Virtual Reality Gaming

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Virtual Reality Gaming

Post by Gondi »

I think we can all agree here that Virtual Reality Gaming is something that we desperately want. The ability to actually be inside a game world rather than just looking at a screen. It is a little depressing to see that the closest we have to Virtual Reality right now is this thing called the oculus rift, with it having a HMD it isn't true virtual reality.(I'm not saying that the thing itself is bad, it's actually pretty amazing with the FOV it has)
The type of Virtual Reality that I want is the type that lets your actual conscience go into the game. When inside the game you can control yourself like you would your real body. If any of you have seen the anime Sword Art Online, what I'm thinking of is along those lines;minus the whole actually dying when you die in the game thing. This does sound a little too sci-fi, but don't forget that remote control cars were also sci-fi in the 60s.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Virtual Reality Gaming

Post by SkyGinge »

I'd always thought that eventualy VR Gaming would be done via some kind of helmet which puts you into the world via your brain and thoughts and stuff. Though I have no idea how they'd make it, it would be a pretty awesome thing to have.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY

We're not that far off, it's just expensive to actually have something like VR.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Nintendo/ Microsoft need more time and money to make it happen, and with technology getting better quickly it'll probably be a big want soon.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

I really doubt it will be Microsoft or Nintendo. I think it'll be a company currently studying Neurotechnology.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Uploading my consciousness would be a great way for disabled people like myself and others to more easily enjoy games. Perhaps someday.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Just imagine being inside games such as CoD, running around and actually seeing the bullets fly past you. Or actually having another family with Sims. Perhaps even feeling the speed and stuff in a Formula 1 game would be a great idea too. Ah, it'd be so great!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

I would want a massive open world game to be used for Virtual Reality like the Elder Scrolls or an MMORPG. Just imagine looking at a massive world with your eyes and being able to go anywhere you can see.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

The sooner the oasis becomes a reality, the sooner I'm locking myself in a UV lit gray room that serves tray food from a slot.

You guys should really read Ready Player one. Anybody who appreciates any 70's and 80's pop culture, and virtual reality Sci-Fi will love it.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I've seen enough sci-fi to know were this is going! :stomp:

In all actuality, I't'd pretty cool, To jump into a game like mine craft or even better, and control the world like a lucid dream...

but I have really seen to much sci-fi to trust true VR...
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Gondi wrote:I really doubt it will be Microsoft or Nintendo. I think it'll be a company currently studying Neurotechnology.
sounds about right
i remember there was this one thing
made by a bunch of college students and maybe professors
which was like an mmo but with a kinect sensor that isn't the most terrible thing in the world
and this was back in 2005 and that was impressive
graphics weren't particularly any good tho, and eventually the project fell through, i think
died in utero etc.
eboy's seme
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

At risk of a stupendously hilarious bump, I was able to try a development version of the Oculus Rift. One of the demos was a UDK Roller Coaster simulator. Despite the simplistic graphics in the demo (not a fault of the Oculus Rift), my sense of balance was totally ****** over and the sense of depth was extremely realistic. My head swam as the roller coaster went down a massive slope at high speed and banked at each turn. The kicker was when the track suddenly stopped; the roller coaster had a jump at the very end. The Oculus supports full head tracking, as I was able to look behind me and see the parts of the track I had just traveled on. As I went back on the incline, I looked to my left with just a turn of my head and saw the steep drop that sent my head spinning just moments ago. I'm able to look down and see the ground below me as well. It's crazy stuff.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Atomic's post is making me think of Avatar.

Also it's cool that you got to use a development one Enzo, I've seen a few videos of it but actually having an explanation of what it's like helps.