Is Majora's Mask Overrated?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Is MM becoming overrated?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 14

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Is Majora's Mask Overrated?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Zelda 1: Never got further than part way through the second Dungeon.
Zelda II: Have barely played.
A Link to the Past: Personal Favorite among 2D Zeldas.
Link's Awakening: PLayed the GBC version, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ocarina: Played the Gamecube version and the 3DS version. Good Game, through I think it gets too many superlatives attached to it.
Oracles Duology: Thoroughly enjoyed both.
Wind Waker: Rage quit at never succeeding at using the Leaf to Glide to the Lost Woods Entrance.
Twilight Princess(Wii): Rage quit at the bridge joust because aiming with the Wiimote is hard enough when not under pressure, especially when the cross hairs are such you have to get get so close to the screen that you have to hold the Wiimote behind you for the sensor bar below the screen to be far enough away for the Wiimote to properly 'see' it. Want to see if traditional controls make it any easier, too bad those are only available in the Gamecube version.
Four Swords(DSIware version): Nice little distraction, wonder how the the mechanics would work in a full-blown Zelda Adventure.
Others: Haven't played.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: Is Majora's Mask Overrated?

Post by Tobi »

The Legend of Zelda: Finished it on GC, never the second quest though. I'm planning on replaying it on NES if I can get it. Had some hard parts, but after some practice and sometimes luck, it's not that hard to get through.
Adventure of Link: I got past the second-last dungeon on GC, but I never got a go on the valley of death. I did on an emu with cheats on though, I just wanted to do it for minecraft-related reasons. Many hard parts in this game.
A Link to the Past: Finished it on emu, it was a rather hard game though. I used state save, which I'm not proud of.
Link's Awakening: My favorite 2D Zelda. Finished it on emu, and I LOVED the references to Kirby, Mario and other games.
Ocarina of Time: Finished it on GC, never got further than the Deku Tree in MQ though. It was good, but wasn't the best. Quite overrated by the fandom.
Majora's Mask: Played it on GC, never got the Fierce Deity mask, but I did get all the other masks and finished it. It was one of the best.
Oracle of Seasons: Finished it on emu. The bosses were the hardest, next to that, it was okay. Not a complete fan of it. It took me a while to figure out the ring system, I couldn't even equip them.
Oracle of Ages: Haven't played it yet.
Wind Waker: Finished it on GC. A really cool game, next to the fortress when you lose your sword, and the part where you have to collect Triforce shards.
Four Swords: Never played it, and I probably never will.
Four Swords Adventures: Finished it on GC, it was enjoyable, but it missed a few elements I loved in Zelda games. Not the best, but still really good.
Minish Cap: Finished it on emu, a shame because my friend apparently had this game on GBA. This one was difficult at times. I feel easily disorientated with 2D games, so I couldn't really make out where to go. This problem was bigger in ALttP though.
Twilight Princess: My overall favorite. Finished it twice. Beat Ganondorf multiple times to show off. The sword battle was amazing. The controls were much smoother than Ocarina of Time, which is why I prefer it. The atmosphere was really cool too.
Phantom Hourglass: Finished it using my R4 card. Pretty good game. Pretty underrated. Just like Spirit Tracks.
Spirit Tracks: Finished it as well. I preferred it over Phantom Hourglass, but I disliked the Phantom parts.
Skyward Sword: Finished it, hero mode as well. Absolutely love the controller I got with it, the dash system and the new items. Hated playing the harp and the realms with the tears. One of my favorites as well.

I have no 3DS so I guess I can't play A Link Between Worlds... :(
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.