverted as it sounds trust me. It takes place during the 100 years wars between France and England which took place in the 14th and 15th century, which is one of my favourite medieval periods and is one of the most historically accurate shows I've seen, if you exclude the whole magic and witch motif. This season is looking really good with two hilarious shows airing, Ore Monogatari and Shokugeki no Soma and with the Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works season 2 airing, being just as awesome as ever.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

After what seems like forever, I've finally obtained the Complete Animax dub of Cardcaptor Sakura in a format I can actually listen to. Currently 8 episodes in and starting to get use to how different the voice actors are from the Nelvana dub(which I Marathoned roughly 2 years ago).

Up to the low 20s on my Marathoning of Ranma.