List of rpgs pls c:

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: Traps <3

List of rpgs pls c:

Post by Phazon1386 »

I would like to know a list of good rpgs. Thank you for your help!

Also I know about Golden sun and Fire emblem and some others like Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Mana, Secret of Mana as well. Also please don't mention the Xeno gears or Xeno saga. Or the .hack games.

[Edit]
Please don't recommend me games out of a specific series that I have listed. I plan to get the other games out of a certain series. I kinda gave a list so people wouldn't recommend me games like Persona 4 when I have Persona 3 listed in the list. Or the first Tales of Symphonia.

The ones I already own:
Demon's souls (don't really count it as one but I know people will suggest it)
Earthbound (not the wii u virtual console one)
Final Fantasy I,IV,V,VI,VIII, X, XII and some others.
Folklore
Illusion of Gaia
Nier
Pandora's Tower
Persona 3
Pokemon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of The New World
Tales of Graces F
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Last edited by Phazon1386 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Insert offensive Bones Lyric here."

Psn: Phazoony-
XBL: Phazoony
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: List of rpgs pls c:

Post by PinkIceFox »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ro ... ideo_games

Scroll down. Click a year. Go on an adventure.

Also, I see Dawn of the New World on that list. But not the first Tales of Symphonia. Get Tales of Symphonia.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

Phazon1386 wrote:Earthbound (not the wii u virtual console one)
Why not? It's the same game, unless there's some kind of bug in it that I am not aware of.
Siggy-sig
siggy
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

@ Kyo: I was just letting people know that I don't have a virtual copy of the game. Besides I don't own a wii u at this very moment.

@ PinkIceFox: I know that I don't have the first one.... Which is why I haven't started playing it. If I had the first one I would have listed it.

Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Kyo »

Ah, well that makes sense.

Anyway, I see Persona 3 on the list, and I would recommend 4 because I personally think it is a better game. Also Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Siggy-sig
siggy
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

Kyo wrote:Ah, well that makes sense.

Anyway, I see Persona 3 on the list, and I would recommend 4 because I personally think it is a better game. Also Devil Survivor Overclocked.
I already planned on getting Persona 4 same with Devil Survivor.... I sorta gave the list of games that have so people wouldn't tell me to check out a game from one of the series that I listed... I didn't know that I had to actually make that clear for people not to tell me about a specific game....

Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Kyo »

It's almost like I can't read minds and tell if you are going to get other games in the series, especially when I don't know your opinions on the games you posted, so I don't know if you liked Persona or SMT in general.

The only other thing I can recommend is .//hack, so...
._.
Siggy-sig
siggy
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I didn't see any of the Disgaea games on that list. They're pretty good.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

EvilPinkamina wrote:I didn't see any of the Disgaea games on that list. They're pretty good.
That is one series I forgot about lol. I do know about it however.

@ Kyo: I don't mean to sound mean or anything but it seems like it would be common sense for me to know about the games. Considering that I listed Persona 3 and SMT IV I enjoy both games just been working on completing other rpgs. Sorry if I sounded mean though.

Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

the world ends with you
summon night swordcraft story 1 and 2
etrian odyssey iv
off
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Skies of Arcadia. (Legends if you want)
Grandia (Whole series, 1, 2 and 3.)
Trails in the Sky. (PSP RPG)
Paper Mario (First 2 are a must, Super Paper Mario isn't really an RPG)

Also, here.

A list of recommended JRPG's if your interested.

Oh, and I'd suggest emulating the ones I've suggested. It'll be a better experience to play Skies (although, there are some problems with the textures in the sky), and Grandia 2 in 1080p, widescreen via NullDC.

Unless you want to own them, good luck in finding half of these for under £50.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

My fiancee would second the recommendation for Trails in the Sky(its on my own to play list), and I would add the other of Nihon Falcom's flagship series, Ys(I would recommend the PSP versions, though the PC versions are also available via steam). Also for the PSP, I would recommend Jeanne D'Arc, the game that got me into SRPGs to begin with.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Ni No Kuni. Probably the best recent JRPG out there. Story is solid, mechanics are fun. It's more inventive than your standard grind-fest. Something between Dragon Quest, Tales of, and Pokemon. However, it's a PS3 exclusive. You haven't specifically mentioned this, so if you already know of it or don't own one, that is how the cookie crumbles, I suppose.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

@ retrolinkx: I don't plan on emulating games not against it, but when its a game I haven't played before and one that I want to I will buy the game.

@ Batty: I own a Ps3 which is why I listed some ps3 exlcusives and my psn is in my signature. I do know about it I have a friend that is a big fan jrpgs. So I already know about some newer ones and older ones due to him.

@ Jeffery Mewtamer: I did see the Ys series go on sale via steam I didn't pick it up because I only had 20 dollars to spend. I do however plan on picking up the PSP version's though.

Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Phazon1386 wrote:Also please don't mention the Xeno gears or Xeno saga.
Why not? Yeah, the story pretty much changed once the second and third games came out because the writers of the first one left the team (well, they had influence on the second one, but very little). Despite their flaws, they're pretty good.
Phazon1386 wrote:[Edit]
Please don't recommend me games out of a specific series that I have listed. I plan to get the other games out of a certain series. I kinda gave a list so people wouldn't recommend me games like Persona 4 when I have Persona 3 listed in the list.
I hope you plan on playing every game in the Shin Megami Tensei series then, because you would be missing out if you stuck to just the Persona games.

As for RPGs you should give a try, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana and Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny are great while Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis is great too! If you like those games, then you may want to give Atelier Iris: Grand Phantasm a try. I never played the third one, mostly because it didn't interest me. There are also three or four other Atelier Iris games on the PS3, the other ones I just mentioned including Mana Khemia are all for the PS2.

Odin Sphere (PS2) is one of my favorites, but it's difficult. However, the story, characters, and combat are worth it. The hardest parts are really the bosses more so than regular enemies. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) was made by the same developers is pretty good too. Dragon's Crown (PS3) is another one that was recently released. And Grand Knights History (PSP) came out some time ago. I heard Grand Knights History was pretty good.

If you have a GBA, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is really fun and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS) is the sequel. After that is Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Lastly, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is going to be released next month on the 3DS.

retrolinkx wrote:Paper Mario (First 2 are a must, Super Paper Mario isn't really an RPG)
I'd say Super Paper Mario is a RPG-Platformer hybrid, but that's probably more up to opinion on my part. I also think that one should still give it a try too, it's got a pretty decent plot and the characters and dialogue are fun.

Rune Factory and Harvest Moon games also count as RPGs, with Rune Factory being more action-based out of the two (both are developed by the same teams). They are on several systems, the first Harvest Moon being on the SNES. Rune Factory started on the DS if I'm not mistaken and both are on the GBA, DS, Gamecube, PS2, Wii, and 3DS. Look for either Harvest Moon or Rune Facotry in the title if you want to find them. I also suggest looking up Let's Play videos for them first because it may not be your cup of tea.

Eternal Sonata on the Xbox 360 is pretty fun but good grief are the random "history lessons" at the end of each chapter annoying. It's a very pretty game too.

As for the Tales of series, I know you don't want anyone mentioning any game in particular, but try not to skip over Tales of Legendia. It's what most fans consider the black sheep of the series and seems to get skipped over or forgotten.

If the Fable series counts, you might like that one too. These are for the Xbox.

Lastly, the Wild Arms series. Unfortunately, I have only played Alter Code F (a remake of the first one), the fourth one, and the fifth one. I still want to play the third one. The ones I have played are a mix of Sci-Fi, Western, and Fantasy. Strange, I know, but oddly they made it work in an interesting way. Wild Arms 4 is the most Sci-Fi out of the three, with little western themes present.

Anyway, those are the ones I recommend.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Blasphemy wrote:Dragon's Crown (PS3) is another one that was recently released.
Small correction. This has only released in Japan. The Western version has a few more weeks. US release is August 6th. Still, it's very close, so she's basically right; and since PS3 isn't region locked, you could technically acquire it. It's also possible some people have early copies. This isn't to correct Blasphemy, as her point still stands; it is to inform you about its availability.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

@ Blasphemy: I listed a good majority of the series that I know just haven't had the money or chance to pick them up. I know a lot of people like them though. Also I found your post really helpful a lot of games I didn't know about some of which I did like Fable which I sadly wont be playing the 3rd one because I don't have a 360 and I not quite sure if 2 was released on the Original Xbox or not. I also knew about Wild Arms, I actually have the case to it sadly just the case. I did get it for free so I didn't complain.

@ Batty: I am perfectly aware of Dragon crown coming out next month for North America release. Along with the PS3 being region free.

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

(PS2)Kingdom Hearts: Pretty interesting game you appear to like Final Fantasy (I've never played one)
It's a crossover of Final Fantasy and Disney and it sounds odd but it works well.
(DS)Sonic Chronicles: Sonic Chronicles:The Dark Brotherhood is really good game made
by Bioware who makes Mass Effect my brother says is the best game,and the story is
pretty good.
(GBA)Legacy of Goku(I,II,Buu's fury)I: Play this when you are almost bored to
death because this game is time consuming for awhile because
those wolfs are the most dangerous things ever!(Get use to Aaaaaah!)

II:This is more like it! Game play is different slightly because now you have stats
and you have more than one character to use,It's quite fun and the story is immediately the first one.

Buu's Fury:It's #3 but I never played it because we lost it. But I hear it's fun!
(Note:All three games are about equal to all of Dragon Ball Z.)

I'm not sure if Kingdom Hearts is all ready in your head but, the Final Mix version appears to have made
it's way to PS3.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

chaoadventures wrote: (DS)Sonic Chronicles: Sonic Chronicles:The Dark Brotherhood is really good game made
by Bioware who makes Mass Effect my brother says is the best game,and the story is
pretty good.
This made me smile.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Doctor! Doctor!
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Doctor! Doctor! »

Hi.
pokemonlove33 wrote:I'M SARAH NOT RON PAUL, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A RON PAUL IS
Phazon1386
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Phazon1386 »

Doctor! Doctor! wrote:Kanye Quest 3030.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhf8UrW1jRU
Just yes! <3