Any Medical Conditions?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Any Medical Conditions?

Post by retrolinkx »

Might be a bit too personal if you don't want to say.

I, fortunately don't have any I know of, the only thing I do have is short sightedness and thus have to wear glasses but that is it.

What about you guys? Have anything serious, or something downright odd?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Any Medical Conditions?

Post by Triert »

Tore a knee ligament and it's still pretty weak.
Pastaa~Chao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Pastaa~Chao »

My left eye is a lazy eye. You can get treatment for it, but it was supposed to have been done when I was three years old, but my eye doctor never mentioned it then.
Chao Island Roleplay: Rebirth: "I speak with the tones of shadowed viridian (#00BF8F)..."
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

short sighted, need to get my eye strength tested again but I HATE eye drops. they burn and make me tear up so bad.

digestion issues since birth. ranging from stomach aches to other...issues. Add in a lack of a gallbladder and needing to take medicine for that (supposed to be every day but I don't for...5-8 months at a time?)

allergic to CAT Scan injections, easily sickened by milk

Anemia and some trouble breathing (to a point I can't blow up a balloon anymore)

Depression comes on and off. sometimes ranging from random sadness to sudden suicidal thoughts (that I have never acted on, thank god)

social anxiety, I can't get into convos very well, and don't like to be around areas that don't have proper internet/phone connections. I love to be around others close to my age though..

multiple forms of cancer, diabetes, and asthma runs in my family, both sides.
Last edited by ShadriaFan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

When I was a small child I was allergic to penicillin but I guess I grew out of that. I grew up having asthma and allergies (hay fever), now it's just allergies. I'm nearsighted and have to wear glasses while driving (not really but legally) and my father's side of my family has a history of colon problems, which I'm not looking forward to by any means. I'm overweight and looking to rectify the situation. I have chronic anxiety which occasionally results in depression and I may be bipolar though I've never gotten an official diagnosis and I'm not sure I really want to.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Speaking of Father and Mother sides.

My father's side has a history or Diabeties and Heart Attacks, while my Mother's side has a history of Strokes and High blood pressure.

So I'm sure as hell not looking forward to those.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Time for the laundry list. I mean, some of you have seen pictures of me, so some of this probably isn't a surprise:

I have Duchenne muscular dystrophy, arguably the most severe form of muscular dystrophy as it affects most muscular tissue from birth. For those of you who don't know, your body produces chemicals that repair muscle tissue when it's used, so that at the very least you maintain your muscle mass. With DMD this doesn't happen, causing your muscles to progressively waste away from birth until death. You lose your ability to walk and it eventually begins to effect more crucial muscles like your heart and diaphragm. At 21, I use a power chair, ventilator, and really only can type with voice software/my pinky plus on-screen keyboard. I have limited hand use and need assistance with pretty much everything. So I rely heavily on nursing and my girlfriend to do most things. Fortunately, this doesn't inhibit my interests or love life at all.

I have lung failure and left ventricular cardiomyopathy from DMD, but they're remedied with the ventilator and medicine therapy. Chronic pain is another extension of my disease, so I take hydrocodone plus tylenol (essentially vicodin or lortab) and naproxen (aleve) several times daily. I'm interesting to talk to one on one to say the least. It's a wonder I can maintain being formal when posting. I'm actually, uh, shall we say, eccentric and goofy.

I have struggled with anxiety and depression since I was little, but years of medication is finally keeping it mostly controlled. I also developed insomnia when I was a teenager and even medicated for it can occasionally be wide awake until 4/5 AM.

I'm a pretty happy guy though. As it stands, I can still do everything I want to in some capacity.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Congenital Glaucoma and I have undergone retinal reattachment in both eyes.
I suffer from chronic lower back pain that I refuse to take pain killers for.
I was at one time on medication for hypertension.
I am roughly 100 puonds overweight, and have a crappy diet that makes losig weight difficult.

Both of my parents are diabetic and both have heart problems(and a heart attack was the straw that broke the camel's back regarding my mom's decline and death).

I've never smoked, but I live with multiple smokers and the house is clean enough of other allergens for the second hand smoke to make me feel nauseous just from the smell.
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

physical, i have poor vision and anemia, i think? i heard it in passing once from a doctor i visited once, and to be honest given the symptoms i wouldn't be surprised, like iron deficiency.
i'm also suspecting hypoglycemia but i have yet to see a doctor to confirm this.

mental, i've been diagnosed with depression and attention deficit disorder. i'm currently being medicated for depression, i used to be medicated for ADD when i was in school, but i haven't felt a need to stay on medication after dropping out. i may try to see what i can do if i get a job and have trouble, but i'm iffy since i went on ritalin and it was a nightmare. considering adderall.
likely "disassociative identity disorder" (i'm iffy about using DID to refer to my plurality because it doesn't effect me/us negatively and isn't really a disorder in our case, hoping newer terms are coined for this), though i currently am unable to see a doctor with where i am right now, and i... don't want to be treated as an other even moreso as i am and be forced to integrate unless i can find a plural friendly doctor/counselor who i could just talk to about it and just get advice for dealing with it.
idk ableism classism
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Poor vision really. Not diagnosed with any mental conditions, but don't have any therapy.. so yeah.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I have asthma and required an inhaler for much of my childhood, and though I haven't had an asthma attack in years I still struggle to breathe anything other than clean air. Anything from bug spray to second hand smoke sends me into a hacking fit. Years of living in the country have definitely spoiled me; the allergies that I used to suffer so much from when I was younger are barely a blip on the radar anymore, but if I go to Bogalusa with it's damned paper mill I feel like the fumes will kill me...

Have Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD but those aren't really medical problems. I used to have severe insomnia, to the point where I couldn't sleep for three or four days at a time, and when I finally succumbed to exhaustion I still wouldn't be able to get enough rest. Maintaining anything that resembled a normal sleeping pattern required taking medication. It's not as extreme as it used to be, but I still have trouble falling asleep when I want to. Thankfully now, when I do rest, I usually sleep for a decent amount of time.

I'm rarely depressed or stressful- the most common source of unhappiness I experience arises from my lack of friends and other companionship. Despite that, I actually think never communicating with more than two people a day is part of the reason why I have so little stress, as I'm an introvert by nature and solitude is my natural element. Going to school and being forced to endure the presence of a hundred other people was a lot more nervewracking.

I don't know anything about my parents' medical history or that of their families. My eyesight, hearing, and motor skills are all normal as far as I can tell.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

I've got asperger's syndrome, which I guess counts, and that comes hand in hand with OCD and problems with sleep. It's hard keeping a normal sleep schedule and when I manage to get on track it only lasts maybe a couple weeks max. Then it's back to not being able to fall asleep even though I'm exhausted. My mom let's me take sleeping pills when it acts up, though, but on occasion those don't even work.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

I have fibromyalgia.
Which is described as, "a syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety."
I have loads of pain meds and have to use a walking stick. There are many days I can't get out of bed anymore.
I also have thalassemia, my blood is so thin and bad its actually more orange than red now. Its fun to scare people with since I'm accident prone so I bleed a lot.

And now the list that doesn't need to be explained.
Asthma, anxiety and panic attacks, severe depression that has bordered to suicidal a few times too many, nearsightedness so I can see about a foot and a half without glasses, chronic tendinitis, sleep problems out the wazoo, allergies to animals, pollen, grass, milk, eggs, naproxin and some kind of antibiotic.

I think thats it. Who knows.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Evrything ok with me. :darkblink:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

^
except for your english

BriannaBreeder wrote:I've got asperger's syndrome, which I guess counts, and that comes hand in hand with OCD and problems with sleep. It's hard keeping a normal sleep schedule and when I manage to get on track it only lasts maybe a couple weeks max. Then it's back to not being able to fall asleep even though I'm exhausted. My mom let's me take sleeping pills when it acts up, though, but on occasion those don't even work.
this is my situation

i am bri

bri is my alt
Last edited by eblu on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

my hands are pretty shaky due to a few messed up nerves in my head (not sure if there's an actual term for it or not) + anemia and chronic migraines
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

so far i have nothing physical, but i have a strong feeling i have undiagnosed depression, anxiety, panic attacks, some other things i might not have a name for or are too small to be actual problems maybe i guess. no help with anything otherwise (no pills, etc)
help me
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Physical:
-Asthma: While it's not bad enough that I need an inhaler, sometimes I do wheeze or feel out of breath. Allergies really aggravates my asthma.

-Insomnia: Had this since I was 5 or 6. Sometimes I don't sleep for a couple of days, most of the time I only sleep for spurts of anywhere from 3-6 hours. Due to this, I nap a lot during the day when I can. I don't typically fall asleep easily and I seldom stay asleep either. If I do, it's rarely ever 8 hours. Most of the time it can extend to 12-14 hours. Basically, I get too little sleep, or too much sleep for not getting enough sleep, there is no in between. Most of the time my sleep is so light that I can hear conversations that others are having or noises in general. Like Bri, if I start getting a normal sleep cycle, it only lasts a limited amount of time before going back to being out of whack. Staying up in class is really difficult because of this one.

-Shaky hands: Sometimes my hands shake or are just really unsteady. Also somewhat related, I put waaaay too much pressure on my pens and pencils when writing. Learning to use mechanical pencils helped this a little, but I still break the lead 3 times in the span of 30 seconds sometimes. Even when I'm not putting much pressure on the page, it still feels like braille on the back. It's also why I have had a lot of trouble using my tablet. I'm still fussing with it to find a pen setting that I can use.

-Fidgety: I don't ever sit still, not even in my sleep. I always have to move something, or I get bothered. Often involuntarily, I shake my leg up and down. Sometimes I have to press down to my leg to keep myself from doing that. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep as well.

-Jaw clenching and teeth grinding: While this is entirely due to stress and anxiety disorder, I think this would still fit here. I have been grinding my teeth since I was 6, once so hard that it woke up my mom while she was sleeping and she thought my squeaking teeth was a mouse. Once I clenched my jaws so hard in my sleep that it made a spot in my gums behind my wisdom teeth hurt so bad that it hurt to open my jaw for a couple of days. I try my hardest not to grind my teeth and clench my jaw, but it often happens without my notice.

-Dermatophagia (WARNING: The images are kind of nasty so if you're really squeamish, I suggest you don't look at it): I have been biting the skin around my fingers since I was 8 or 9. It first started with my thumbs. Because of how frequently I do it, I often bleed and it hurts to touch certain liquids at times because they get into the areas I have been biting. I used to bite my nails as well, but I eventually stopped when I was 14 or 15. Since then, my skin biting has gotten much worse and I have moved on to the rest of my fingers.

-Eczema: I used to have it when I was younger, but now that has gone away. At most I just have scars on my arms (they're really just dark spots more than anything). I still have to be careful of what I have around my skin, or it will make the eczema flare up again.

-Clumsy: I'm not sure whether or not this counts, but I decided to add it since it really impedes me when I'm working out. When I'm on the treadmill, I often hurt myself or nearly fall off because I have trouble balancing. Many times I lean to the side without meaning to and I don't always walk straight.

Mental:
-Severe Depression: I have been experiencing this since I was 11 or 12. For the past few months I have been taking medication to try and remedy it. However, nothing has worked so far except to make me feel worse. I gained 18 pounds from my last one and if I wasn't so tall, then I wouldn't still look slim so I consider myself lucky on that end. I currently have a new one, but I haven't taken it yet because getting seizures is one of the side effects and that really scares me. While I know that side effects don't happen to everyone, I don't want to be the unlucky duck to get them. I'm hoping my psychiatrist doesn't just tell me "don't worry about the side effects" this time and actually works with me to consider other options. My therapist suggested looking up other medications to try on my own time, and I plan on doing that. Maybe he will be willing to prescribe them.

-Anxiety Disorder: I had my first panic attack when I was 10 or 11 and since then it has gotten worse. Some of my panic attacks would last hours on end. I'm not taking any medication for this one, however. Since phobias go under this umbrella, I also have a phobia of insects, arachnids, and death, all of them being pretty bad. I can't look at pictures of insects and arachnids without screeching and being really upset for a while. After seeing a bug in the house, I feel really unsafe in it and sometimes can't go to sleep if it happens at night. Once I had an odd fear of really long words, though it went away eventually. I'm not sure where that came from.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
FrozenSpark34
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by FrozenSpark34 »

Erm... All I have are osteophytes, or bone spurs. They're simply parts of bone that grow out of the edges of the main one; looking like large, tough bumps on the surface, to put it simply. I have them most on my knees, fingers, armpits (which cause some discomfort), and probably a rib or two. The worst one of all is just below my right wrist, which seems to have connected together the ulna and radius-if I'm not mistaken. This means I have little to no rotation in my right hand without moving my whole arm. Without rotation, writing, typing, and playing (most) sports becomes incredibly uncomfortable to the point where I have to skip some stuff at school (mainly notes and basketball/volleyball). If anyone's wondering why I post so slow, it's because I usually type with only my left.
{Coldest of Shining Lightning}
Miniature Disasters~
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

That reminds me, lately when I have enough blood drawn I start to lose consciousness, my vision goes blurry and dotted while my head becomes too heavy to hold up.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I'm short sighted, and I have a hearing problem.

I have tourettes syndrome, and do sorta... verbal/motor tics that I can't help. It's something I learned to live with. I also have anxiety.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Post by Rentu »

i dont know what you'd call it, i guess blood rush (that feeling when you've been upside down for a while then you stand back up)

it's something like that, but i get it randomly at times i've been sitting or lying down, which is p annoying because i just get up and i almost fall over due to lack of balance (i usually just sorta crouch and then lie down on the floor until it goes away)

more of an inconvenience than anything else
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog