i forgot, is 2018 going to be ten years since this forum has existed like this?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

i forgot, is 2018 going to be ten years since this forum has existed like this?

Post by Triert »

ten years of this forums layout and structure? thats amazing all considering if im not wrong

i really want to get some sort of chronology of major events since 2008, let's contribute
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: i forgot, is 2018 going to be ten years since this forum has existed like this?

Post by Triert »

nevermind, back to crawling
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: i forgot, is 2018 going to be ten years since this forum has existed like this?

Post by Coty »

You mean 10 years since the forum has started to grow an abundance of cobwebs?
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

pretty sure the cobwebs started around 2013

and then they never stopped

never ever

---

this version of the site, or at least usage of this domain for it(technically can't check that) is either 2008 or 2006 material.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

smash that mf tripod site button
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

I mean, 10 years with the some domain, sure, but a new layout rolled around in late 2013 and became the only option some time in 2015. Also, new boards have been added since 2008. Namely, the Pokemon, CI Contributions, Chao hacking, and Stories & Fanfic were all later additions.

I'm still waiting on the classic themes with the old banners intact to come back, buff soccer dad.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

For what its worth, the forum lists Mooncow's join date as being way back in 2005. Granted, there's no telling what form the forums took back then, and for all I know, its trivial for the admin to spoof their own join date.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

^ I know along time ago this whole site existed on a completely different domain... I wish I still had a link to the "hidden" sub forum (If it's still around) I remember the first posts were on it as it was the test forum, I remember they were old (mostly by fusion and mooncow iirc) but I don't remember how old.

EDIT: I found what I was looking for, forum 21: viewforum.php?f=21

Seeing as it's the 21st forum, and posts are from 2007, it's easy to assume that it is possible that it existed in 2005.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 pm For what its worth, the forum lists Mooncow's join date as being way back in 2005. Granted, there's no telling what form the forums took back then, and for all I know, its trivial for the admin to spoof their own join date.
If I recall correctly, Mooncow's join date is the default join date for PHPBB admins and doesn't reflect the forum's creation date. As for the threads on board 21, my guess is that they were written before the forums went fully public as a means to test its integration with the main site.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

The website opened in 2003, the forums opened in 2005. They closed for about a year in 2007 and re-opened in 2008 (resetting all posts and registrations).
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

speaking of which, is there an archive of the old forums somewhere? i'm intrigued to see what discussions were like during the first tenure of the CI forums.
web.archive.org has nothing before april 2006 and all old forum pages 404.
archive.is has no captures prior to june 2013.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I remember talking to people that said they were from 2005 back around 2010 when I hopped in the chatbox. Nearly my tenth birthday for this place. Never forget the times where this place had more traffic ; ;
lacey the chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: i'm adorable ♡

Post by lacey the chao »

yeah i guess i remembered this place and decided to get on around the 10 year mark, however i actually first joined CI in 2004, but it was a different forum at the time, before mooncow moved to this domain. but yeah, wow, this place is old lol
nostalgia brought me back because i was about 10 back in 2004, and i got some fond memories of this place.
entp & generally crude lol
:darkblah: