can we talk about how hostile this site is now

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Re: can we talk about how hostile this site is now

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Pumpkinium wrote:i think of a group of people that are too obsessed with themselves and their friends that share similar opinions to the point at which they'd rather drive people away instead of fix a problem that has absolutely no drawbacks on account of defending what THEY find comfortable and not stopping to care if it makes someone else uncomfortable, no matter what their background is, and saying they 'can't accommodate for everyone.' (asking someone to stop using the tr*p slur, which is at absolutely no loss to the person using it.)
First of all, yes, the usage of "a male crossdresser" for the word trap was banned from the discord after you threw a fit thinking that it applied to you when it didn't. Second, there's a difference between driving people away, and not catering to someone who looks at every small detail and has to check the internet to see if you should be offended by something. You can't accommodate for every small thing tumblr told you was offensive.
Pumpkinium wrote:i think of a group of people that, at this point, have destroyed any desire for me to wish to speak in front of about things i find important to me because whenever i do, i get greeted with nasty opinions, jokes to throw away whatever i said on account of the joke, and the classic dogpiling the majority of this group mindset loves to participate in to the point at which the chat moves too fast to be able to construct any kind of thoughtful response in a timely manner.
Nonono im sorry you can't come out and say dogpiling is bad when you ARGUED FOR IT WHEN PEOPLE WERE DOGPILING EBLU. Literally argued that it was an ok thing to do.

Also, when has anyone thrown a nasty opinion towards you for talking? I can think of the time where I said you were dumb for wanting to name yourself after a video game character, and that's it. Maybe when you asked for names under the rule "Nothing straight, nothing fictional" and most people thought you were just joking.
Pumpkinium wrote:but this group of people i speak of is something the word clique can sometimes be used for, because when i think of this 'clique', i think of a group of people that i'm not welcome in. i expect everything i say to get some kind of argument or negative response because i KNOW everyone in the group always has something to say about me because i'm not meeting their unnecessary expectations of what a person should be like. i'm a transboy that wants to be called vulture and i'm a system of 5 distinct souls of demons and dragons alike having a good time. no one wants to take me seriously because they're too busy worrying about how stupid and fake my decisions are instead of just going 'oh hey that's cool.' because i have a history of getting in fights and then removing myself from them because i can no longer find the words to explain what's important to me.
No one has problems with you being trans. There are plenty of trans people in the discord. The main problem some people have with you is how easily you are to outrage and believe whatever you read online that tells you something is bad. That is something you could easily fix by chilling out and not being offended by fictitious problems. Save the drama and outrage for actual things worth being mad at, and chill out on things that don't need that.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

i'm not going to do the whole quote thing bc i find it infuriating to read and type

pumpkinium i find issue with a lot of what you said because i don't feel as though it's entirely fair. people often don't refer directly to you because you have a history of avoiding confrontation, which i get, confrontation isn't fun and it can be intimidating. but it's incredibly frustrating to hear you complain about people not talking to you directly when nearly every single time that happens wolf or vic would come in and speak for you. he ends up calming the situation, so when you return the tension is still there and those issues are left unresolved. no one hears any words from you. you also tend to leave the discord when you dont like it and talk about us to other people on this site but then at other times you like to be involved in the discourse talking about people. it leaves people feeling as though you're hard to trust.

in regards to the name, no one was telling you that you can't call yourself after a poison; they were advising you not to, because unfortunately in society you would likely face consequences for it. they weren't saying they didnt find it acceptable, but it was that scoiety probably wouldn't and it would have ramifications in the long run.

the trap issue was a more complicated issue as in the context it was being used to search images in a specific tag, and it also refers to dmab transfeminine people in particular, and many dmab transfem people in the server had been okay with the word and had spoken up about it in the server in the recent past. but you'll be happy to know that the word has been banned now.

you have a tendency to talk about your problems or issues a lot, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but whenever people try to suggest any kind of resolve to you you dismiss them. like when i suggested baby name sites for a new name, which i thought would be useful as i am a trans person who has gone through something similar, you completely rejected my suggestion. and often the way you speak is abrasive and can come across as offensive.

honestly, i think a lot of the problems you're expressing to us aren't everyone else's fault but moreso your own. you tend to have issues with being dismissive and rude and i dont' really think everyone else is to blame for their response to that. i think it would be better to think about how you could behave in a slightly more amicable and considerate way before blaming problems on other people.

and that's what i think. feel free to disagree.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Did you guys really ban the word trap
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

@pinka

"First of all, yes, the usage of "a male crossdresser" for the word trap was banned from the discord after you threw a fit thinking that it applied to you when it didn't. Second, there's a difference between driving people away, and not catering to someone who looks at every small detail and has to check the internet to see if you should be offended by something. You can't accommodate for every small thing tumblr told you was offensive."

--

i never said it applied to or affected me personally, and i'm mostly upset because it makes one of my friends that is/was in that server very uncomfortable and also spoke out about not liking it. and i'll say again, it's really easy to just say something else that isn't so widely offensive in the first place. attributing 'tumblr' to this means nothing, otherwise why is the word slur commonly referring to the t word in the first place?

--

"Nonono im sorry you can't come out and say dogpiling is bad when you ARGUED FOR IT WHEN PEOPLE WERE DOGPILING EBLU. Literally argued that it was an ok thing to do.

Also, when has anyone thrown a nasty opinion towards you for talking? I can think of the time where I said you were dumb for wanting to name yourself after a video game character, and that's it. Maybe when you asked for names under the rule "Nothing straight, nothing fictional" and most people thought you were just joking."

--

i was always against dogpiling, i was the one telling people that if they wanted to try and talk to eboy about issues, they should do it in dms because it's much more calm. when i did i was told to 'not tell people what to do/minimod' i don't recall EVER being FOR dogpiling and if i did, please show me.

you weren't in the server as long as i have so you don't really have many examples to choose from. the entire name discussion was bad enough as is, your comments about me wanting to call myself jhin were snooty and pointless, and i don't recall saying 'nothing straight.' like what does that even mean. how can a name be straight. i do, however, remember asking for no one to give me a name that sounds foreign for reasons i don't feel the need to argue, it's irrelevant.

--

"No one has problems with you being trans. There are plenty of trans people in the discord. The main problem some people have with you is how easily you are to outrage and believe whatever you read online that tells you something is bad. That is something you could easily fix by chilling out and not being offended by fictitious problems. Save the drama and outrage for actual things worth being mad at, and chill out on things that don't need that."

--

you're picking out which part people have a problem with. of course they don't care i'm trans, but there's also a subtle preference for trans girls in the whole server over trans boys to the point at which, apparently, trans boys opinions don't matter on the trap discussion, apparently, because it doesn't affect them, which isn't the entire purpose of the uncomfortable issue.

i do save my outrage for injustice towards any minority very often, but we're talking about issues regarding the discord server right now.

----------------------

@minty

regarding confrontation: i don't know why they go and talk about things for me/when i leave, because i never tell them to. i just say 'oh such and such happen' and then they go and do it themselves. i don't know where you're getting any of this, because i encourage people to come talk to me directly, but no one has really tried. i don't really like it but it shouldn't happen anymore since i and the others aren't there anymore.

re. name: i understand that, but you, and others, are trying to take it upon yourselves to tell me this as if i'm a child. i asked for words and things to help me start thinking, not to be advised on what i already know.

re. tr*p: that's good i guess but no one seems to understand that, even if it only affects a specific section of trans people, to use it willingly for it's intended definition perpetuates that it's an okay word to use and less and less people will stop caring in general. it's not a word to be taken lightly.

i wasn't aware i sound abrasive/offensive. i'll try to work on it. i just don't like a majority of common names and wanted something that didn't cross into being foreign but sounds uncommon and special to me. which i already established to myself when trying to think up something.

i'm seeing dismissive a lot, and it's usually because most things suggested to me aren't what i'm looking for, but also the fact i tend to just leave the server or leave a discussion in general. there just isn't a point to me, and with my rate of trying to argue an issue, i usually give up because i don't see the point with the way people are and always have been.
help me
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

@triert: you can thank pumpkinium for that

@pumpkinium:

confrontation: fair enough that you didn't know they were speaking for you, but i'm sure you were in contact with them, and you also have the opportunity to talk to us yourself even if they are doing it for you as well. or you could ask them to stop.

names: how was i treating you like a child? i recall referring you to a specific baby name website because it was helpful to me, int hat you could type in names you liked and it would come up with ones similar. i didn't take a patronising tone with you, or if i didn't that wasn't my intention at all.

preference to trans girls...: honestly what the hell does this mean? could you please elaborate???

also, trap is not a slur. please don't water down the meaning of slur by calling something as trivial as trap a slur... and i know that trap isn't something that should be used to refer to trans women, or trans ppl in general, but multiple trans women were okay with it in the context that it was being used.

and if you don't like interacting or discussions within the server, maybe it was you that had the problem with to, not us?
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Pumpkinium wrote:i never said it applied to or affected me personally, and i'm mostly upset because it makes one of my friends that is/was in that server very uncomfortable and also spoke out about not liking it. and i'll say again, it's really easy to just say something else that isn't so widely offensive in the first place. attributing 'tumblr' to this means nothing, otherwise why is the word slur commonly referring to the t word in the first place?
You TOTALLY said it applied to you, after claiming I shouldn't use the tag to browse a booru bot.
Also, you've found outrage in other innocent things, like ohnips's Dream Daddy genderbend leading you to believe that all genderbending is transphobic because of massive overreactions to innocent fanart. Also, trap isn't a slur.
Pumpkinium wrote:i was always against dogpiling, i was the one telling people that if they wanted to try and talk to eboy about issues, they should do it in dms because it's much more calm. when i did i was told to 'not tell people what to do/minimod' i don't recall EVER being FOR dogpiling and if i did, please show me.

you weren't in the server as long as i have so you don't really have many examples to choose from. the entire name discussion was bad enough as is, your comments about me wanting to call myself jhin were snooty and pointless, and i don't recall saying 'nothing straight.' like what does that even mean. how can a name be straight. i do, however, remember asking for no one to give me a name that sounds foreign for reasons i don't feel the need to argue, it's irrelevant.
You were always against dogpiling were you? Then why is it when I said that we should give eblu a chance to talk, you said sarcastically "yeah i want to listen to someone talk about why he hates an entire group of people." Also, the person who was told to quit trying to be a mod? That was me. (also note that wave was in response to eblu saying "gonna go stab myself," couldn't fit it on screen to cap)

I was wrong on my original post though, you said "nothing white, nothing fictional." If you push aside everyone giving you legitimate name suggestions or telling you to go to baby name sites, then ask for names that are "nothing white, nothing fictional" saying you prefer names like skonia that are pulled out of your ass (your words btw), its hard to read that and not make jokes.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

Pumpkinium wrote:there's also a subtle preference for trans girls in the whole server over trans boys

As someone who is a trans boy, I have spent 3 years laughing at this what does it even mean
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

@minty

i did know they were talking, and i told them they didn't have to. didn't really do anything. maybe they felt personally involved with the issues at hand beyond my involvement.

i was referring to being told that if my name sounds 'silly' then it will have effects on my life being the part where i was treated like a child, not the other stuff.

i don't know how to describe it, but i find it very suspect that 4 trans boys or similar left the server because they felt uncomfortable with everything that went on it.
EDIT: and honestly the more i think about it, the more i just felt like everyone were all like girls are perfect! uwu boys suck and it kinda got to me.

i understand some people don't mind usage of the term, but some people really do. it isn't watering down the meaning of a slur, similar to the q slur. just because people can reclaim it and attribute it to genuine, healthy concepts doesn't mean it stops being a slur. i'm asking to be wary of that because not everyone wants to see the word used.

@pinka

you didn't screencap the part after that where i said it was my mistake and that it didn't affect me/most transmen, which is mostly the reason i left the server right afterwards because everyone made it a point to be really passive aggressive and crappy about my wording and mistake instead of just being like 'oh no big deal, people make mistakes.' i've changed my mind on all genderbending being transphobic but i'm still incredibly wary about the concept because it's easy for it to be.. bad.

i feel like we're thinking about the wrong instances of eboy having a moment, but my memory is really bad and i don't have access to the server anymore, clearly. i will say yeah, these things are contrary to what i said, but i still remember specifically saying we shouldn't dogpile eboy and someone should talk to him about it in DMs instead of in the server, but i'm not sure if this was the same time i said that or a different time. what i said sarcastically is how i still think. i really don't want to hear about someone telling me about what they hate people like me, but if you're gonna try to talk to someone about it, you're gonna have to anyway. so what i said wasn't very progressive.

the name issue goes back to the issue of people wanting to make a joke out of literally anything instead of just being normal about it. not everything i say is supposed to be a joke. i'm just describing how things were done. the name skonia /was/ pulled out of my ass, i combined it with random letters from random words in random languages. that's the way i like to make names.
help me
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"i'm asking to be wary of that because not everyone wants to see the word used."

I've seen what happens when you have the power to control what other people say, I haven't forgotten that stunt you pulled with me in the CIRP so guess what Pumpkin, you're far from in any position to tell any of us how we should be using our words.

Yadda "We should learn how to talk to people who's views aren't the same as ours." Yadda.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

if you can't use my username or understand that 'uni' isn't an all encompassing name, i don't think i need to listen to you tell me about words. besides that 'stunt' as far as i remember was everyone being angry at you for being racist.
help me
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Pumpkinium wrote:you didn't screencap the part after that where i said it was my mistake and that it didn't affect me/most transmen, which is mostly the reason i left the server right afterwards because everyone made it a point to be really passive aggressive and crappy about my wording and mistake instead of just being like 'oh no big deal, people make mistakes.' i've changed my mind on all genderbending being transphobic but i'm still incredibly wary about the concept because it's easy for it to be.. bad.
I know you know that the word trap doesn't affect you NOW, but I was arguing against "i never said it applied to or affected me personally, and i'm mostly upset because it makes one of my friends that is/was in that server very uncomfortable and also spoke out about not liking it." While in the screenshot you very clearly did believe it affected you personally. Also afterwards, no one was passive aggressive to you. Sable explained that sometimes people use reverse trap to refer to dfab, and I continued looking up cute pics because that's what the bot command channel is for and I wanted to see cute boys.
Pumpkinium wrote:i feel like we're thinking about the wrong instances of eboy having a moment, but my memory is really bad and i don't have access to the server anymore, clearly. i will say yeah, these things are contrary to what i said, but i still remember specifically saying we shouldn't dogpile eboy and someone should talk to him about it in DMs instead of in the server, but i'm not sure if this was the same time i said that or a different time. what i said sarcastically is how i still think. i really don't want to hear about someone telling me about what they hate people like me, but if you're gonna try to talk to someone about it, you're gonna have to anyway. so what i said wasn't very progressive.
After eblu had already left the conversation, you proceeded to tell people to hit him up in DMs and tried to save face by acting like you were against dogpiling the whole time while mocking him for playing a game instead of staying under the dogpile. Link
Pumpkinium wrote:the name issue goes back to the issue of people wanting to make a joke out of literally anything instead of just being normal about it. not everything i say is supposed to be a joke. i'm just describing how things were done. the name skonia /was/ pulled out of my ass, i combined it with random letters from random words in random languages. that's the way i like to make names.
Everyone WAS being normal about it at first. People offered suggestions on where you could find names and gave advice on picking a name. You dismissed all of the legitimate advice, and when we started joking around you even joined in. (2, 3)
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

I corrected myself.

"Everyone was angry at you for being racist."

You, Ninja, and the wolf person throw me out after I say black lives matter is a load of crap.

"Racist"

Leave it to the person who said "Nothing white" to call me a racist.

Given your track record full of lying and manipulation, it's really hard to take you seriously, you know everyone has a hard time with it too, and hey, you even said it yourself once before that this whole thing is a lie. Don't you think it's about time to own up to it and drop the act?
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

i see what you mean, i say 'never' when that isn't true.

your link leads to a 404. i'm willing to admit i was being hypocrite, but there's still a pattern of dog piling from everyone in general.

i don't remember my wording, but i remember asking for people to suggest random words and/or names to me. people sending me to baby name sites and stuff wasn't what i was looking for. what i was looking for was just.. anything. stuff to shove together. i needed the interaction to help me come up with different ideas, which we did. we got into the weird poison sounding names which i liked. i was looking for a random word dump similar to what someone else gave me one time which led to me getting thursday's name.

@triert

because everyone but you thinks it isn't a load of crap, so we didn't feel like keeping someone like that around because it's intolerable.

it's not racist for me to say i don't want some boring american name as 'john smith', besides i insisted i also didn't want a name that belongs to foreign/anyone who isn't white for the exact intention of not wanting to take names and use them when they don't belong to me on a privilege level.

what act am i supposed to be dropping here. what am i lying about. what do you think i'm lying about? i'm trying to be as honest and constructive as i can, and given YOUR track record, you like to start fights. unless you can give me genuine reason to be trying to pull my leg, i don't feel necessary to respond to you anymore.
help me
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

That's fine then, I'm backing out.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Pumpkinium wrote:i don't remember my wording, but i remember asking for people to suggest random words and/or names to me. people sending me to baby name sites and stuff wasn't what i was looking for. what i was looking for was just.. anything. stuff to shove together. i needed the interaction to help me come up with different ideas, which we did. we got into the weird poison sounding names which i liked. i was looking for a random word dump similar to what someone else gave me one time which led to me getting thursday's name.
And you got that word dump, what's your problem with it?
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

just anyone trying to tell me a 'weird' name is going to have consequences. i know that but it's also crappy to point out because like, who cares. has anyone seen the post about the doctor named loki skylizard? it just feels rude to point out the drawbacks instead of the positives about it as if it's bad to have whatever kind of name you want. i'm not gonna namedrop because that's crappy, but i just remember a couple people being really snooty about it, it's just one of the things i notice in the list of microaggressions i've felt like i had in that whole server.
help me
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

People are saying that because there are going to be legitimate consequences for you changing your name. Those aren't "microaggressions" that's "people actually giving enough of a **** about you to be concerned for you and your future."

Also, you said your problem was people making a joke out of it, not people being concerned about you putting a weird name on.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

yes, i have many problems with it. i never said i was picking one problem. the way it was said to me was 'be normal, pick a normal name.' and not something that sounded like genuine concern. the difference is coming from a place of 'i dont approve' and not 'hey are you aware you might face consequences for having a non-ordinary name?'
help me
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

Here's my perspective of the word 'trap' since it's been brought up in this topic and how the incident about it in the server did upset me:

The word 'trap' whenever it's rarely used as a slur is always against trans women and other folks that are transfeminine. It never has and never will apply to trans men and other transmasculine people to the same degree as it does with those of the transfeminine-spectrum. From what I've gathered, the people (who were all AFAB) that had an issue with the word's usage in the server acted as though it applied to them to the same extent as it does transfeminine-spectrum people and were disrespectul towards the trans girls and transfeminine folks that were okay with its usage. The word trap is a transmisogynist concern and AFAB people even if they're trans men don't belong policing its usage against transfeminine opinion.

I'm a trans guy, and with transmisogyny being a bigger concern than any possible transphobia that may be specific to transmasculine-spectrum people, it is my ethical obligation to stay in my lane and so should you and everyone else that got upset over the word's usage if they're AFAB or cis guys. Just about every social justice circle on Tumblr is flooded by AFAB people that act like the authority of transmisogynist concerns or transgender concerns in general and it needs to stop; the slur incident in the server is a mini-manifestation of that.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Pump, if your problem was people making jokes, why did you join in instead of saying to stop?

If your problem is people saying to pick a more normal name, we're talking about a different conversation that I can't find using the search log, bc in that conversation no one said "pick a normal name."
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

sorry late response i went somewhere.

what vapor said is pretty clear and good and i'm sorry i put up as much fuss as i did. i mostly did it because of someone else's discomfort with the term and probably shouldn't have, but i can't really help it irks me to see. i'll just let it be.

no one straight up said to 'pick a normal name', but that is how i read what i did read. the specific thing i'm referring to in question is something minty said to which i responded something like 'yes thank you for your input' or something like that, i don't remember but it was a few sentences from minty.

i never explicitly stated that specific time i had /trouble/ with jokes. i was making jokes too during the name thing as you have proven with screenshots. you, in your earlier posts, referred to something i said about pulling my name out my ass that 'people could take as a joke' and i responded that it wasn't intended to be a joke. the issue with jokes i'm talking about is an issue as a whole of the entire server tending to make jokes in situations they shouldn't, which didn't happen in that specific instance, but i'm connecting it to the fact of them potentially 'taking what i said as a joke.' to being apart of the problem as a whole. not connecting it to the name discussion.
help me
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

These posts are everything that was said before we started throwing out names/jokes. None of that looks like "just pick a normal name" and moreso "hey, here's a good place to start for picking names."

Also I have no idea what you mean w/ this bit, maybe give an example or whatever
Pumpkinium wrote:i never explicitly stated that specific time i had /trouble/ with jokes. i was making jokes too during the name thing as you have proven with screenshots. you, in your earlier posts, referred to something i said about pulling my name out my ass that 'people could take as a joke' and i responded that it wasn't intended to be a joke. the issue with jokes i'm talking about is an issue as a whole of the entire server tending to make jokes in situations they shouldn't, which didn't happen in that specific instance, but i'm connecting it to the fact of them potentially 'taking what i said as a joke.' to being apart of the problem as a whole. not connecting it to the name discussion.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

it was in the middle of it, near the part where i was coming up with names that kinda sounded like poison.

example:
serious discussion about the interactions inside and out of the discord. "ci discord users dont interact" banner emerges as a joke over serious discussion.
compare:
not as serious but still needs some hint of seriousness to get anywhere discussion about throwing out names and such for me to think about and help me think. me stating a detail, using my own words, about my personal name is not a joke, but by what you're trying to tell me, 'people can take it as a joke.'

to reiterate what exactly is going on. i explain at some point that the name skonia is 'pulled out of my ass', and it was, pulling it out of my ass just means i threw stuff together and went oh! skonia. i state that's how i like my names because the end goal is to make up something that you can't quite find anywhere. i could combine the words shark snake vulture and get snarture and it doesn't sound like it's from anything, any language. my wording can be taken as a humorous but it's not a joke, so if anyone finds it as a joke then.. that's not my problem? but no one did in the first place. there were jokes sure but not blatant 'ok let's not take this seriously at all.', there were genuine responses for what i was looking for, a word dump.

this is starting to feel extremely irrelevant, though.
help me
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Oh, you're referring to this blurb of practical advice. Yeah, name yourself after fictional stuff and you probably will struggle to integrate. You introduce yourself to anyone as something like "Pikachu Skyrim" and they'll look at you like you're crazy. Your name is just as important to people as your dress and attitude. Even then, I don't how this is minty demanding that you be normal or pick a normal name.

i have no idea what you're trying to say with compare and below, because I still can't tell if you are ok w/ the jokes or not because people tried too hard or didn't take you seriously enough or whatever.

With the ci users do not interact banner tho, that's a joke related to the thread but doesn't take away from it. The banner doesn't take away from discussion. It's a joke that runs parallel to the thread.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

honestly i think you lost all right to complain about it being taken as a joke when you asked for advice for something extremely personal in the most active channel of the discord. not to mention that you rejected baby name websites and instead were asking for a word dump on the most popular part of the server. if it was in chao doctor or dark garden the situation would've evolved differently, but the fact that you posted it in the main channel, with no prior names chosen to show us your preferences, and with you reacting positively to names like "vermin", made it difficult for people to talk you seriously. not to mention that you didn't ask people to stop, at all.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog