UNDERTALE

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

UNDERTALE

Post by chaoadventures »

Undertale.

"What kind of gween donkey is dat?" you ask?

It's an RPG that's pretty much just as freaky and wacky as Earthbound, but it's less UFOs and more...
Monsters? The only way to really describe it is to play the demo.

That or watch the TRAILER

The combat's like a normal RPG, but there's two additions, when being attacked you can avoid taking damage by avoiding objects on a sub-screen
and the choice of defeating enemies by fighting them or showing them mercy. I told you this game was Earthbound weird. It also might be funnier.
Edit: Oh wait. There's three additions. I'm a fool. When attacking there's a slider that moves and you have to try to get it in the green area for max damage.

I found the demo fun, and I plan to buy the game.

Oh yes. Did I say that the game came out today??? No? Well, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

It's 10 bucks (Or some other number in some other currencies that also exist.) on Steam and on it's website.
Well, I'm gonna go scrounge up some cash now. From myself. Or my brother. Mufufufu?

Eddy Edit: I bought the game. Er, stole my brother's Steam account. Anyways, I've gotten to the point where the Earthbound started seeping in.
At least the parts with strange names. Game=Good.

For The Record: There's some curse words, but I've actually never seen anything done about the specific words on this site.
They're also very far and few between, to the point I've actually only seen one character do this.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Re: UNDERTALE

Post by Flame »

I played this a day or two after it launched, because one of my really good friends told me about it. It's easily one of my favourite experiences in a long time. It makes you think and messes with you in a number of ways, and I really enjoyed it.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Haven't played it, but I've been watching some videos on Youtube. It seems really good!
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

I watched Game Grumps play it until they said that its an experience game like Earthbound, then I stopped and want to buy it for myself.
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

So, tomorrow at 8 P.M., you're going to have a chance to encounter this guy.
- space for rent -
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

*Quietly brings this topic back to life...*

So uh, does anyone have a favorite character yet?
(Feel free to use spoiler tags if needed.)
What is my life anymore?
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

ALL OF THEM!

Really though, Sans is my favorite, I just dressed as him for Halloween too! I just like his jokes and his backstory is really good and surprising!
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

As you can probably tell by my avatar, I'm extremely fond of Mettaton. I do also like the Skeletons, the goats, and Napstablook. I also like the Amalgamates, especially Reaper Bird.
- space for rent -
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Papyrus. Also those Temmies.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Might as well say some of my favorites, too.

I really like Napstablook, Monster Kid, and even some of the basic enemy encounters. It makes me happy to see that even the more minor characters are still filled with personality.

Also... Pacifist (and Neutral) ending spoilers ahead...
Spoiler:
Asriel Dreemurr. I just love this precious goat son to pieces, and both of his boss forms are REALLY cool in design. And yeah, even though I still haven't played Undertale for myself (shame on me), I couldn't help but spoil the endings for myself. And... I actually have no regrets, since I honestly don't mind spoilers at all, and I just really love Asriel so much! <3

And yes, I know he is also Flowey but I'm OK with that. I like Flowey as well, despite everything he does. Even his "Omega" Flowey (as the fans call it) boss form is kinda cool, in a weird, creepy way.
What is my life anymore?
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Post by Skonia »

we spoiled ourselves before playin too bc we werent interested in that kind of game but tbh we gave in and got it and honestly its so worth it, its such a good game, we cried lmao

mettaton gave me a reason to like roBOTS TBH,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IM USUALLY NEVER INTERESTED IN EM,,,,
y'all...
Image Image Image
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I just came in here to say Undertale is best game, everyone who disagrees is lying to themselves, and Asriel is a qt while Chara is a terrible horrible person for bullying poor Asriel.

Genocide run spoilers.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
MeganAKTyler
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Oi, you! Yes, you! With the face! Yes! Hello!

Post by MeganAKTyler »

I played the game for like 12.5 hours (According to steam) in the course of two days start-to-finish the pacifist route (With the help of my brother-friend)

This has been the BEST game that I have played in so long, it has such replay value to it (With all the different routes, secrets, interactions, easter eggs..)

100/10 would recommend to the entire world, absolutely sansational
Dragons!
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

uh.. favorite character...?
silently stares at the new avatar
haven't played, nor do I think I will (no funds, no time, no motivation)
doesn't mean I don't like it though, golly! ;p
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
cloudchaoclan
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao
Motto: determined

Post by cloudchaoclan »

This game messed me up recently. It's made me feel genuine emotion for the first time in a while and I love it. The only thing I have left to do is a genocide run, but I can't bring myself to do it. I ended up just reading about it on the wiki cause I was too afraid to even watch a video of it

Sans was my favorite character for a while, but I think now that everything's done Asriel came out on top. Cute little goat boy that got made the victim of circumstance, kinda hard not to sympathize
wuz fun -_^
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

It's a great videogame that's incredibly overhyped to the point of annoyance.

The story is fleshed out, the characters are well done, the gameplay is a unique spin on the story-driven RPG genre, the battle mechanics are a separate game in and of themselves, and there's really nothing done wrong to subtract from the experience.

But holy **** the internet is over-saturated with it at this point. It's like the Homestuck of 2015.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Nova! wrote:It's a great videogame that's incredibly overhyped to the point of annoyance.

The story is fleshed out, the characters are well done, the gameplay is a unique spin on the story-driven RPG genre, the battle mechanics are a separate game in and of themselves, and there's really nothing done wrong to subtract from the experience.

But holy **** the internet is over-saturated with it at this point. It's like the Homestuck of 2015.
Couldnt say it better myself.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

^ Whats funny is that both Homestuck and Undertale were heavily inspired by Earthbound
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

And both Homestuck and Undertale had their soundtrack worked on by Toby Fox, as well as him having done an Earthbound Hack.

Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I will say that Toby Fox is incredibly talented, as the OST is simply amazing.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Nova! wrote:It's a great videogame that's incredibly overhyped to the point of annoyance.

I definitely agree. I've played through true pacifist about four times now (for other people, I stream it for them) and I'm still finding new things I didn't notice with every playthrough.

On the topic of oversaturation, it's started to annoy me just seeing the sprite of Frisk on the thumbnail of a YouTube video. I feel like the positive reception is most surely deserved, but it feels like Five Night's at Freddy's all over again with the amount that it's seeing right now. I think I remember Toby saying something about there not being any plans for an Undertale 2, so that's good, at least.

I'm playing a Genocide Run next. I can't wait to see what surprises me here, though I'm aware of all the main parts of a run like it. I'll likely beat Sans, then reload and let him dunk me before truly resetting to make it fair. Don't want my soul taken by Chara, after all.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

The final boss of the genocide run is hella hard. I've never done a genocide route, but I DL'd a save up to the fight, fought him once, and couldn't bring myself to fight again. Even tho i died on the second attack. and he can only deal 1 damage

Genocide runs are depressing too bc all the music is at, like, 0.5x speed and lower pitch. Just listening to Dogsong (GENOCIDE) is the most heart wrenching experiences.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Great game, been doing a genocide run on twitch recently. Really really good game, buy it and check it out if you have the time.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Guys, Toby sounds like a qt3.14.
SketchLite5
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by SketchLite5 »

Great game, it really changes your perspective about the game from the beginning. I thought Undertale was just gonna be some kiddy game with simple stuff, but it has really really complex stories or theories. I've seen people do speedrun (currently following Tuxwizzle on Twitch who has done multiple speedrun of the game) and it's surprising interesting how they can beat the game in an hour or two. But like every popular franchise it comes with a cancerous fan base. The fan base is terrible where they will rage hard over something so idiotic. I don't why they rage over it, but I can tell you that it's growing.