Merry Christmas!

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Merry Christmas!

Post by Ivogoji »

Merry Christmas Chao Island!

Tell us about your holiday and what you got for Christmas, or what you gave someone else for Christmas!
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I don't expect much from the day itself, but the Christmas festivities at the Rehabilitation Center for the Blind have given me one of the most enjoyable lead ups to the holiday in several years, quite possibly the most enjoyable since my mother's death nearly a decade ago(she had always been the driving force behind Christmas celebrations in my family).

Some highlights from my December:
Introducing at least one person to the Christmas music of Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Giving someone else a taste of Japanese Christmas music.
Slipping into the role of Santa Claus and being told I have the right look and sound for the role(though I never did think of a good way to temporarily turn my beard white).
Winning the student division of the center's door decorating contest.
Expanding my collection of Christmas Music with Christmas Albums by Bing Crosby, Burl Ives(voice of Sam the Snowman from the 1964 Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer stop motion tv special), Frank Sinatra, and Gene Autry, discovering some new favorites in the process(32 Feet and 8 Little Tails and the Night before Christmas in Texas among them).
The center staff bringing enough less traditional dishes to save the center's Christmas luncheon from being Thanksgiving II(I don't care for most of what is typically served at either holiday).
Giving a well recieved performance as Santa Claus in the center's talent show.

And for those interested, here's a transcript of the skit I wrote and performed for the talent show(I tried making a recording, but my portable media player kept giving me error messages when I tried to bring up the recording app):

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas!

I just flew in from the North Pole, and I swear North Carolina gets hotter every year.

I know global warming has even fewer people who believe in it than I do, but I can remember a time only a few short decades ago when I needed my entire fur-trimmed suit when I ventured in these parts this time of year.

Raleigh's a long ways off from South Town, USA, but sometimes I think people are trying to put my good, old friend Snow Miser out of business.

I mean, when I started the whole coal in the stockings of naughty, little boys and naughty, little girls thing, at least the stuff was useful for keeping you warm through the new year.

Ugh, I guess I'm just long overdue for thinking up a new practical, but boring gift for those on the naughty list.

But anyways, I'm sure yall didn't come heree to listen to jolly, ol' Saint Nick rant about how humanity's irresponsibility is ruining the planet and the holiday, but that does remind me of something.

*Sings White Christmas.*

*Let's audience applause quiet down.*

Thank you, thank you! Well, I need to get going, got things to do, lists to check, elves to supervise, and besides, parking for nine magical reindeer isn't cheap here in the city.

But anyways, Merry Christmas to All, and to all, a good night!

And while I was going more for humor than serious social critique with that skit, it was inspired in part by this being the warmest December I can remember and it feeling like its been more than a decade since we've actually had a white Christmas around here.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I got £300 for Christmas. I always get that from my mum every year since 2011 or so. It's a very nice gift and I never complain, but I do miss the surprise of presents when you'd wake up.

As for what I've done today, mostly been playing video games and watching anime. I went out of my way to finish Super Mario 64, Yakuza 3, Gravity Rush 2 and Metroid Prime 3 today just because, I accidentally timed myself to finish Little Witch Academia today as well. I did also spent time messing around with my computer and the internet because neither would turn on or do anything and letting them stay off for a while, which is where I read more of Gin to Kin.

I'll be finishing off Persona 3 and Houseki no Kuni as well before the day is out.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
BTC4
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by BTC4 »

Merry Christmas!
BIG THE CAT NUMBER 4
FUSION WAS A BABY CHAO MOD
:herosway: :herosway: :herosway: :herosway: