How much have you changed since you joined?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TeamAZ
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

How much have you changed since you joined?

Post by TeamAZ »

I joined around 2011 and was inactive after a couple months. Looking back years later at my old posts, I'm so embarrassed. I was a very awkward teen in middle school and didn't know how to act appropriately or even detect social cues. I was a giant dick on this forum because of my lack of social experience.

So how much have I changed? I am normal for the most part and know how to talk to people. I don't believe in ghosts and the illuminati like I used to brag about on this forum. Not really as big of a sonic fan as I was before either. I type like a normal human being and not like a preteen girl with her first phone anymore, I've pretty much improved everything about myself. I encourage you all to look at my posts I made back in 2011, they're good for a laugh.
Every time I bring a girl home, you try to eat her! Its not fair!
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: How much have you changed since you joined?

Post by Triert »

Before I used to be a timid man, but now I have the tongue of a snake online and in the real world. I also have the tenacity of a bull when it comes to making a point.
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

There's already a topic exactly like this but I mean it really doesn't matter because as long as we've got people talking on this site then that's all that matters.

I joined this site in March 2009 and god was I the biggest brat here. I've made maybe five accounts on here. If I could see my past self standing in front of me I'd kick him in the leg for being such an annoyance.
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

In Jan of 2009 I joined and had no job and no beard, my parents bought me games...
I became able to grow a beard and got a job to play more games...
graduated...
more jobs more games...
more school and better job to support more games <- I'm here now with lots of games
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I no longer type like I'm super retarded.

That's about it. I guess I'm more cynical and cba to deal with half the drama on the sight.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I'm no longer taking elementary classes. Now I'm taking high school and college classes.
I'm more stressed (unrelated to CI)
And a few other things I'll probably edit once I get home from school
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

I went from being in high school to college.

I learned what a lot of abbreviations meant (lol, rofl, etc.)

I stopped playing with chao, I only come here to reminisce now or see if any old friends resurface

I don't art as much now due to college

I'm less mature I think :3c

I've gotten better at games by playing with others here

I think that's it...
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

The government is convinced I'm allowed to own alcohol. That's probably a big one.

Really, though, a lot would change for me. November 2008 I rolled into here with a passion for Chao and barely any social life. Six years later? I have too many passions and too many options for a social life. This really is a big question, ya know?
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I think my hair got a little longer. Hard to tell though. My beard is a lot fuller than it used to be.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

happy, noob child, joined in 2009, noobing it up with my 10 year old stupidity, being the biggest ball of stupid to ever stupid

and then the cirp nation attacked

ive gained the thrill of art and my own personal take on the cirp universe, incredibly fun for me to fantasize all day or draw about, as well as a few strong friends i still talk to every day bcus they r gr8

oh but don't worry! i have strong depression! anxiety! and a plurality mate that society (AND TRIERT) makes me feel incredibly more anxious and worried about cause it isn't ~normal~
help me
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

As much as I want to deny it, I honestly feel like I've degressed as a person since. I started as a quiet, timid, and level-headed high school grad who would remain somewhat on the side but still didn't mind partaking in chitchat with others, and now I'm a quieter, timider, and not as much so but still somewhat level-headed college student who's quiet and withdrawn, having trouble keeping a conversation going with even his closest friends and outright dreading debates and certain subject matters. I've become much more jaded and somber, and have been pretty prone to bad mood swings (although I can still handle my emotions pretty well and avoid being outwardly emotional/snippy which I suppose I can be proud of). I've also since picked up a dreadful habit of being wayyy too paranoid over failure, that I want to get rid of. My good characteristics are all still intact (although somewhat deteriorated in some spots), but I've picked up a wide array of bad characteristics that are trying to hog the limelight, and I'm internally struggling to get rid of them again.

tl;dr: I've gone from silent but still very willing to be around others to completely antisocial and fighting an ongoing battle with depression. (Not really because of this site though. It didn't really have any significant impact on me, as I've 'grown' with other sites [All is Brawl and Smashboards in particular], while this one was and still is just a side one for me.)
- space for rent -