Should Mario Kart 8 have more DLC?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Should Mario Kart 8 have more DLC?

Post by naruto_chao »

I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart lately, and a little while after the 200cc update to the game, I was able to buy a bundle with the 1st and 2nd packs of DLC. I'd played it a bit before but the extra content added almost a second life to the game, at least for me.

So I ask all of you for your opinions. Do you think the game should have more content added in the future?

Personally, I would be ok with it having one more pack of content, because I got a bit excited when I saw a specific Smash Brothers trailer featuring Kirby. I think instead of a Kirby Airride 2, I'd be ok with him being Mario Kart DLC.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: Should Mario Kart 8 have more DLC?

Post by retrolinkx »

It shouldn't have had DLC in the first place.

Thanks for lying Nintendo.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

Was there an official statement saying it wasn't going to? I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so I don't know anything about it.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

^Image

Relevant
KuroMewsagi
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KuroMewsagi »

Whether it gets more DLC or not, I'll still be glad with what we got. Base game costs $60, comes with 32 tracks, that's a little under $2 a track. DLC costs $12, comes with $16, that's less than $1 a track, so it's hard to not appreciate the value of the the DLC based on number of tracks alone, but the DLC is arguably some of the best parts of the game. The DLC tracks seem to be consistently more fun than the ones from the base game, and most of the characters that my friends and I play with are from the DLC. I play Cat Peach, my friend alternates Villager and Tanuki Mario, and my cousin does Link. I'd love to see more DLC of such great value and quality, though it seems Nintendo's focusing more on overpriced Smash Bros characters, so I'll hold off my hopes for until they fire whoever was in charge of pricing the Smash Bros DLC.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

^ I agree with tat completely. I got mewtwo, but that was it. I can't keep buying them at the price they are. But with the packs in Mario kart, you get more than characters, and the smash brothers pricing guy doesn't seem to do Mario kart pricing, so I think that's not a big problem, and I hope I'm right on that one.
200cc keeps my single player needs met for now, and I don't think the game NEEDS more content, I'm just saying I would appreciate it.

I think you're right though, maybe I just need to appreciate what we have at the moment. I guess it's just my want to have more than a few tracks I like.