Splatoon 2

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Splatoon 2

Post by chaoadventures »

I've played more than my fair share of mario kart and sa2b and sonic heroes multiplayer thank you very much

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

@rajiwhatever: i can't help but feeling u just got told

split screen is terrible. as someone a lot older than you we used to like fantasize about multiplayer on separate screens. nobody said "I LOVE THIS LIMITATION"

try again "grandpa" !! ;x

anyway on the for true note; i think it's objectively better from looking at the original and mega cute
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

chaoadventures wrote:I've played more than my fair share of mario kart and sa2b and sonic heroes multiplayer thank you very much
Uh, okay.

Lamby wrote:@rajiwhatever: i can't help but feeling u just got told

split screen is terrible. as someone a lot older than you we used to like fantasize about multiplayer on separate screens. nobody said "I LOVE THIS LIMITATION"

try again "grandpa" !! ;x
Well I'm very sorry none of you had fun night-long sessions of FPS's and splitscreen Mario Kart with your friends. You really missed out. But unfortunately that doesn't excuse one of the biggest sequels to a multiplayer console game in years from not having splitscreen for people who like being actually social. Halo 5 had the exact same problem - hundreds, if not thousands of purchases lost due to lack of splitscreen.

Also bringing up age really means nothing, putting aside me not even knowing how old any of you are so that doesn't affect anybody anyway.

Opinions are opinions.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

chill honey i ain't after your pride, but i'm entering late 20s, and like most people my age my friends don't live across campus, they're global now with careers or kids

online is a good social alternative you are tripping. split screen was marketing for your children or goofy 90s nuclear family marketing. children aren't buying nintendo consoles, millennials are, and we're forgoing kids. financially the people constipated about split screen amount to an insignificant revenue loss that doesn't outweigh the waste of time developing it... plus never seen a big sploon fan request it. like pinkas from talking to him knows what up, trust me son
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

all i can say is that Salmon Run is chaos, i love it :blink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Splatoon is mad hurt by cutting your view in half, be it splitting vertically or horizontally, your vision gets ****** up compared to a full screen.

Also, there's on launch LAN support if you like being social.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

EvilPinkamina wrote:Splatoon is mad hurt by cutting your view in half, be it splitting vertically or horizontally, your vision gets ****** up compared to a full screen.
In a game where the main goal is spreading one of two bright neon colours accross the map? Yea, that makes sense
EvilPinkamina wrote:Also, there's on launch LAN support if you like being social.
Also, not everybody owns or wants a Switch.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

but i thought normies brought switches to rooftop parties

Is this the time to ask whether or not Splatoon 1 is playable still or is it time we ask ourselves if this is going to turn into a call of duty tier franchise?
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Rajikaru wrote:
EvilPinkamina wrote:Splatoon is mad hurt by cutting your view in half, be it splitting vertically or horizontally, your vision gets ****** up compared to a full screen.
In a game where the main goal is spreading one of two bright neon colours accross the map? Yea, that makes sense
In a game where the opponent can literally come out of the ground and kill you in 1 second, yeah its mad important. Rollers, blasters, and chargers can all **** you up. Average time to kill in splatoon is hella short.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

at this point I don't think nova actually cares about the logic of obscured vision, just a feature that allows you to play a really horrible version of splatoon

- - -
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I care about what I personally want to enjoy and you two giving ****** examples of why it wouldn't work and being passive aggressive isn't really persuading me otherwise. Not that whining about how splitscreen wouldn't work for you in the first place was at all necessary, that is. But, it's your choice if you want to keep trying to "convince" me. Because, y'know, I said "I'm disappointed in no splitscreen" because I totally wanted to be convinced that I didn't actually want it or know what I enjoy in multiplayer video games, and not just as a note for a completely fine game otherwise.

Also, it's hardly necessary to try and discern meaning from my :arguments" when none of you said anything after I mentioned that there was a brand new co-op wave-based mode completely separate from the usual mode that would have worked just as well, if not better, with splitscreen. But, again, I totally said that having no splitscreen sucked because I wanted the people here to try and explain to me why I was wrong and my opinion is stupid.

Though, I will admit it was wholly my fault for engaging Lamby. Oh, and for the record, "just because tv's are big doesn't mean vision wouldn't be obscured so your opinion still wrong" is still one of the stupidest points I've ever seen raised.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

...good for you?

it's been quite clear for several months that you plain hate my guts already so none of this is new

- - -
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Alright, sorry I engaged both you and Lamby, clearly neither of you can handle actual discussions for some reason. How you went from a discussion about splitscreen multiplayer to "you ****ing hate me so why do i even bother" is beyond me.

Triert wrote:but i thought normies brought switches to rooftop parties

Is this the time to ask whether or not Splatoon 1 is playable still or is it time we ask ourselves if this is going to turn into a call of duty tier franchise?
I would imagine Splatoon 1 still has a playerbase, the Switch is still really new and $300 is a steep price for a console that, in the way of multiplayer, only really has updated ports. and, like I said, no splitscreen multiplayer, and aside from the new co-op mode, the only differences are a new story mode and completely different specials, so not much in the way of multiplayer draw power.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

at what point was this an actual discussion
Rajikaru wrote:How you went from a discussion about splitscreen multiplayer to "you ****ing hate me so why do i even bother" is beyond me.
We've both had like, 5 of these types of "discussions", or as I prefer, arguments, at this point

It's not that hard to cobble this together man

- - -
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

There are def new stages and weapons in multiplayer. Switch also has a bigger install base, and splatoon 2 is overall a direct upgrade from splatoon 1.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

chaoadventures wrote: We've both had like, 5 of these types of "discussions", or as I prefer, arguments, at this point

It's not that hard to cobble this together man
I don't know why you assume just because I disagree with you and what you say to may to me, that means I'm doing this purely because I hate you (it's the other way around, I hate you because you do crap like this), and

EvilPinkamina wrote:There are def new stages and weapons in multiplayer. Switch also has a bigger install base, and splatoon 2 is overall a direct upgrade from splatoon 1.
I don't know why you trying to start an argument over every little thing I say. I gave reasons why Splatoon 1 might still have a playerbase to somebody that wasn't even involved in a discussion beforehand and you respond with "WELL YOU FORGOT THAT SPLATOON 2 HAS ALL THIS OTHER NEW STUFF AND IT'S JUST BETTER THAN SPLATOON 1" like you're trying to beat me at an argument contest or something. Also, don't say you weren't, it's pretty clear from your phrasing (Switch also has a bigger install base is a dead giveaway) that you were.

Splatoon 1 and 2 are different. Splatoon 1 has been out for years, is fully updated, has a full list of maps, weapons, and features, while Splatoon 2 literally just came out today on a console that isn't even a year old. Of course Splatoon is going to have a playerbase, maybe even a bigger one than Splatoon 2, but Splatoon 2 is still going to do just fine on its own.

If any of the three of you don't want stupid arguments/discussions/whatever like this debacle, then don't start them over stupid petty **** like saying Splatoon 2 is a bummer cause it doesn't have splitscreen.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

You literally said multiplayer doesn't have many changes and was just updated ports when there are new stages, weapons, and improved leveling and gear mechanics.It's a direct upgrade from splatoon 1's multiplayer, improving on the weaker mechanics of the original game and making it more enjoyable with less required gacha. I dont care about arguing w/ you, simply correcting you where you're wrong.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I'm not wrong, though. Maps are a given, I forgot about them, but it's pretty clear Nintendo is trying to diversify Splatoon 2 from Splatoon 1, from its completely separate set of ultimate weapons alone, and the playerbase was entirely based around online multiplayer, which has only gotten new stages and different ultimates so far, no new weapons have come out yet. Also, if you were just trying to correct me, consider adapting a better tone, or making your own point towards Treedirt's post, instead of jumping off what I said.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Splat Dualies was literally a level 3 weapon, which has new mechanics w/ it's ink spread and mobility.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

It is? The way it was advertised I assumed it was featured in Splatoon 1.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Rajikaru wrote:I don't know why you assume just because I disagree with you and what you say to may to me, that means I'm doing this purely because I hate you (it's the other way around, I hate you because you do crap like this)
Well I mean obviously there's other factors too

I don't know why you're so worked up about this, geesh

I never said you do this all purely because you hate me, I was going for this is an underlying factor in why we're both causing constant back and forths in multiple topics, but whatever I messed up like I
usually do, but this is all a bottom tier screw up for me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - -
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Then stop whining about your screwups and work on improving yourself instead. Wallowing in your own self-pity will solve nothing.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

You imply that I haven't spent my life trying that.

- - -
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

So I was looking for what level the N-Zap 98' would be available for me to use and then,

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/N-ZAP_%2789
The N-ZAP '89 remains similar to the N-Zap '85, albeit with a much less support oriented set. Instead the set is more aggressive, with an Autobomb Sub Weapon and a Tenta Missiles Special Weapon. It is currently unreleased, and will be added in an update.

what did those monsters do to my baby

Now I have to keep using like, Dualies or some junk.

- - -