Smartphone Game Suggestions?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Smartphone Game Suggestions?

Post by CFood »

It seems strange there isn't a suggestion thread as like a sticky, maybe it just hasn't been made, but I'm not about to bump something ancient. But then again, having 100+ pages would be overbearing and your suggestions would get lost. Maybe a whole sub board with just a topic for each platform? I'm babbling about nothing, ignore this

Sooo, suggestions? Anyone and everyone, please give suggestions for stuff to play.

I will go ahead and give the few stuff I like that I've found.

Both for Android (and probably iOS as well):

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper. You know what Final Fantasy is, but if you didn't know about this one, it's worth it. It's free too. Tried it on a whim, you get to re-experience bits and pieces of past Final Fantasy games. It's got that gauge filling and then attacking gameplay, which I like way more than turn based. You can rescue and put a wide array of different characters into your party, from flagboy himself to well, anyone from how it seems to be advertising.

LIT by WayForward. Check it out. You're in a dark room and you're trying to get through by using items you find to light up lamps, smash tinted windows, and such to light up the room and traverse to the other door.

Other than the obvious and well-known Sonic and Tetris (and Love Live), that's about all I have to play right now besides dumb solitaire games, so I'd like some suggestions myself.
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Re: Smartphone Game Suggestions?

Post by Goat »

How much of your own money and your parents money have you used in smart phone games, just so I know what to suggest
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Better idea: Stop using phones. Phones are dumb. Phones have nothing cool on them. Except actual phone functions and Google Chrome. They don't even have Puyo Pop.

Ehhhh... Sonic 4: Episode 2 and Sonic CD? Goes into "obvious Sonic", but they're probably the best games on there because the controls are simple.
Until they finally put Sonic 3 & Knuckles on there.

Otherwise... Timberman? I've heard Hearthstone is a game. On phones. That people play. That's good. And stuff like that. And chess. That's always there.
I don't use my phone very often, or have a reason to. I am waiting for Pokemon Go though.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Asphalt 8 is pretty phenomenal for a smartphone game. I used to play it a lot!
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I haven't used a smartphone in about 3.5 years, but some fun little time wasters I remember include:

Alchemy: Like Tetris, there are a number of different games based on the same concept. Starting with the classical Elements of Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water, you combine two or more items to create something else(such as Fire + water = steam) Once you've created something, you can generate as much of it as you want, and the goal is to figure out how to generate everything in the games database. Surprisingly addictive, though guides to a specific version remove any semblance of Challenge.

NinTaii and Amataii. Both are based on rolling a 1*1*2 block around a grid trying to position the block so it slides into a square hole. If I remember correctly, Nintaii had invisible walls at the edge of the board and switches that would cause roadblocks to raise and lower. Amataii would allow the bock to fall off the edge, switches that raised/lowered bridges, glass tiles that would break if the block was stood on end on them, and buttons that would split the block into two cubes. Both gave you about a 10th of their levels for free with the full game being 99 cents if I remember correctly.

Unblock Me: Sliding block puzzles. Had to remove the red brick from the board by sliding blocks. Also gave you a rating depending on how close your solution was to optimal. Might have been another free demo with a 99 cent full version.

Wizardry: Puzzle game with a astrology and magic theme. connect colored spheres toget by drwaing lines between them to make them vanish. Free, though you could buy power-ups if you weren't patient enough to unlock them through playing the game.

There's a few others I remember(one where you have to pack a set of terominoes into a given shape, one where you tilt the phone side-to-side to keep a bouncing ball climbing higher on a randomly generated tower of platforms) but I can't remember their names.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Sorry guys but Grudgeball: Enter the Chaosphere is the only true mobile game that I can play without wanting to smash every touchscreen on the planet.

If you want to include depthless pick up and play games that you could play with your eyes closed, there's also Doodle Jump and Subway Surfers. I don't play any of that garbage that has in-app purchases to give you an advantage.

The best thing to do is just install some emulators and play Crash Bandicoot and stuff
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I'd have to say Hearthstone. But it's pretty big (1GB+)

Ah, bear in mind that you have to be connected to internet to play it (doesn't take up much data at all though)
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CFood »

Goat wrote:How much of your own money and your parents money have you used in smart phone games, just so I know what to suggest
None. I just got this smartphone a couple weeks ago. (Also I live alone and make my own money sooo)

If rent wasn't eating most of my money up, I'd probably be buying big red star ring packs, but I do things the hard way. Playing every day and grinding.

I already have those Sonic games on other platforms. I was referring more to Dash and Jump.

Yooo, Asphalt is fun so far. And this Timberman is surprisingly addictive.

I've heard of Hearthstone a lot lately, but I haven't checked it out yet.

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

The first rayman game came out on the phone recently, try that out
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Neko Atsume is best phone game by far.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CFood »

Yoooo, this Rayman game got platforming on touch screens right.

I had tried the Sonic ones on a friend's phone before, and I don't like the digital control stick and buttons.

But Rayman is just swipes and taps, I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself.

ehhh, I'm failing to see the appeal of Neko Atsume so far

Facebook · Twitter
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

ok, kinda offtopic here but..
I'm getting a Moto X Pure (android) soon and would like some ideas of free (or cheap) apps to get.
I currently have Skype, Youtube, Discord (if it has a app), and Pokemon Go! (once it's released) in mind. Any suggestions (games or not) would really help. :herosway:
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^Back when I could use a Smartphone, I used a little app called Money Bank to keep track of my spending. Any other app I could think up would probably be reneder irrelevant by how many release of Android have come out since(I last used Android version 2.3).

Also, have played them, but I hear 2048 is a lot of fun.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

2048 is a ripoff of Threes which is also free
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^I would've mentioned 3s! but couldn't remember the name. I also wrote my own version called Z! since most existing variants are graphical and thus unplayable from my perspective. Haven't messed with Z! in a while, but if I remember correctly, I implemented arbitary board sizes, used letters to maintain a text grid, and had Z pieces annihilate when fused.

Another useful app I remember is TransLoc. Allows you to view a map of any bus route in it's system and get real-time information on a bus's location. If nothing else, it was handy for minimizing how long I had to stand at the bus stop at the end of my apartment building the last time I went off to college. Granted, it's only useful if you use public transit regularly, and then only if your city's bus service is in their database.
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CFood »

I just looked up 2048 and Threes and good lord I just wasted a whole 30 minutes on this.

Threes is catchier and cooler though. Got some nice mellow music and some fun quirky voices and it's nice.

Facebook · Twitter