Harvest Moon!

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Harvest Moon!

Post by Endless-sky »

I figure there has to be some harvest moon fans here since chao is pretty much a breeding/constructing game. :sway:

What is your favorite game?: Magical melody was definitely the best in my opinion. The graphics could use some work, but for the most part it was very fun to play.

Something you dislike?: I love this game, but I loathe the way they are taking things...It seems like they're focusing more on the graphics than the game-play, which is bad because I don't like waiting 3 minutes every time I want to change locations ._. The newer versions just aren't as good as the older ones.

Something creepy you found?: In A wonderful life, you can "milk" the bulls ._. and they show a heart sign. I found this by accident, because they always stand so close together.

Something funny?: Dan's voice. Oh god, it scared me so bad.

Discuss anything harvest moon here!
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Harvest Moon!

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Harvest Moon! :D

My favorite I think would be Grand Bazaar. All the characters look very nice and it's really fun.
I dislike how there's only two or three game files. D:
Creepy? That one secret on More Friends Of Mineral Town where you look at the clock a lot during a storm or at night and the Kappa appears in the mirror.
And funny... Once I was watching my sister play Magical Melody and she had some chicken feed in her rucksack and came across Dan. So she gives him the chicken feed and before she said "I'm gonna laugh if he likes this." and he did... ._.

I was actually just playing More Friends Of Mineral Town. Almost the fall horse race and I can finally race my horse. 8)
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

Oh I've never played that one, but it sounds fun :D
The horse races are the best!
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Have you played regular Friends Of Mineral Town?
Yeah and I've got plenty of money so I can bet a bunch on him.
ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

my faveroite harvest moon is: harvest moon 64...yes the original for the nintendo 64 i like this one because
1) you actually have stuff happen with the girls like wen they sprain their ankles and you carry them home and wen they get sick you visit them.
2) you can get a green house
3) you tools upgrade themselves
4) you can get other people married and they can have kids
something i dislike: the time goes by waaaaaayyyyy toooooooo fast! >:( also in magical melody i think that the girl looks and sounds too childish and stupid!n(no offense to the people who like her.)
something creepy: in harvest moon 64 not the usual invisible baby trick so i was showing my baby to everyone in the game and i went to the godess spring and i saw the bluemist flower bloomed and no on was there...so i exited and came back the popuri was there and instead of the camera guy it was my baby who came and said "OH THE EMERALD BUTTERFLY!!!!!" the picture next to the text box was of the guy though not my baby. anyways he took the picture and left. after that my baby was at home.
something funny: in harvest moon 64 after ann gets married to cliff you can marry her,but it has to be before she gets pregnant with cliffs child. and cliff will still think hes married to ann!
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

My favourite is Harvest Moon DS... Even though its the only Harvest Moon game Ive played. XD
help me
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

@BriannaBreeder: I used to play, but kinda got bored of it :/ I didn't like the way time passes by so quickly. I just kind of stick to the gamecube versions XP
wolfclan14
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by wolfclan14 »

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
Today I offer all myself to this, I'm living for my dying wish! I give it all! This is the reason why I sing!
ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

meh.....harvest moon itsa wonerful life is fun in the begginning but get sooooooo boring until your kid is born cause your kid is sooo cute! ^_^ harvest moon ds is fun too but it gests kindas borin'
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Aren't there only three Gamecube ones?

And I agree, A Wonderful Life and DS get kinda boring. It takes far too long to get married in DS. A Wonderful Life doesn't have all that much to do. But it does have cool things like seed combinations. Crops that glow and make noise. :o
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

I love Harvest moon~
I've been playing a lot lately.

What is your favorite game?: XD Can't pick, I love so many of them.

Something you dislike?: >:( People are sterile after the first kid or something. I want more than one!
Thats what I really like about AP, you can have two kids.

Something creepy you found?: XD I gotta agree that milking the bull in AWL was the creepiest thing ever.

Something funny?: In FOMT if you become friends with the priest or the shipping guy, they'll speak other languages. XD The shipping guy speaks in Japanese for like a paragraph, looks sad, and ends it in your name. The priest says something in German.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I've only ever played Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands, and it was one of the most addictive games I've ever owned. I loved it.

I made Lanna my wife on it.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Harvest Moon! I love those games. :3

What is your favorite game?: Animal Parade as of now. The kiddies are adorable and the animal choices are nice as well. A close second for me is Another Wonderful Life.

Something you dislike?: That whole bells crap of a storyline in Animal Parade. Seriously. That and the rainbows in Tree of Tranquility. How fast time went by in Tree of Tranquility was an annoyance as well.

Something creepy you found?: Nothing I can think of a-WAIT! In Animal Parade you can "rub" the villagers with an extra wiimote to get more hearts faster. Yeah, rubbing the villagers with hearts...That sounds so bad in so many ways, and my mind keeps settling on the dirtiest translation of it. >_<

Something funny?: The fact that you can ride your sheep around. That always struck me as funny, just imaging someone riding around on their sheep.

I wish in Animal Parade and later games they would give you a few options to customize your own characters. A few hair, hair color, eye, eye color, mouth shape, and skin tone options wouldn't be bad or hard to program in. I think it would be cool. Then again, I'm a sucker for character customization.

Also, did you guys hear of the new one that's coming out in September for the DS? It's called, "Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns". It's really interesting this time around. Two notable features are the ability to pick between two towns; one that is Japanese styled and is best for growing crops and one that is European styled and is best for ranching. You can still do both activities as you please, they're just the specialties of each farm. The second feature is...wait for it...You get to ride...LLAMAS!!! :D Sorry, I love llamas, so I'm obviously happy with this. XD The male and female protagonists both look pretty cute too!

You can find more info about the game here. Or you can just type the name of the game in google too.

Someone should make a Harvest Moon usergroup!
Last edited by Blasphemy on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

^ Actually there was one, but it died. The Tale Of Two Towns does sound pretty cool too bad it's coming out in September. >:(

Oh, Kausa, that language thing happened to me with Gray. I just talked to him one day and I saw a bunch of Japanese text and I'm just like "0_0 Ummm. Yeah, okay, bye." There are a bunch of mess ups and they're all pretty fun to find. I like this one a lot.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

^I haven't encountered the language things yet. I would have laughed pretty hard if I did. XD And about the old usergroup...that's too bad...The same thing happened at the Namco Tales of forums because there weren't that many HM fans there. My gf likes the HM games too. She's the one who introduced me to the series with A Wonderful Life. :3
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

@Blasphemy: Forget sheep, you can ride cows!! XD I only find this hilarious because my best friend was in class, and she had a cow shaped backpack, and her teacher picks it up and says, "Oh, cows are great. You can milk them and even ride them to school!"

@Brianna: The Harvest moon series is notorious for having translation errors and things like that. I love finding them. XD
In grand bazaar, the mayor is suposta say, "Getting closer!" instead he says, "Getting closlr!" or something like that.
I'm kinda sad their doing such a nice job of not having these problems in the new ones. D:

X3 Two towns sounds fun, I guess i'll be using both save files.
Best part? Not for the 3DS!
Blur
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Up My Sleeve

Post by Blur »

I am rich in Magical Melody And A Wonder Life. I could buy anything due to my seed maker. Magical Melody was my favorite IMO.
GOLF WANG.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

Oh! I also loved the cheat in AWL where you press the z button and you get tons of stuffs. I once sold all of the tools i got from that and was amazingly rich! But I hated that I could never get van to sell me more stuff. It was always just the bodigyzers.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

^Ah...those cheats...I used to spam the get loads of money one since I have an extra controller. X3

@Kausa: Oh wow. I wish I was there to compress my giggles about it. XD I'd sooner imagine someone riding a cow than a sheep because a cow is much larger than any sheep. Imagine one of us, fully grown adults on it. We'd break the poor thing's back! XD And yes, it's not on the 3DS! X3 I'm happy camper because of that.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Henri Poincare

Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

^ *Snort* Full grown adults? XD I'm barely five feet tall.
Everyone thinks I'm still like 14...
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I have only played the SNES Original and the first Gameboy Color entry.
pickachu553
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao

Post by pickachu553 »

^You should definitely invest in some of the later ones if you can. And, if possible, 64 is considered to be the best in the series.

I'm a fan. More of a Rune Factory fan, but, nonetheless, I really liked the older Harvest Moons. Sadly, I've never tried the later games.
2535tmoney
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by 2535tmoney »

My brother really likes a wonderful life.
hoo boi im so gay like really gay
Credit to ChaoX-Girl for my avatar.
ciao chao
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by ciao chao »

i love my kid on a wonerful life!!! i got married to celia and my kid is so anxious about my animals! i showed him an egg and he got really excited he was like" weeeeee!!....i like dat! is a chickie gonna come out of the eggie?! I wanna see a chickie being born! aminals aw soo cute! i wove aminals!!" i think that its cute how he mixes up the m and n in animal he is soooo cuute!
Once a Marine,
Always a Marine.
Semper Fidelis.
Endless-sky
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Endless-sky »

^ lol, the kids are so weird in AWL, they get excited about everything! And yes, you can have chickens come from the eggs. They're really adorable too :3 You just have to put an egg in your bird house in the incubator.