I Sew Chao Plush and Commissions!

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 5 years old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Making Tiny Miracles!

I Sew Chao Plush and Commissions!

Post by TinyAngelWings »

ImageImageImage

Hey guys! My name is Tiny Angel Wings and I have been a huggge fan of this community for years, but never have built up the courage to join. I recently started sewing Chao professionally, so I thought that it was time to become a registered member of Chao Island. The Chao pictured here are my three most recent creations. I'm sure that'll I'll post more pictures of my Chao plushies (and other Sonic themed art), but for now I mostly want to meet new people and become an active part of the community!

A little bit about my art and love for Chao:
I've been a fan of Chao since I first discovered them when I was 8 years old. An artist by the name of BriteWingz inspired me to learn how to sew, and I haven't stopped learning. My favorite Chao is a Hero Fly Chao named Roxi and I continue to play with her in my gardens to this day!

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. I can't wait to get involved with such an awesome community. Feel free to reply to this post as I'm always happy to chat about Chao shenanigans. Hope to talk to some of you soon! :herosway: :chaohappy:
Last edited by TinyAngelWings on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making tiny miracles! :herosway:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: I Sew Chao Plush!

Post by ChillyChao »

Oh my god, those are absolutely ADORABLE.
I wish i can make plushie's like that, we tried making a Tails Doll plush and it looked nothing like the Tails Doll ahaha
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

ChillyChao wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm Oh my god, those are absolutely ADORABLE.
I wish i can make plushie's like that, we tried making a Tails Doll plush and it looked nothing like the Tails Doll ahaha
Thank you! And yes, they took so much practice to get right haha. I spent many years figuring the ends and outs to patterning before I was happy with a result, but the continual progress you make is worth it! If it's something you enjoy or want to achieve never give up, improvement shows over time :D
Momoka
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Σ(´・ω・`) !!!

Post by Momoka »

I assume that you take commissions for these plushes? :herosurprise:
are you there?Image
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

Zi_ wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 am I assume that you take commissions for these plushes? :herosurprise:
Yup! I sure do. Feel from to send me a PM over here or shoot an email to tinyangelwings@yahoo.com if you're interested!
Momoka
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Re: I Sew Chao Plush and Commissions!

Post by Momoka »

Awesome! Unfortunately I don't have the funds, but I will keep my eye on your stuff! :herosway:

Do you have a place where you upload your stuff? I checked by your dA account, but I see you just opened it so it's empty.
Last edited by Momoka on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you there?Image
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

I really need to get my DA up lol :chaocry:
Last edited by TinyAngelWings on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

That’s okay! I’m planning to sit down later this week to get all of my images together for the DA gallery, but you are free to check out my Twitter! I’ve posted all of my work there, including Chao WIP and such. It’s @TinyAngelWings1
Last edited by TinyAngelWings on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momoka
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Momoka »

Will do! I followed your twitter and probably will end up watching you on dA once I log on eventually. I am curious, though, how did you get into sewing? I've always loved plushies (collecting them even today) and have had an interest in creating them, but it seems like such an expensive hobby to try and start. Do you have any suggestions for someone beginning?
Last edited by Momoka on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you there?Image
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

Thanks for the follow! I started sewing when I was around 5-6 years old (though this was with EXTENSIVE assistance). Since I liked older/obscure things that didn’t have toys, I’d have my grandma help make dolls and stuff.

There are a lot of tips I can give for beginners. I’ll post a bit here but if you want to know more I can DM you on Twitter. Materials can get pretty expensive, so I would recommend starting out with fleece as your material. Joanns has a ton of color options and it’s a lot cheaper than minky, which is what a lot of plush artists use. Also, there are lots of free patterns on the internet that you can use to practice shapes. I started off with just a hand needle and thread so machines aren’t a requirement, but there are some reliable starter machines that speed up the process 100%.
Last edited by TinyAngelWings on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momoka
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Momoka »

Sure! I'd love to have any type of advice or guidance for this kind of hobby. ^^
Last edited by Momoka on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you there?Image
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re:

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Not that I have the funds to spare, and likely won't for some time, but what kind of size are your Chao plush and what kind of prices are you charging?

Also, I'm interested in improving my own sewing skills from doing minor repairs on clothing to doing simple crafts, and I've plenty of scrap fabric to use for early projects, but I do have one major issue:

Being blind, I can't just print out a pattern on card stock, cut out the shapes, pin my fabric to the card stock blanks and use them as a guide for cutting shapes out of the fabric, and best I can tell, a decent plotter to let my computer do the cutting for me isn't cheap and that's not getting into the fact that I'd have to find one that works under Linuux.

I can worry about a method for cutting complex shapes from fabric later, but can you offer any tips for consistently cutting simple geometric shapes from fabric? Fairly confident I could make a cube or cylinder given a way to make squares, circles, and rectangles, and I think I could go quite far with an arsenal of triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, hearts, stars, and teardrops, especially given a range of sizes to work with.

Edit: Also, can the two of you please tone it down with the quotes? quoting the intirety of the post immediately before yours is kind of pointless, but quoting half of the thread in every post is just annoying to scroll through, and doubly so when you can't just scroll t o the end of the quote box and have to either skim until your screen reader says something new or rember something unique from the end of the last post to feed into your browser's find in page function.
TinyAngelWings
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TinyAngelWings »

Okay, I apologize as I’ve never posted to something like this before. I have gone through and edited my posts to fix this.

As far as my Chao Plush go, they stand at around 14 inches to the top of the head (excluding the emoticon ball) have rotating arm and leg joints, and are made of high quality Shannon brand minky. Due to the amount of time they take to make and the expense of materials, prices can range from about $100-$250 USD depending on complexity. Should anyone be interested I can give exact quotes for specific Chao (character chao and other common official Chao are toward the lower end of the price range). Also, I offer payment plans to help with the cost.

When cutting simple shapes you could always use household objects to trace around! For example, to make a circles/cylinders you can take a cup and trace the bottom twice. Sew those pieces together for a circle. To go an extra step and make a cylinder, use something to mark on the outside of the cup, like a piece of tape. Place the taped portion against the fabric and draw a line down the length of the cup. Then roll the cup while tracing along the bottom/top until you reach the tape again. Close it off and you should have a rectangle that is the correct length to sew around the circumference of the circles! I hope that makes sense, I tried my best to describe it. Let me know if you have further questions!
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

These look really cute! Love seeing self-sewn plushies since I also sew sometimes. (I'm not amazing at it but find it fun to do.)
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.