Chao World Extended Youtube series

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tardysoap
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chao World Extended Youtube series

Post by Tardysoap »

Hey guys! Just wanted to share a new YouTube video I made of me playing through the Chao World Extended mod. I have plenty of goals such as completing all the races, completing all the new modded harder races, karate, getting rare chao and much more! Also, If anyone has any suggestions or constructive criticism feel free to share with me as I'd love to improve on my work. I hope you guys get the time to check it out!

Episode list:
Introduction: https://youtu.be/yv7j470D4nE
Episode 1: https://youtu.be/3XtHs3W35Ig
Episode 2: https://youtu.be/qGdieiDDo6k
Episode 3: https://youtu.be/ZcZUWTwir4Q
Last edited by Tardysoap on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Re: Chao World Extended Youtube series

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Wait, what? A YouTube series focusing on Chao, you say? Will there be set goals, like getting the shiny monotone normal? or will it just be a series about you raising chao? Either way, I'm kind of excited.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
Tardysoap
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tardysoap »

It's going to be a mixture of both! I plan on having quite a few series of set goals, such as getting the "Mint" Chao and shiny monotone normal, getting some cool color mixtures as well as completing all the NEW races. I also plan on raising Chao just like normal, showing off cool funny things, neat texture mods for gardens and whatnot. Thanks to the Extended Chao World mod I'm able to have all sorts of goals aswell that wouldn't be possible normally, like getting the Moon chao, character chaos and some awesome texture chaos. All gotten legitimately with blood, sweat and tears.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Really? Neat. If I actually had a recording tool other than my phone, I probably would have done a series where I spend time talking about what I love about the Chao Garden and trying to get the Shiny Two Tone Normal chao, which I finally achieved yesterday. And maybe also try for the Chaos Chao... Anyways... I can't do videos that much due to me having to hold my phone i one hand and struggle to play the game one handed. I even tried using a poorly constructed phone stand made out of old Legos I found in some boxes in my house. It didn't work. Good on you, and I wish you good luck at getting that Mint Chao.

Tardysoap
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tardysoap »

I feel your pain man, unfortunately any good recording software costs a lot of money, I was able to snag FRAPS at a good price, and have past YouTube experience, I actually previously had a channel with about 3K subs, not bragging or anything but people really underestimate how hard it is to get everything set up. Regardless, thanks man!
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Tardysoap wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:53 pm past YouTube experience, I actually previously had a channel with about 3K subs
Wait, what? 3K?! I've had my channel up for a few years and my sub count is still around 20 something.
How long was that channel up for?

By the way... what's the best game capture device for recording footage of Gamecube games?

Tardysoap
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tardysoap »

It's Still up my man, check it out here if you want :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChsZce ... A/featured

I actually record my game through Steam, it is by far the best way to do it, clear quality and much more simplified. If you are dead set on recording from a Gamecube, you're going to want to look into buying a TCV capture card, that stuff is normally really pricey so if I were you I'd see if you can find a cheap one somewhere like Ebay or Craigslist.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Tardysoap wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 pm It's Still up my man, check it out here if you want :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChsZce ... A/featured

I actually record my game through Steam, it is by far the best way to do it, clear quality and much more simplified. If you are dead set on recording from a Gamecube, you're going to want to look into buying a TCV capture card, that stuff is normally really pricey so if I were you I'd see if you can find a cheap one somewhere like Ebay or Craigslist.
First: Neat.
Second: It's the best way if I had the cash to burn on a PC version of a game I already own on Gamecube.
Third: TCV Capture Card? I think I saw one of those in a video where some guy played Sonic Shuffle (and hated it). I already know that they're pretty pricey, but I'm going to try to find one so I can get footage for Playstation and Gamecube games.

Fourth: Random request. Any chance there could be a Chao named Crappi in one of your videos? I mean you don't have to do that, but it'd be neat.

Tardysoap
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tardysoap »

Yeah of course! I wouldn't mind doing stuff like that once I get deeper into the series. That'd be a fun, cool way for the viewers to interact with the series in a way aswell!
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

The internet at my place just got turned back on today, so I'll have to catch up on your videos tonight.