Plush Chao!

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Kittyismaster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Plush Chao!

Post by Kittyismaster »

The Dapper lads, Smiley and Bitey, my first attempt at my own style of chao plushies!
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Plush Chao!

Post by ChillyChao »

That's really cute! :0
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

How cute! Did you make your own pattern?
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Kittyismaster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kittyismaster »

I sure did! I'm making a bunch more to sell now. I figured I would do them in patterned fabric instead of painting them, kinda makes them unique, in my opinion. Here's a commission I made for my friend!
Kinda looks like a moon Chao, in my opinion!
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Man that's really cool! I've considered trying to make a plush chao but I never got around to drawing up a pattern or anything lol

Are you using a sewing machine?
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Kittyismaster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kittyismaster »

yep, sure do. it' a dinky little thing though, but it does what it needs to do.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I've long wished I could either own a large Chao plush made by someone or had the sewing skills to make one myself(presently, the most I've done with sewing is minor mending, and before I had my carpal tunnel surgery, my CT made even that difficult, though perhaps I should give sewing another try now that my hand is on the mend).

Anyways, I hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions(and sorry if any of the answers are obvious from the posted images, but being blind, they're useless to me). In return, and to perhaps foster some discussion, I'll include, where applicable, how I would like to answer the questions if I were to attempt making my own chao.

What kind of fabric are you using to make these? If I were making my own, I think I would want to use a soft fleece for maximum cuddliness in the result.

How are you making facial features? I think a satin or silk like material added as appliqués would work nicely for eyes while I think a stitched mouth made from thin yarn would be good.

How are you doing the Emo-ball? I'd probably use a large craft pom-pom.

What are you using for stuffing? I'd probably go for cotton fluff, again for maximum cuddliness.

About how big are these? My dream would be to own a full set of of life-size, normal colored Chao plush for every first evolution and all three alignments of newborn Chao.

You mentioned making some to sell. Will you be offering any online? If so, have you decided on a price? Because I'd be interested in buying one if my budget can handle it.
Kittyismaster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kittyismaster »

That's a lot of questions! But I will make sure to answer them all!

1. Joanne's no-pill patterned fleece, in multiple colors and shades, so I don't have to paint them. Think like tye-dye and cubes and stars. strangely enough, the fluff on top does bunch up on top, almost pilling, after a bit of use, but I'm hugging and holding them every day, I'm not sure what would happen if they were just on the shelf. (please don't, they require lots of love and affection!)

2. I'm also using the no pill fleece, in black and white, sewing them on while the head is still open. I do just about everything in fleece, even the thin lines for the smiley faces, put on with a zig zag stitch

3. I'm thinking of using a craft pom pom for dark chao, ones that look and feel spiky, but for normal, it's just fleece cut in rounded diamond shapes and sewn together, four of them to make a ball. just look up ball sewing patterns and you'll find one.

4. Just regular old poly-fill. I feel it's softer than cotton. Slightly understuffed for maximum squish.

5. They are exactly the same size as the chao you would find in the game! ten inches tall with the pom pom making them twelve.

6. I'm planning on opening an etsy store to sell these and some other plushies I have been making. They're 35 dollars plain, and an extra five dollars for each set of animal parts, ie. ears would be one set, arms would be one, tail one, etc. Also, five dollars shipping. If you want one sooner than me procrastinating on making a store, we can pm each other about color and parts and stuff.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Thank you for answering my questions.

I imagine the sewn emoti-balls have a structure similar to the paneling on a beach ball or what mathematicians term a hosohedron. Hmm... speaking of the emoti-ball, have you made any attempts at either a Hero Chao's halo or any of the shapes indicating specific emotions?

The wiki at Sonic News Network lists Cheese's height at 40 cm, which is a bit taller than you mention, but the plushies still sound like they're a nice size.

I confess I'm not familiar with Etsy, and the price is a bit more than my budget can manage at the moment(especially for one fully decked out in animal parts), but I'll be sure to keep you in mind once I can afford it.
Kittyismaster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kittyismaster »

I price based on how many panels I'm using to make the doll. My dittos are only ten because there's three parts, but chao, sans animal parts, have 25 pieces in total. More panels means I take longer to make the doll, about an hour and a half in total for one doll, so it all adds up. I understand if you can't pay now but do think of me in the future!

40cm, huh? I guess mine are only around 30, which isn't that bad. Maybe I could make a line of adult chao who are 40 cm. Maybe the ones I already have now will be the baby chao lol. :chaohappy:
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Farewell

Post by Yuiop »

Nice job!
Bye Guys