Brawl in the Family is almost over.

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Brawl in the Family is almost over.

Post by Rajikaru »

So, after 6 years of running, Brawl in the Family is officially coming to an end this weekend.

I'm personally conflicted on how to feel. I know that I enjoyed the comic when I was younger, I always read it and characters like Eario were great, not to mention I desperately wanted one of the plush Dededes, but I also feel like I'm glad it's over, because it honestly wasn't very good in many aspects to me. The art and the characters especially are controversial points for me: it seems like the art hasn't improved at all over the 6 years, with weird proportions and weird ways every character is drawn, even though the style is really cute and good when he does it in a more simplistic manner (such as the site's background), and there are some strips where the art is actually well done. Also, Kirby talks in the comic. What? I never got that. I think at the end of the day it's a great comic that lots of people enjoyed, but it really shouldn't be more than "a fancomic about a Smash Brothers fanverse".

So, how does anybody else feel about the comic? I'm curious to hear if anybody shares similar opinions.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: Brawl in the Family is almost over.

Post by Tobi »

It was one of the comics I caught up on and regularly went back to to check the updates. The other ones I follow are awkward zombie, fanboys-online, sequential art, maximumble and greg comic, but fanboys-online and sequential art are not updating a lot anymore, maximumble pops up on my facebook now and greg comic had one comic since MONTHS a few months ago, so I consider that comic dead. So it's mainly just awkward zombie now. This definitely makes me upset, but I guess I'll have to deal with it.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I really hate seeing anything end, I never really kept up with it but saw a comic here and there.

I just hope that whatever they plan to do with their lives after this will benefit us in someway, the comics were pretty funny and it'd be a shame to see them just not doing something related to comedy anymore.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

What I do love is the way he ends it. It's quite touching.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

The art and the characters
Gotta disagree with you there. I felt like BitF always knew EXACTLY how to make the characters interact. Seeing how the different Nintendo characters collided was always the best part of the comic for me.
If you mean that they aren't exactly like their in-game counterparts... that'd just be boring.
Also, Kirby talking doesn't really bother me because half of the comic wouldn't work without it.

Man... BitF is my favorite webcomic. I love everything about it. Funny artstyle, musical comics, but the key factor to me was that it was consistently charming. I feel like most webcomics revolve around being disgusting or slightly (sometimes highly) offensive, but BitF never had to do that to be memorable. The fact that I can enjoy it with my younger sister is something I heavily appreciate it.
Now that it's ending I just... how am I gonna get my fix now?