ZipoCXG's Arts (UPDATED *5/10/2022*)

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Do you like my art?

EPICALLY AWESOME STUFFZ!!! You're a great artist!
83%
This stuff is very good! Although it can use some work.
13%
It's good...
2%
My eyes are bleeding, this stuff's so horrible!
2%

Total votes: 136

ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Re: ZipoCXG's Arts (UPDATED *1/17/2020*)

Post by ZipoCXG »

It’s been so long since I last updated...life has been really hard this past year for me (if not everyone), but it has given me a little more motivation to work on my art, as well as time to think about what I want to/should be doing for myself. That being said, I only have one new chao drawing to post:

Updated art for Zipo, pose is based off of art I did for her back in 2013. I may or may not be using this particular piece for something that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I’m working on setting up commissions, hopefully sometime this year, provided I don’t get too lazy.
My interest in sonic/chao has waned over the past few years, so I’ve haven’t been drawing them as much. I’ll never stop being a fan, but they both have taken a back seat in terms of my obsessions, with the Story of Seasons (pre-2014 Harvest Moon) series taking its place as my primary obsession (primarily the Mineral Town games). With that out of the way, here’s some of my non-sonic/chao art from the past year:
Spoiler:
Bubble Splash: a baby sea pony/hippocampus. I used a figurine I own of them as a reference.
—-
A drawing I did to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town’s Japanese release. I’ve played since the Japanese launch, and it’s helped improve my Japanese significantly (I’m still garbage, though).
—-
A chicken roosting on Claire’s (female protagonist from Mineral Town) head. This is a remake of a doodle from a few years ago in my sketchbook.
—-
Princess Celestia and Galarian Rapidash. IDK, I thought they looked similar with their manes/tails, so I drew them together.
—-
Infernal Sin: a pony OC I did for a friend’s birthday.
—-
A Valentine’s Day drawing featuring my OTP: DoctorXClaire (this ship has consumed my soul).
—-
Deena, my birthday twin Animal Crossing villager, and also the first Animal Crossing-related drawing I’ve ever done!
Lastly, if it wasn’t obvious with the different links in my watermark, but I have officially moved on from using DeviantART (for posting my art, I will still be managing the Chao Island group on the site), as the site has become unsatisfactory to use anymore. I will keep the link available on the first post to act as an archive of my art from 2009-2019, but I will be adding links to the sites I’m now currently using. These sites, as well as the Discord’s creative room will be where I’m “most active” for posting art. This topic will still not be super active in terms of updates, but I promise that I’m not abandoning it.

See you next update! :surprise:
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Re: ZipoCXG's Arts (UPDATED *4/09/2021*)

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

You've improved so much over the years! :>
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

it’s great to see you still post here, your art is as charming and polished as ever :herosway: i hope the rest of 2021 and 2022 were/are kinder to u
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

never quit
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

Update time! Finally, am I right? This past year has actually been one of the most active years for me art-wise in quite a while. Truth be told, ever since October of 2020, I’ve been drawing on an iPad using an Apple Pencil and Clip Studio Paint (probably should’ve mentioned that last update, but better late than never). It’s been a lot easier for me than on my laptop, which unfortunately isn’t exactly ideal to use anymore, and I don’t really have an up-to-date PC that functions properly, so yeah.
:omochao:

Anyway, on with the art!

A neon Zipo that was inspired from a doodle an old CI friend (Kosen. Does that name ring a bell to anyone here?) did in a YouTube video back in 2009.
—-
A remake of a drawing I did back in 2012. The original was posted in the topic back then, but I’m too lazy to go find which page exactly.
—-
Halloween Chao
—-
Neutral (Child), Hero, and Dark chao art that I kinda wish I could make into stickers.
—-
A concept for an Alexandrite chao
—-
Easter drawing featuring Shadow and a Shadow chao with bunny ears (first time drawing Shadow, fun fact).

Non-Sonic/Chao art (lot of pony-stuff this time):
Spoiler:
Redraw of Pony Life art
—-
Chibi Keroro fell asleep doing homework
—-
Holly Dash, a FiM animator’s OC
—-
The mane 5 from A New Generation
—-
Art made to celebrate 2 years since SoS:FoMT’s Japanese release (forgive me for including my OTP)
—-
Tamama
—-
Claire
—-
Hisuian Zorua (gonna be honest, not a huge fan)
—-
Alicorn Sunny
—-
Redraw of a scene from FiM Season 5 Episode 26 (my most recent drawing, as of today)
—-
I also participated in Drawcember last year (as well as the previous, but didn’t finish it), and went with an OTP+fan kid theme, because I’m apparently still a 13 year-old. Don’t worry, I’m not including everything I did here, just some.

Some of my Drawcember 2021 art:
Spoiler:
I have recently updated my watermark yet again, as I have also decided to stop posting art on Twitter as well. I have also recently thrown all of my art on DeviantArt into storage, since people can’t get the hint that I’m no longer active, and I kept getting new watchers, which I got pretty annoyed with when checking for group notifications. I plan on reuploading stuff from there elsewhere at some point, possible on a new Tumblr? As far as new art is concerned, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep my current streak going, as I have unfortunately been diagnosed with an incurable condition since my last update, and will be needing surgery soon for it, which will undoubtedly affect my art performance for a while. Probably won’t matter too much though, as the next update likely won’t be until next year anyway.
:wink:
Also, guess what. I forgot to mention this last update, but this topic officially turned 10 years old in 2020 (almost 12 now). That’s wild!
See you next update! :surprise: