Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime Series. April 2016.

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime Series. April 2016.

Post by retrolinkx »

http://nintendoeverything.com/ace-attor ... ext-april/

That's right, an Ace Attorney anime series is being created by Capcom and going to be released on April in Japan.

If you haven't played the games, or watched the movie, or seen the musical, read the manga/wiki articles or ever cared for what Fox and I sometimes do on Chao Island then this is damn near the best time to get into the series. Sure, it won't be the same as PLAYING the games but it's a start.

All I'm hoping for is that the voices are good. I mean the ones we got in DD were terrible compared to the original.

Original Phoenix VA > PWvsPL VA > Marvel Vs Capcom VA >>>>>>>>>> Duel Destines VA.

I get that Ben Judd no longer works for Capcom or whatever, but asking him to come in and do three measly lines is hardly a lot to ask for, same for the rest of the damn cast. Or hell using the uncompressed DS 240p audio isn't that much to ask for. It doesn't even sound that bad for the 3DS. Phoenix sounded like he just hit 15 in DD whereas Edgeworth sounded like he just hit 60. The voice actor in the cross over was okay, same with Marvel vs Capcom. But Judd really had a great voice for Phoenix.

Anyhow, I don't mind the voice they will choose as long as it sounds right.

Edgeworth should sound British if he's in the anime, and no. Not Jason Statham British. A weird Upper Middle Class voice should do.
Phoenix should sound well the mix of strong but somewhat laid back.
Maya...well Maya should just sound kinda annoying but cute.
Larry should have a super annoying voice but with a friendly feel to it.
Mia should be very authoritive. She had a good voice in T&T since it did sound like a boss or leader.
As for anyone else I assume if the above are correct, voices should be fine overall.

I liked how Phoenix sounded in Layton vs Wright Maya, not so much since she sounded how I imagined Mia should sound like. Phoenix was sort of a good laid back but somewhat serious voice.

Obviously, all of what I've just said will only relate if the anime is dubbed, and knowing Capcom they still have other Ace Attorney material to translate and dub...

Hopefully if the anime isn't just a retelling of cases, and can keep suspense like the games do, then I'd really get behind it. I don't want to see the games retold as anime like Danganronpa the animation. I'd rather see something new. I mean if they did do an episode to explain Mia's death and such, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to see the whole damn season being the first game. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Case 1-4 told again. That's the best case in the whole series.

I also hope that Phoenix retains his inner monologue since that's always something to laugh at.

Anyhow, what about you peeps. You interested or just gonna let it pass?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime Series. April 2016.

Post by chaoadventures »

So, can I finish playing all the games now?
Or maybe the first one.
Or the third trial that I never even got to finish because the iPad I was playing on broke?

Either way, I'd be okay if they mixed old cases in with brand new ones.

Of course, if this isn't eventually dubbed, then I lose 75% of my interest.
Languages I can't understand ruin my ability to pay attention, unless it's real life/live action. Also, having no English "Objection!" and "Take That!" is just disappointing.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.