.hack// (dothack)

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

.hack// (dothack)

Post by CFood »

Who here is into the .hack// series as a whole? The games, anime, light novels, and manga.

I first came across it in Project X Zone with Kite and BlackRose as a pair unit and became really interested. I saw some books at the library and borrowed them and read through them both so fast. Which those conveniently came first in the timeline, which was nice. Currently I'm about to start working on INFECTION for PS2.

I wanna say my favourites so far are AI Buster 1 and SIGN. Seeing stuff from AI Buster get referenced in SIGN was amazing. And the ending of SIGN juts blew my mind! When Sora turned into Skeith, I was not expecting that at all! I had already came across him in Project X Zone and just completely hated his void personality ass and to see one of the characters I grew to really like turn into him!! WHAT, WHY, HOW

What y'all think about it?
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: .hack// (dothack)

Post by retrolinkx »

I own the first game, but haven't bothered to own the rest, since they got for ridiculous prices online. I hope to be able to own them all one day.

Haven't looked into the anime or manga's, or anything.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Maple
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Maple »

I've only watched Legend of the Twilight all the way through, but I was a really big fan of it a while back. I've also watched a bit of Sign and Roots, but never actually finished either of the series, maybe I'll get back into it soon. The games look pretty interesting to me but I've never played them, especially since like Retro said their pretty expensive.
"stop talking about your dried up fruits."
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I watched some of the anime (most SIGHN and I think a few episodes of Legend of Twilight) but never got that into the franchise. Re-watching the anime would be a low priorty for me but I'd definitely give the manga a shot some time.

The games aren't on a system I own but certainly look interesting.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Post by CFood »

Yeah, the prices are crazy sometimes, on eBay it seems to float around 40 sometimes. Which for a two generation old game is a bit pricy, but it's better than Amazon's 85 dollars.

I'll let you all know what I think about the game whenever I get to it.

I think it's worth the 40 dollar price tag personally right now.

Ivogoji, it's a little funny you say that, because the Legend of Twilight manga is actually the canon one, while the anime adaption isn't. So it works out for you, lmao

The nice thing is that most of these are so disconnected you don't really need to watch, read, and play everything. But I'm a bit obsessed with it, so I'm going to!
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

the most involved i ever got with .hack// was the .hack//SIGN anime which was, not that great but it was interesting at least. i actually did watch it all the way through, and i am interested in buying the dvd boxset for it. as for the games, well, i've thought about them before but i'l likely not even try to play them. it's hard for me to get my ass in gear to play games in general which is unfortunate. maybe i might give the manga a try sometime but who knows.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

yeah i've thought about getting into the games at least, but i'm going on 23 years old and the desire to actually use consoles from that generation is super low, especially considering component a/v and hdmi converters only do so much to clear up the image and my vision doesn't require glasses or anything but this basic ***** can't see in blur

i do have like a ps2, ps3, and a ps4 connected so it's not like i need to dig out that skinny rectangle, and i did just buy every xenosaga game but, i'm one those girls that once i'm used to the fluidity and scope and mechanics and aesthetics of something new, it's jarring going back, not to mention i'm disabled soooo modern button remapping and alt control schemes kinda are what keep me playing now and the one ps2 controller i have is too stiff too manipulate. i'll get around to it eventually though. but i'm hoping sony takes ps2 on ps4 seriously and pursues digital versions of every game they had. if dark cloud 2 and arc the lad got uploaded surely bandai namco games aren't that a struggle, but

if you play more of the series lemme know because if it's consistent i'll def find a way to track everything down.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I have never played the games, even though I've been given the chance, and I've only watched Legend of the Twilight in its entirety. I've watched parts of Sign and Roots, watched all of this 3 episode thing that was on Netflix and where The World was on a handheld instead. I've also read a lot on the wikis, and read the Legend of the Twilight manga.

I like the franchise, but haven't had the time to give it the attention it deserves.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mephilesfan1
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: memento mori

Post by Mephilesfan1 »

late reply but it is relevant my friends. i did play .hack//infection, for the ps2. i did enjoy it a bit but it was very confusing for me omg. ouo i had no idea what was going on, but i still enjoyed it nonetheless