Call of Duty vs. Halo

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 13 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Call of Duty or Halo?

Call of Duty
29%
Halo
18%
Both
25%
Dont play these games
4%
Meh, donuts =).
25%

Total votes: 28

Blackburn
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo

Post by Blackburn »

Hey guys the newest modern warfare 2 trailer is out here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE and my picture is from modern warfare 2
All of the military code names :) Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliet Kilo Kima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

HALO 3 ODST and general halo
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Lt Waffles
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Lt Waffles »

i got halo 3 ODST. its pretty fun, even tho halo 3 is better ODST is still worth it. i meen doing the last level with my friend last saturday was pretty fun.
ImageImage
::YouTube Channel::|Lt Waffles in MKW laughs evily in the distance, exploded by a blue shell.
painterforever
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by painterforever »

Call of Duty is fun and there is something about it that makes the game play better. The action is fast and online is intense. I like Call of Duty but Halo is good. Although without Halo we wouldn't have CoD. Halo pretty much popularized first person shooters so I appreciate it.
Hello.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Although they are frequently compared, Halo and the Call of Duty series should not be compared, ever. Sure they're both first-person shooters, sure they're both considered great games, however:

Call of Duty is realistic and puts huge emphasis on reactions and good aim.

Halo, meanwhile, makes everyone a juggernaut of destruction who take a long time to go down. If you get shot first, you can still beat the other player. That doesn't typically happen in Call of Duty.

Personally I like Halo better, because I would prefer a slightly slower-paced game. But in terms of my favorite online shooter, Team Fortress 2 is waaaay at the top, followed by Left 4 Dead.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
RaeXaike
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by RaeXaike »

Call of Duty. Halo is just bad, "Hurr, I'm gonna sprint and jump around spraying full auto without even sighting my weapon for the same accuracy as crouched, carefully-aimed burst fire!" Oh, and no recoil? Fail.
Blackburn
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Blackburn »

WOW guys you like halo better??? wow bad pick cause there is a new mode like odst and gears of war its called specops its just like firefight and hored mode ya its awsome here is the link its like in the middle of the vid where he says all that stuff lol..
All of the military code names :) Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliet Kilo Kima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu
Blackburn
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Blackburn »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoBlZzSzx_A Thats the link i hope you guys switch over cause i promise you will get in to CoD if you try :)
Last edited by Blackburn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoConner
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by ChaoConner »

I should probably change my vote to Call of Duty now.

I got CoD: World at War a few weeks ago, and it is awesome! I especially love the campaign and nazi zombies. Gameplay is just great overall with all the different guns and add-ons. My personal favorite so far(I'm a rank 26) is the Thompson with the Appeture site and the Tokarev pistol.

I just stinks that my 360 got the Red Ring of Death 2 days ago. Can't fix it; gonna have to send it back and wait. My previous 360 did this and it took a liitle over a month to get another one. Looks like no 360 for me until christmas. :( :chaocry: :(
Come see my story: The W.O.R.L.D - The Wars Of Rouges, Light, and Darkness!

viewtopic.php?p=53800#53800

Current Chapter : #12 : Escape from the Dark World
chao-rookie-2700
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by chao-rookie-2700 »

I think there are actually equally the same except for one thing Nazi Zombies because Firefight sucks
Lt Waffles
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Lt Waffles »

RaeXaike wrote:Call of Duty. Halo is just bad, "Hurr, I'm gonna sprint and jump around spraying full auto without even sighting my weapon for the same accuracy as crouched, carefully-aimed burst fire!" Oh, and no recoil? Fail.
r u sure? im not gonna be some cheap ass and spray around the mg. im a sniper. and not the sniper u see everyday. i quick-scope. its stradgy, u aim without looking in ur scope and shoot rite in the head while jumping around so no one can try to kill u. then u can go on a huge killing spree. its very hard to learn how to quick-scope. took me bout a year to master it.
ImageImage
::YouTube Channel::|Lt Waffles in MKW laughs evily in the distance, exploded by a blue shell.
ChaoBreeder2440
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by ChaoBreeder2440 »

It depends on which Halo like Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, or Halo 3 ODST. I think Halo 3 is better because you can edit maps, make game variants, take screenshots, make films, drive vehicles, etc. But Halo 3 ODST is fun, but definitely not better. On ODST you only have Firefight and Campaign, you can't edit maps, you can't make game variants, and you don't have matchmaking, but you can still drive vehicles, take screenshots, and make films. Im too lazy too think of more reasons right now. But I will edit this post if I want to put more reasons.

EDIT: I honestly can't decide now, because Black Ops has added many things. I guess i'd have to say I like them both the same amount. They are both great games in my opinion and I have fun playing them both. If I had to choose between them I wouldn't be able to decide. :p
Last edited by ChaoBreeder2440 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackburn
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Blackburn »

I knew it CoD Blackops just killed halo reach CoD Blackops is number 1 game of all time just broke the record of buys COD WINS WOOOO!!!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

You do understand you have to count the Xbox sales only, as Halo is only on Xbox, even though, Halo is more balanced and easy to play game than Cod, there is barely any lag and it has GOOD servers.

Halo is still better than Cod.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Just because a game is frequently bought doesn't make it a better game. It's called being overrated. Besides, Black Ops is for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, and the DS. Of course it's going to get more buys given not everyone has a '360.
Honestly, COD and Halo shouldn't be compared. The only thing they have in common is that they are first-person shooters and are very popular. They're not even console exclusive. Halo Vs. Killzone would make more sense because they're both exclusive to their respective consoles and sci-fi first-person shooters.
Going on the topic, though, Halo wins.
I much prefer Halo's plot, considering it's much deeper and the campaign is longer. The multiplayer is much more varied due to the vehicles and armor abilities (Reach only). The only things I dislike about it, is that finding a match takes longer because you can't join a match mid-game and there's multiple types of each gameplay setting; when I choose Invasion, I want to play Invasion - not Invasion Deathmatch! Vehicles are fun since someone that knows their limits can wreck havoc but can easily be taken down if ganged up on.
COD, on the other hand, has no vehicles. I admit, it does beat Halo in Matchmaking as Team Deathmatch is actually Team Deathmatch, nothing more. I dislike COD's customization. Yes, it's fun to find a great class and mess people up with it, but it's incredibly unfair. New people get "Thumpers" while people of high rank get RPG-7's with the Danger Close perk. In Halo, skill matters. In COD, overpowered classes matter. Another thing, you can change the gameplay by dramatically changing your class, but the weapons don't serve their purpose. Seriously, you shouldn't be able to kill someone with an SMG from "sniping distance".
Too long; didn't read, I agree with Retrolinkx.

I probably contradicted myself somewhere in there. And it's funny that I'm saying this considering I don't have a '360. And another thing! I've never played Black Ops, this is based off my past experiences of COD.
VIEWING MY PROFILE, ARE YOU?
Nirvana
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Booty butt cheeks! booty booty butt cheeks!

Post by Nirvana »

Halo. I never really was a hardcore fan of CoD; it gets boring pretty fast, to be honest. Also, CoD is a tad too realistic for me. /: Unlike CTLC, I don't care about the storyline or the overratedness... I just don't like CoD's gameplay.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

One of my friends bought it. His exact words to me were: This is actually ****.
ChaoBreeder2440
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by ChaoBreeder2440 »

The campaign on Halo Reach was the best out of all the Halo games in my opinion, and it really hit me hard when this happened:

OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE

Of course, there are other emotional parts like when all of your team members die.

But MW2's campaign really changed my perspective on the CoD campaigns. MW2 had probably the best campaign in my opinion out of all CoD games. It had many great parts, especially when you find out Shepherd kills one of the main characters and Ghost. Though the ending made up for it.

The endings on both Reach and MW2 were probably my favorite parts about each of those games.

Now, between them, my two favorite games in the series(Well, almost, Halo 2 is my favorite Halo game, but that's just because it was my first Halo game and I played it A LOT. Halo Reach is my second favorite.), it'd have to be a tie.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

When it said OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE I Laughed and smiled, but not because I was happy, it was because it was amazing and shocking, it made me think that your final objective. Not given to you by anyone, you are the one that had issued it. You had to kill everyone, You had to escape, there was no other choice. It was beautiful. It hit me hard when Kat died, during that cut scene, it was totally unexpected, and a shocking moment.

Just like in MW2 when Ghost is shot and burnt it made hit me hard, as well as hearing price shout down the mic DON'T TRUST SHEPARD HE BETRAYED US!! It was a moment that really hit me as a big thing.

Both campaign's were brilliant.
naru13
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by naru13 »

whocares, as long as I can t bag
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

retrolinkx wrote:^

When it said OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE I Laughed and smiled, but not because I was happy, it was because it was amazing and shocking, it made me think that your final objective. Not given to you by anyone, you are the one that had issued it. You had to kill everyone, You had to escape, there was no other choice. It was beautiful. It hit me hard when Kat died, during that cut scene, it was totally unexpected, and a shocking moment.

Just like in MW2 when Ghost is shot and burnt it made hit me hard, as well as hearing price shout down the mic DON'T TRUST SHEPARD HE BETRAYED US!! It was a moment that really hit me as a big thing.

Both campaign's were brilliant.
I agree, but I prefer COD:MW2's just a teensy tiny bit more. I like the ending too.
Blazing Groudon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: ps no one never found clock man it was probably a hoax

Post by Blazing Groudon »

I'm getting Halo Reach for Christmas, and I already have black-ops on Wii. (Just for the record, I'm probably gonna play mostly forge.) And I like black-ops story. I found it unexpected when Reznov is about to kill Steiner and Weaver breaks throught the window and kills him. Although I have to say the online servers occasionally lag, and they often appear somewhat unstable. Hence I've already played CoD, and I'm about to start playing Halo, I won't vote until I've taken a good look at both of them.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

OH MY GOD no
Megaman.