Harvest Moon!

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yoshichao4
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Harvest Moon!

Post by Yoshichao4 »

I have A Wonderful Life, I really enjoy it a lot. Although I'm not good at taking care of the farm animals... (Except the horse, it's fun to take care of because you can ride it!) Any tips?
Special thanks to Chowchow for the avatar!
Image<- It's Pikablu!!! Thanks to Wright for the pokefusion!
Image Chao recolor made by chaos121.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

Well, you just have to brush them and feed them everyday (:
I think its harder to care for the animals in that game, but then again there's not a whole lot else to do and time passes slowly so in some ways its easier.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

^I never had a problem doing anything in that game except mixing seeds with that weird plant that I forget the name of.
Kausa wrote:^ *Snort* Full grown adults? XD I'm barely five feet tall.
Everyone thinks I'm still like 14...
Tall or not, I think our weight would probably break a sheep's back eventually! XD Though I'm 125-130 lbs, but I still imagine a sheep can't carry much. :P
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

^ PPFFFTT I GUESS.
>:( Then my sheep is undergoing some strength training so he can support me!
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

I was playing Animal Parade last night. Man, that game is sloooooooooooow. It's ridiculous. @_@ Oh well. Only a few more bells to go...

My favorite Harvest Moon game is Magical Melody. I really like the music and the villagers are cool (And they like wooden posts that are everywhere. WOOD!!!) and you don't have to go out of your way to complete the base story of the game. It's all fun and upbeat and it's low pressure. In the newer Harvest Moon games it seems that you really have to go out of your way and pay attention to complete the storyline, and I don't like that. It should be effortless and enjoyable. If I wanted a challenge I'd play an action game, not a farming game. XD
Vampires smell good.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

^ Totally agree! I really don't like the direction they've chosen for their games! D:<
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

@ Moonsoul:

XD I couldn't agree more.
I'm on the last bell on AP, and I finally gave up and decided I didn't care and would rather focus on marriage and my farm.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the whole bells thing was utterly annoying crap. :P I'm not even going to bother with the purple bell. I have no intentions in doing so. At least in the older ones, prior to ToT, the story was mostly "get married" and that's it.

Still, I like how in ToT and AP you can walk through your crops, so you're not hard pressed about how to plant them. It makes getting the most out of your field a lot easier.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

^ I think the story line for TOT and AP are the only things about them I really dislike, they are really good games otherwise IMO.

XC Seriously though? Rainbow recipes? We're baking rainbows now?

And I'm an antisocial loser, theres no way I can make 3 hearts with TEN FRICKEN PEOPLE.
Renaethecat
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Renaethecat »

Oh boy! I love these games, heheh.

My favorite game so far is Animal Parade. I like all the options that you have for marriage, and the fact that you can buy different clothing, but the bells got kind of tedious, yes. When I first started playing, I decided that I was going to marry the Wizard. I had a lot of trouble getting the green bell done, though, and barely managed to finish it before the end of the season. X(
I'm married to him now, though, and am in summer of the second year, with one child. But man, the game really got dull for me after that. Especially mining. I was hoping to fully complete my save file, but that probably won't happen for a while now, since my Wii broke and won't read any disks. Oh well! I tend to take really long breaks from the game anyways.

Magical Melody was also pretty good, but I got bored with it after a while. The style was adorable, too, but it made the animals look chubby. I actually prefer the more realistic style of A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life. :[
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by moonsoul »

Kausa wrote:XC Seriously though? Rainbow recipes? We're baking rainbows now?
Yeah. I think my favorite part of Tree of Tranquility was when I finished the rainbows. Not because I thought, "Wow! I achieved something great!" But I felt, "Thank goodness I'm finally done with this crap!" XD And besides, if I could really bake rainbows I'd eat them and doom the island for eternity.

I felt like in Tree of Tranquility they were starting to break the stereotypes the other Harvest Moon game stresses on people. So yeah, Toby is a fisherman and likes to fish, but that's not all to his personality. He's laid back and calm, and that's more stressed than his hobby. Julius looks like... well, uh, he's very... feminine, but there's more to him than just that. He's a traveler, bold, the game goes into his family life a bit more, it's interesting.

Then Animal Parade came along and it seems like they kind of went backwards again when it came to character development. Maybe it's because characters are much harder to befriend this time around, but it seems like they stress just one quality of a person more instead of fleshing them out like in ToT. So, I have no idea who to go after. Any suggestions? 8D
Vampires smell good.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

^ Toby. His children will have blue hair, that was the deciding factor for me. XD

In almost every other HM game that I was a girl in, I would marry Doctor.
I just love Doctor. Words do not describe my giant fangirl crush on him.
D: But then Jin came along and hes just...eh.
So I married Luke in TOT because he was easy, his bandanna was cool and I find him interesting.
And then in AP it had to be Toby, he was my second choice in TOT but his kids are so cute he wins. :3
Even if it was a bazillion times harder to marry him than Luke.
I actually had my wedding today. It was a really nice ceremony compared to the other games.
Chao518
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Chao518 »

I recently made it to the bottom of the second mine in Harvest moon DS.

and i got the milking room in A wonderful life.
Signature
ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

i like harvest moon ds cute but it gets boring sometimes i have 59 harvest sprites and im trying to get 1 more so i can marry skye ^_^

in a woneful life im terying to get married to nami
Chao518 wrote:I recently made it to the bottom of the second mine in Harvest moon DS.
^
i made it to the bottom in of the 2nd mine too except they said my "farm degree" title wasn't high enough so i couldn't get the legendary sword... >:P
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
Emmy16
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Emmy16 »

i have another wonderfuul life, and i'm addicted to it! but my game is a wierd one, it has alot of glitches and not all of the things that are supposed to be there are there. I'm guessing mine was a first release.
Bangarang
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

Emmy16 wrote:i have another wonderfuul life, and i'm addicted to it! but my game is a wierd one, it has alot of glitches and not all of the things that are supposed to be there are there. I'm guessing mine was a first release.
Really 0.o What types of stuff are there that aren't supposed to be there?
Platypus
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Platypus »

I love HM.
My favorites are:
-FoMT
-AWL
-HM3
-HM64
-HMDS
-AP

I hate how AP starts out so slow, but it gets a lot better after the first few days.
They need to put HM3 on the eShop.
Emmy16
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Emmy16 »

1)there is this flower that you can pick in the summertime but its in the middle of the forest and if you don't pick all of them the rest wont grow 2) some of the names of the years like the beginning, happy birthday, a new family, etc etc are missing. and it always says year 1 when you go to look at it on the memory card. 3) and some of the items are missing. i can't think of anymore besides glitches and typos.
Bangarang
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

That's odd. Well, I have the same problem with that flower though...the red one right? That always bugged me how I could never pick it. But the other would still re-grow after a couple of days even though I couldn't get the one in the trees.
Emmy16
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Emmy16 »

Yeah, the red one
Bangarang
ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

this is irrelevent to what your talking about but i found a glitch in HM: AWL. (i don't know if someone already found this out yet.)
so it was like sometime around 10:00pm and i went into the barn to bring my animals inside. I rang the bell and they all came in including my calf that was supposed to be in the calf hut thing. I realized that i forgot to feed it its milk, so i got it out and showed it to my calf. Then it ran through the barn wall, and my guy was stuck! the game didn't freeze...my guy did! so i waited until 12 am so the calander would flip, and maybe then my guy would unfreeze. so i waited and then it became 11:59 pm. i waited and waited and guess what? the time froze too! and i was still stuck! so i had to restart from winter 10th and i was on spring 3rd. :chaocry:
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

Wow! That's insane! D:
Harvest moon games tend to have lots of glitches...I've learned the hard way to save every day ._.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

That glitch is nuts. I couldn't help but to laugh at the "ran through the wall part". XD

I've never experienced any glitches except for in Magic Melody where you'd see the tile that had the stairs pop up. It was quite helpful.
-Henri Poincare

ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

Blasphemy wrote:I've never experienced any glitches except for in Magic Melody where you'd see the tile that had the stairs pop up. It was quite helpful.
ive never seen that glitch...how does it work???? :thinking: :thinking:
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by moonsoul »

I know the stairs glitch! When you're in the mine and you're trying to get lower, you can tell which tile the stairs going down are at because the outline of the square will flicker a little bit. Very useful for when you're trying to get to the very bottom.

As for AWL glitches, this is a favorite of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawldv9F8hc
If my cow did that, I would be :cry:
Vampires smell good.