The New Animal Crossing Discussion (Catch-all AC Stuff)

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

The New Animal Crossing Discussion (Catch-all AC Stuff)

Post by PinkIceFox »

I do not enjoy trudging up old topics that are nearly a year old (especially since the other is all the way back on page 10 so discussion has completely died), so I'm making a brand new shiny clean one. ;) Hope y'all don't mind. ♥

Alright! I decided to put this in its own topic since the other is simply about favorite villagers. This topic shall be for any form of discussion on the many Animal Crossing games (and the movie, if you guys have seen it). I'd like to start discussion on Animal Crossing: Jump Out; the assumed title of the new game coming out for the 3DS

If you're a fan of the series, you likely know that the 3DS game was announced around the same time Kid Icarus: Uprising was. However, we have yet to see too much information released publicly about it outside the occasional videos. The US hasn't even received their release date yet! D: However, in Japan it shall be released in fall of this year, and for Europe the first half of next year. I like to hope we'll get it around Christmas or New Years, but its best we don't get our hopes up!

Here's a wiki page that has some nifty information about the newest game in the Animal Crossing Series: http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_3DS

Some of what I know so far about Animal Crossing: Jump Out: (Note, much more is in the link above!)

-You will be the mayor of the village (whether this means there will be 4 mayors for multiple players, or if the game will have a 'only one player' system is still up for debate)
-Shirts, Dresses, Pants, Skirts, and Shoes are all customizable. (Kicks the skunk even sells shoes now!)
-You will be able to design aspects of your furniture, as well as the outside of your house itself! Finally we all wont have the same house with a different color roof!
-You will be able to hang some furniture on walls.
-There is an unnamed Alpaca selling items.
-Tom Nook is now in the real estate business.
-As mayor, you will have an assitant that is a yellow dog.
-The train, as well as Porter the Monkey, have returned!

Animal Crossing is a series that's very dear to me. When I first read of the Game Cube game in Nintendo Power I was hooked. I spent my whole summer staying up until 3 in the morning every night reading the same few issues to memorize all the information I could. The game sounded so exciting! I filled notebooks with designs for clothes, hats, and umbrellas. When it was finally released, I got all the money I had saved up and ran to the nearest store to buy my copy of the game and the strategy guide. Up until I heard news of this 3DS game, the series has yet to rekindle that feeling of pure imagination and anticipation within me. Just thinking about how excited I am for this game to come out makes me feel like I'm only 12 or so years old again. I can't wait to see what the new game has in store for us! D: I just wish Nintendo would put it in my eager little hands already!!!

Now then, this is the latest video I have found on the series. It has a convenient verbal translation of what is being said!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09p7k7JdLU
Last edited by PinkIceFox on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Rika_of_Thunder
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: The New Animal Crossing Discussion

Post by Rika_of_Thunder »

Ah, I've been super excited for this!! I'm really hoping I can get the deer villager in my town, they look so cute~! ;u;
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I saw that character and I was like "HOLY SNAP NEW ANIMAL."

I wonder if there'll be other new animals.

I really like all the customization options we're going to have. Back when I got wild world I was a little disappointed because it didn't give me the same fun feeling that the first game had, but this one's got me soooo excited. xD
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I honestly hope 3DS beats the GameCube version. Population: Growing is my favorite, followed by Wild World, followed by City Folk. I really want 3DS to beat the GC, or at least on of the other versions. It look so fun!
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I never played City Folk, mainly because I didn't have the money when it came out and I never got the desire to play it after I found out about the system that causes your grass to die completely unless you make everything flowers and trees. |: Sounds like a terrible idea in the first place.

Though I sooooo want that city. I was amazed by it.

So why'd you like Wild World more than City Folk? Did they take some stuff out of CF that you liked in WW?
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I'm hoping for a decent, new soundtrack similar to Population Growing's quality. The last two installments were either too generic or lazy in that regard, not sure which.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I agree. The soundtrack in Wild World was definitely nowhere near as wonderful as Population Growing's soundtrack. And I heard City Folk's was not all that different.

But if the music in game is anything like what's played in the videos I've seen I think the music's going to be much better this time around!
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I loved all 3 soundtracks. They're all so soothing <3. I have absolutely no problem with any of the music, and I hope they do what they want with it, and hopefully it's just as soothing :).
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Wild World's soundtrack feels sooooo generic though. It has none of the character Population Growing had.

ONE O'CLOCK PM IS CAT HOUR.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

You know what would be cool for AC3D? If they gave you the option to migrate over your save file from Wild World.

You take two DSes, at least one a 3DS.
Select "Move from old villiage when you start a new game in AC3D".
Select Download play on the DS with Wild World, and it downloads a "Moving out" program from AC3D.
Choose one character from Wild World who will move to AC3D.
Poof, the character, along with all their items, money, accounts, records, shopping catelog, etc. get moved to AC3D.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

^It would be cool if you could do that with City Folk too.
TBH, I hate the new height of the characters. I mean, it's just, no..
Last edited by Kyo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siggy-sig
siggy
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

^IKR. I wish you could move your entire save file from WW into your City Folk game, instead of just your character(s) :P That's what I had thought when I first played City Folk...

Anyhow, this new Animal Crossing looks interesting. It's cool that all players are finally able to customize their shorts/skirts and can change their shoes to anything they want, rather than relying on Kicks to shine them. And wall/custom furniture sounds nice.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

Wasn't a big fan of the new size, but I'll get over it. Oh well. As long as we get Animal Crossing I don't care :).
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Looks fabulous, but I agree about the height thing. I think that the good will outnumber the bad with this one. I want to play it.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I don't see anything wrong with the new character height. I was excited the moment I saw it! If they hadn't changed it, it would have been more difficult to properly design skirts, pants, and shoes and make them look good because the area of design is so small.

I quite like the new look! It makes me feel like I'm playing as a young adult rather than a young child.

Plus since the human's size has been altered the animals have varying sizes too! The mice will be smaller than our player, squirrels will also likely be smaller. We know the tall bears will be taller, and likely the elephants, rhinos, and hippos too!

If anything this height change will have lead to many wonderful aesthetic changes to make everything look different. I was always kind of disappointed that the animals all had the same heights, give or take a few inches or so.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

I too like the aesthetic changes. I'm pleased Nintendo is actually moving forward with the series instead of just pandering to nostalgia and keeping the status quo like with the past two games, adding minimal new features. I've been waiting for something significantly different since I was 9. I'm 19 now.
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

So, guys, what all do you want to see added or brought back to the series in the new game? And what do you want to see removed?

(As a reminder, I've never played City Folk, so I don't know much about what's in that game. I just know of what I've read.)

Things I want to see added:
-More Hair Colors like purple! D:
-More fruits, maybe even berry bushes.
-More flowers.
-More diverse character personalities and dialogue (which I heard may be added into the new game. So eeeee excitements.)
-I'd like the option to choose my character's face myself.
-An option to have all the holidays. I find it extremely unfair other regions of the world get holidays I don't. I don't have wifi, let alone online friends all over the world to see those holidays and their special items.
-Less weeds popping up all over the place. Or at least a way to deal with them if you have too many. I hate the weeds.
-A garden area you can put flowers in where you don't have to worry about them dying if you miss a day.

Things I want to see brought back:
-The dump. Every day, two items would appear here. Unlike the recycle bin in WW, which I never noticed new items popping in. Every morning I would run by and see what items were there.
-The Police station. Copper and Booker were so much cuter in police uniforms than those crappy guard uniforms. I'm excited that this could be a likely possibility seeing as the train has returned! The lost and found was much more convenient when I could just walk inside and see if there was anything new. Plus, it looked like there was room for much more stuff in the police office instead of Booker's inventory. I talked to Copper every day in Population Growing. He's my favorite character. Once he became the generic "Talk to me to do wifi" character, I stopped talking to him. ): I miss talking to the puppy man. He was so much cuter when he was a little police officer. Now he doesn't do much of anything.
-Put back every single character that was taken out. Every villager deserves another chance to make friends!
-The sports balls that used to randomly show up around town. I used to have a blast trying to kick that thing all around town.
-I want Katrina to be a random visitor again. I thought it was stupid when I heard she had a shop in City Folk.
-Villager Pictures. I heard they weren't in City Folk. With how crappy villager conversations have become, pictures were the only thing worth making friends with them about.
-Everything that was in the Japanese only versions of the games.
-I want Gulliver to be a sailor again. That space traveler look he has is so stupid.
-I want the house from Wild Wold back. I don't want to share it, but I want the house back. Having 3 extra rooms downstairs and the second floor sounds awesome. Stick a basement on that and I will love everything.

Things I want to see removed:
-Grass Deterioration. This is why I never bought City Folk. When I heard I would either have to lose all my grass or not move around my town too much, I was pretty blahed out.
-The slingshot. I hate the slingshot and I hate shooting balloons down. Why can't they land in trees like they used to.
-Forged paintings. Getting all the paintings is hard enough, but with Redd selling fakes I'm going nuts... at the very least they could give Redd a tell that he's trying to sell you a fake.
-That shooting star. Its so pointless. 10 times out of 10 I miss it because I'm fishing/bug hunting. Its like you have to be lucky enough to not be carrying a tool to get anything from Wishy the Star. Luck is not a game feature unless its on a lottery type game.
-I hate the globe-y look the world has in Wild World and City Folk. It looks terrible. I don't want to see the map curving down ahead of me. The world does not worth that way! |:
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

I'd like to be a way to place hats and accessories on my Mii head, rather than revert to your normal face to wear them.
FrozenSpark34
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by FrozenSpark34 »

I really wish that in AC:JO the town map could track where every villager is. I remember in ACWW hating to track down people to give them presents/mail from other villagers, though I could understand since the map might have been too small to fit every person.
{Coldest of Shining Lightning}
Miniature Disasters~
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Oh, That'd be nice! At the very least, if putting names to mark who's where is too difficult, they could have little dots on the map symbolizing where a person is, so you could go hunt down the dots at least!
Shadic222
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Shadic222 »

^ They could also probably color code each dot for each person. Then That would be perfect
Feeling Powerful Yet? Image
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

It should be an active map so that we can see the general direction villagers are moving as they move. Some villagers insist on constantly meandering, after all.
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Heck, once I talked to a villager and then made my way over to the museum and they were suddenly right there! They don't just meander, they teleport! xD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Never played City Folk or Animal Forest for the N64, so this is based only the Gamecube version and Wild World.

Return:
-Every single piece of furniture, flooring, wallpaper, fossil, gyroid, bug, fish, painting, etc. from every previous installment of the series, and then some.
-Being able to the upgrade the house to the maximum size from Wild World.
-Every Holiday from every previous installment of the series.
-Rounding up the spirits for Wisp to get the Town cleared of weeds.
-Each player having their own house(If they continue the multiple players per town mechanic).

Add
-Can eventually upgrade the house to 4 Stories plus a basement, each totaling 32*32, and being able to divide the space into rooms anyway you see fit.
-The option to remove sections of floor to have rooms that span multiple floors.
-The top floor can either be enclosed, be an exposed root top room, or any combination of the two.
-For example, Imagine entering the house's front doors to a 16*16 foyer that is two-stories tall. a 2-square wide balcony stretches along the backwall, and 2-square wide staircases hug the side ways connecting floor to balcony. To either side the first floor are doors leading to 2-wide*32-long hallways that stretch the entire front-to-back length of the house, giving access to various rooms in the wings of the first floor. At the end of the hallways is are elevators that grant access to the similiar hallways on the second and third floors as well as the basement and roof. Behind the Foyer is a 16*16 ballroom that is two-stories high and has a 2-wide balcony all the way around. On the roof, their is a four-wide perimeter consisting of enclosed attic space, but the middle 24*24 area is taken up by a rooftop garden perfect for holding a garden party.
-To go with the ability of creating huge multi-story rooms, there should be new furniture-like stuff to fill some of those spaces.
--Some ideas:
--For the above Foyer idea, several different fountains(perhaps modular) with a 4*4 footprint to go in the middle.
--Some new, large scale fossils, with multi-part fossils merging their bases when set next to each other.
--New paintings based on some famous murals.
--A new theme park series that includes parts of things like a large merry-go-round or even a custom in-door rollercoaster.
-Tons of new items in addition to all the old:
--At lesat a 1000 new peices of furniture.
--At least double the number of items for Museum completion
---Expand the painting and fossil sections to entire wings with multiple time periods.
---Add sculpture, pottery, and modern art to the Museum's art wing.
---Add prehistoric man and numerous non-dinosaur extinct animals to the fossil wing.
--More than a 100 new wallpaper and floor options.
--More props from other Nintendo Franchises
---We already have an Arwing from Star Fox, how about a Wolfen or Landmaster? How about a Great Fox model that has a 4*8 footprint?
---Every trophy from the Smash Brothers series can be displayed in one's house.
--The Ocarina of Time, along with other musical instruments should be added as new tools.

Removed:
-Cannot think of anything.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

^Animal Crossing is almost an exact port of Animal Forest, so I don't think you should consider it a game that you "never" played (Only major difference is that the Able Sisters is not in Animal Forest).
Siggy-sig
siggy