Dishonored (October 9th 2012)

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: Dishonored (October 9th 2012)

Post by Corvo »

Just DLC.

You get to play as Daud who is attempting to make up for what he's done.

You also get to assassinate the Empress.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Sounds awesome. Whenever I press DLC in my game, nothing ever happens. Am I supposed to download DLC first and throw it in somewhere? How does that work :o
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

It's not out yet.

Next Tuesday is when it's released.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

So this is the first DLC they are releasing so far o:?
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Okay so like I like this topic only cause the date in the topic title is my dad's birthday

c:
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

So that's seriously your reason to post in this topic only, what was the point of that :/ There are probably like 20 topics made on this date.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Yes, it was my only point, Tobi.

Anyway now I'm outta here.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I don't think I've seen a worse reason to post in a topic ever...

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/46393/vg-ca ... -the-minds So I really loved this comic XD
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

Yo so I bought this game today literally on a whim because I tend to like games that Bethesda has a hand in, regardless of the issues they may have. I just sort of assumed that there would be radical, in-depth character creation (like I said, whim purchase, no research done.) and I was a little disappointed that there isn't any! That being said, I'm really liking it so far. I'm horrible at sneaking, so unless I can get that under control, my chaos is gonna be through the roof. I'm super excited to play through this though!!
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Yeah, well, I believe this was actually an indie game? It at least wasn't made by very popular game developers, and for that, it's still a very good game.

I sucked at sneaking too. At some points it was alright, like in the building I managed to do fine, but I figured out you can basically state-save the **** out of it... Even though sneaking is like, impossible without being able to blink e.e
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

It was developed by Arcane, which made Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis. I believe those both have character customization, but I haven't tried them in a long time. But they were rather obscure hits.

And there's also another DLC, Dunwall City Trials, but I would recommend against getting it. It's obnoxious and tries to be difficult by making everything luck based and random.

Knife of Dunwall should be cool, though.

I'd always reccommend upgrading Blink first, then getting the more specialized powers. Dark Vision makes things overly easy, and should only really be used during the first run.

If you suck at sneaking, one of the upgrades you can find is boot stealth, which makes you harder to hear.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I had two runs. The first run where I tried to be sneaky and ended up having to kill everyone all the time or knock them out because I suck, and the second run where I barely killed anyone.

On the first run I pretty much assassinated every target because that's just my style. I got many of the upgrades that seemed sufficient for killing without creating attention towards me, like shadow kill. At the end, I pretty much went around the corner, saw the guy grab the poor little girl's arm, and I was like "Oh no you didn't." and headshot him with one shot. It was beautiful.

On the second run, I tried to knock all my targets out instead, or got rid of them in ways I didn't have to kill them for. I pretty much state saved all the time, and eventually noticed I lacked skills I actually needed to be just sneaky. With which I mean, I had way too many runes with nothing to spend them on...
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I got knife of dunwall, but my game freezes past the first mission... I actually am too tired of sneaking around and stuff and being noticed, so I'm just going to sneak AND kill everyone that stands in my way c:

I tried the trails as well, and got frustrated at the first one, because I kept getting noticed at the end before even either spotting my target or trying to get to my target. What are you even supposed to do if 2 people are standing next to each other, and one of them is your target, and you have to go unnoticed????
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

Brigmore Witches was revealed today. August 13th. $9.99

DEMON DOGS CONFIRMED
PARTIALLY SWAMPED HOUSE CONFIRMED
WITCHES CONFIRMED
MAGICAL WHALE TRAWLER CONFIRMED
GUYS WEARING HATS CONFIRMED
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Sounds awesome :3 Hopefully pirating this one doesn't crash half-way- i mean what
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

The final DLC is out today.

It's fun. All the levels are new (though the first is Coldridge Prison with a massive upgrade). Lots of new characters, missions, sidequests, and some of the most overpowered magical stuff in the game.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Oh, it's out now? Two or three days ago, I actually finished the last mission of the Knife of Dunwall, since I couldn't play it before, because it kept crashing. I found a way around it though, and I spared Billy. I saw a LP of someone who had to fight her, probably because he murdered everyone, while I tried to keep kills to a minimum.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I just finished Brigmore Witches. I ended up neutralizing Delilah, having an overall low chaos level and Corvo didn't murder me at the end. I must say I LOVED the pull power, even though I rarely used it... I couldn't really find suitable moments to use it, but it was pretty cool to use against people. Didn't really do that either without loading a state save because I wanted to not kill that much though. The lady in the sewers did trick me, and I did gas everyone, so I kinda did end up murdering 23 people in that mission.