Question about the wiki.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Question about the wiki.

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

In 2016 I posted a thread claiming that the zeal bar depletes according to the Intelligence stat. (source: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47616&p=1613334#p1613334) I knew this to be true because I had an exceptionally smart chao who opened the boxes faster than any other chao and they also had by far the slowest zeal depletion rate. In the thread responses someone said this was false and that stamina determines the depletion rate (which sounds logical but is obviously false based on my own experience). I notice now that the new wiki states that zeal depletion comes from intelligence. I’m just here to say to any bystanders I told you so :darkblah: and am also wondering whether there is a credit system to determine who made the contribution to chao science first which is why this is in the help section. To my knowledge I was the first to come forward with this information.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: Question about the wiki.

Post by Roaxes »

Can't speak for the wiki team, but i'd probably guess it's more a case of "rediscovery" as a lot of the new wiki team are modders looking into the internals of the chao system.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Roaxes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm Can't speak for the wiki team, but i'd probably guess it's more a case of "rediscovery" as a lot of the new wiki team are modders looking into the internals of the chao system.
Understandable. One more nugget of info I have that I haven’t seen posted on the site yet officially is the relationship between gradual evolution and fruits and the garden. The gradual evolution slider does increase with time (and therefore age), but it can also be increased (in theory) with no time passage at all. This is because feeding your chao basic garden fruit INCREASES the gradual evolution slider. Getting a newborn baby to about level 16 stamina with basic garden fruit will evolve it instantly. You need much more fruit to complete the second gradual evolution. Probably about 40 levels give or take. The other thing is that the garden your chao lives in determines how fast it will evolve passively in adulthood. Dark Garden has the slowest passive evolution and hero garden has the fastest. These things combined make a huge difference. A chao in Heroes garden that is fed copious amounts of fruit can be finished with its adult gradual evolution before it turns 2 while a chao in dark garden that doesn’t eat will die of old age before it finishes its gradual evolution.
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

The_Awesome_Chao wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:42 am
Roaxes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm Can't speak for the wiki team, but i'd probably guess it's more a case of "rediscovery" as a lot of the new wiki team are modders looking into the internals of the chao system.
Understandable. One more nugget of info I have that I haven’t seen posted on the site yet officially is the relationship between gradual evolution and fruits and the garden. The gradual evolution slider does increase with time (and therefore age), but it can also be increased (in theory) with no time passage at all. This is because feeding your chao basic garden fruit INCREASES the gradual evolution slider. Getting a newborn baby to about level 16 stamina with basic garden fruit will evolve it instantly. You need much more fruit to complete the second gradual evolution. Probably about 40 levels give or take. The other thing is that the garden your chao lives in determines how fast it will evolve passively in adulthood. Dark Garden has the slowest passive evolution and hero garden has the fastest. These things combined make a huge difference. A chao in Heroes garden that is fed copious amounts of fruit can be finished with its adult gradual evolution before it turns 2 while a chao in dark garden that doesn’t eat will die of old age before it finishes its gradual evolution.
The exact values for this can be found on https://chao-island.com/wiki/Evolution# ... n_Strength
The_Awesome_Chao wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 pm and am also wondering whether there is a credit system to determine who made the contribution to chao science first which is why this is in the help section. To my knowledge I was the first to come forward with this information.
This is an open wiki that could use any information you can provide as it is in development still; while the info center doesn't go into huge detail on the above like the wiki does, the wiki still has a lot missing. The wiki also keeps track of your contributions on a scoreboard if that interests you :walkto:
mooncow smells