Art Help

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zapchao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Art Help

Post by Zapchao »

I don't know if anyone can ask for art help here. If it isn't allowed, ignore everything below, and any mods reading this, delete this topic if so.

It looks off to me. I think it's the eyes or arms, but I'm not sure. Apparently I can't seem to do poses too well. There are probably better chao artists on this forum that can tell me everything wrong here. Feedback from anyone though is appreciated.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: Art Help

Post by ShadriaFan »

is..Is that a Zapdos chao?
Zapdos- and any other bird for the record- do not look good at all without its beak. That may be the issue..
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Zapchao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Zapchao »

I actually thought about adding a beak earlier, but didn't based off the idea that the in-game animals (Condor, Parrot, Peacock) don't give beaks. I'll try adding one and see what it might look like.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

What in the world?! A chao based off of one of my favorite Pokemon? Gosh dang, why didn't I think of that? Probably because I can't draw anything worth crud.

Zapdos is just one of my favorites, other than Clefairy (Bite me). If that were a real chao, would it be considered a Character Chao? or just a Neutral/Fly/Fly with Zapdos parts?
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
Zapchao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Zapchao »

I see it more as a character chao. I can't see any animal part shaping the head that way. The chao type is what shapes the head.

The choice scarf is just an accessory like Cheese the chao's bowtie. It would be cool if chao could put on items other than hats.

Despite Zapdos being part of my username, it's actually my third favorite Pokémon now. But remaining that high after seven generations shows how much I still like it. :wink:
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Zapchao wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:22 pm I see it more as a character chao. I can't see any animal part shaping the head that way. The chao type is what shapes the head.

The choice scarf is just an accessory like Cheese the chao's bowtie. It would be cool if chao could put on items other than hats.

Despite Zapdos being part of my username, it's actually my third favorite Pokémon now. But remaining that high after seven generations shows how much I still like it. :wink:
Nice! wait... that scarf is the Choice Scarf? I honestly couldn't tell. I only really ever play the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games when I need my Pokemon fix.

Also, I didn't realize that Zapdos was part of your username. I actually thought you were referencing the Paper Mario enemy 'Zap Tap.'

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^I thought that was one of the badges from Paper Mario.

--

Here's the best advice I can give:

The chao is too bulky and spiky.

Compare the Zapdos chao to these chao here:

Image Image
Image Image

In regards to spikiness, as can be seen in the two run chao, the chao both is too spiky, and also has too many spikes to begin with.
Sonic is known for his spikes, but the Run/Run chao, which is clearly based on him, doesn't actually have that many spikes surprisingly enough.
Not only that, but they're also not very sharp, chao parts can be "sharp", but even the Run/Fly chao (probably the pointiest chao ever) has limits on that.

As far as bulkiness, the chao's wings are too big, as compared to the Fly/Fly (or Nights) chao, which basically sum up the size limit for chao wings.
Animal part wings (even though this would probably just be considered a character chao and be exempt from this) hit their limit around the size of the parrot chao.

And that's it for my critique, here's to hoping you can actually use it and I didn't just right an incomprehensible ramble.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

That Zapdos Chao is still awesome nonetheless. I like it so much I wish I had one! :herosurprise: