Black Market Guide

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaomaker24
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Re: Black Market Guide

Post by chaomaker24 »

:blink: :chaohappy: well i like to exsplane abote the hats for your chao egg shell 0 enbalums0 sell bake hat 50r skull hat same thing same sell bake prise and stuf same for the pupkin hat same thing can rings 2000 sell bake prise i think 1000 pan card bord box same thing
paper bag 4,000 sell bake prise 2,000 tree stump same price water melon 6,000 sell bake prise i think 2,000 wool benys yellow and red 2,000 blak 1,0000 bue 9,000 how so esy to give hat prices :darksurprise:
beep beep :surprise:
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

Err...What?
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

^
She's trying to say how much the hats cost and how much they sell back for.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Mel Mel »

^ Ah...That information is already put up.

chaomaker24
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by chaomaker24 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Mel Mel »

^ Um...What?

Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

She's either sad you couldn't understand her . . . or sad that her information was basically useless.
Um, the latter, I think.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Mel Mel »

^ Haha. Thanks.

chaomaker24
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by chaomaker24 »

well im happy enywaz to put te hatthing on evry page that i can
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Sorry for bump, but...
Amy Theme - 20,000 Rings - Amy menu voice - Get two Chao Race Emblems and all the Action Stage Emblems except the All A Rank. Check the Black Market.
I actually found the Amy theme randomly one day on my file which has 148 emblems, I have not achieved all the action stage emblems.
Unless certain items have a rarity of appearance or something, and then are guaranteed to appear when conditions are met. Maybe you should look more into this.
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

I'm going to have to agree with Mayo on the idea that some items may have percentages for how likely they appear after meeting the conditions.

For example, I've had 176 emblems for at least 3 years or more until recently when I sat down and decided to finally get all 180 by getting the last few A ranks I needed at certain space levels. Right after I unlocked Green Hill Zone and went to the black market I finally saw the Shiny Black Egg. For me, it had never appeared before I obtained 180 emblems. I'm not implying that you're a liar, but I do believe that getting all 180 emblems does makes it much more likely to appear. Otherwise, I should have seen it a long time ago. Another user earlier in this topic mentioned a similar experience to mine as well.

So, to restate my point for anyone who doesn't wish to read the above block of text, my theory is that it is possible to see the Shiny Black egg as early as 140, but it's extremely rare for it to appear. To get it to show up much more often you need all 180.

On a side note, I'm also wondering just how random the eggs that don't appear actually are. Because, it seems that when people are missing certain colors they tend to miss the same ones... So, there might be a chance that the game has several sets that contain which colors a person will have and not have depending on the set that is randomly given to them either by file or randomly selected when entering the Chao Lobby for the first time. ( If it happens to be the latter they could restart their Chao Garden save data, and it might give them a different set. )

For example:
Set 1 includes all colors except Orange, Brown, Green, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 2 includes all colors except Red, Brown, Light Blue, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 3 includes all colors except Purple, Pink, Yellow, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 4 includes all colors except Blue, Yellow, Light Green, and their Shiny Variations.

This is just an example and is in no way accurate as of right now, but assuming that it works this way and isn’t completely random then it could be possible to figure out which set a person has based on the colors they are missing. This would help give them an idea as to which set or sets they would need to get to obtain the other colors. This wouldn’t be hard to test if several people mentioned which eggs they were missing so we could get an accurate list, and see if it’s actually random or not. ( There could be more than 4 sets though. I just used 4 in my example to show what I meant. )
Image Zacorra, Image Reneara, and Image Laranja. My trio of awesome orange two-tones.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

CrimsonClaws wrote: On a side note, I'm also wondering just how random the eggs that don't appear actually are. Because, it seems that when people are missing certain colors they tend to miss the same ones... So, there might be a chance that the game has several sets that contain which colors a person will have and not have depending on the set that is randomly given to them either by file or randomly selected when entering the Chao Lobby for the first time. ( If it happens to be the latter they could restart their Chao Garden save data, and it might give them a different set. )

For example:
Set 1 includes all colors except Orange, Brown, Green, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 2 includes all colors except Red, Brown, Light Blue, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 3 includes all colors except Purple, Pink, Yellow, and their Shiny Variations.
Set 4 includes all colors except Blue, Yellow, Light Green, and their Shiny Variations.

This is just an example and is in no way accurate as of right now, but assuming that it works this way and isn’t completely random then it could be possible to figure out which set a person has based on the colors they are missing. This would help give them an idea as to which set or sets they would need to get to obtain the other colors. This wouldn’t be hard to test if several people mentioned which eggs they were missing so we could get an accurate list, and see if it’s actually random or not. ( There could be more than 4 sets though. I just used 4 in my example to show what I meant. )

Actually, I was planning on testing this. Unfortunately, I am busy at this moment, and will not finish my results for some time, but I did just want to share that I had begun testing to see if missing colors happened on a specific file.
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

Alright. Well I'm actually testing it some myself, and so far one of my memory cards can get every egg color except Orange, Blue, and Green along with their Shiny versions. I'm working on another memory card at the moment, and will post which colors are unavailable on that one after I am done. I do have a third memory card as well, but it corrupted and I was hoping for some feedback on one of the sticky topics concerning error messages but have yet to get a reply. If it's impossible to salvage the save data, then I'll try restarting that one several times to see if I get the same eggs every time or not.
Image Zacorra, Image Reneara, and Image Laranja. My trio of awesome orange two-tones.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I was not planning to test it by memory card, but by File Slot. I was going to use 2 memory cards, to see if results match on each file slot.
Well, I will get back to people on this when I finish my testing (which will take a long time) and I am interested in your results.

And I agree, whenever I am missing a color, I am also missing its shiny version. I assume those are linked.
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

If you're using two memory cards, do be careful. Sometimes the Black Market stock transfers from one memory card to the other until the next restock. I used to exploit the heck out of that trick.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Mel Mel »

Wow...haha! People are still on about this stuff! Truthfully, I haven't been on SA2:B in months!

CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

I am sorry that it took as long as it did for me to get this done, and reply back to everyone with the results of my test. I had to go out and buy a new memory card, since the other one I wanted to use for testing no longer operates at all. I also had to make a new save file, and get enough emblems to see all the egg colors available for that file, which takes quite awhile. The fact that it’s busy this time of year doesn’t help either. But, I’ve finally got a decent amount of information with which to make a reasonable conclusion.

As I mentioned earlier in this topic, my main memory card can find all the colors except orange, blue, and green along with their shiny counterparts. When I transferred my 180 emblem file over to another memory card I ended up with the same results. But, when I transferred the same save file over to the new memory card I bought it ended up getting all the egg colors except red, sky blue, and brown along with their shiny versions. Afterwards, I decided to make another save file to see if it was the save file that determines which eggs you‘ll get. I found exactly the same eggs on both. When I restarted the chao save file the eggs were the same for both files, but now it was orange, green, and blue and their shiny versions that were missing from each. I then restated the chao save file multiple times, and obtained the following results:

Egg Set 1:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 2:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 3:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 4:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 5:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 6:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 7:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 8:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 9:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 10:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 11:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 12:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 13:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 14:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 15:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 16:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 17:All egg colors except Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 18:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 19:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 20:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 21:All egg colors except Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions.
Egg Set 22:All egg colors except Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions.

I think it’s safe to assume that the egg colors a person can obtain are randomly determined when you first enter the chao garden, and cannot be changed unless you restart the chao garden save file.

This also means that there are in fact three possible sets that a chao file can have. Each set has a total of six colors. You will be given two out of those three sets, and will be unable to get any of the eggs from the third. The three egg color sets are:

Set 1:Orange, green, and blue along with their shiny versions.
Set 2:Red, sky blue, and brown along with their shiny versions.
Set 3:Yellow, pink, and purple along with their shiny versions.

Black, grey, white, lime green and their shiny egg counterparts are the default eight eggs that you will get on every file as long as you have enough emblems and patience.

This information is useful for quickly determining which eggs you cannot get by looking at the eggs currently offered by the black market. Say for instance, that the eggs that are currently being offered in the black market on my save file include white, shiny purple, orange, and shiny black. Just by looking at this, I can then finalize that red, brown, sky blue, shiny red, shiny brown, and shiny sky blue are the egg colors that I can not have. The reasons for this are:

1. White is a default color that every file automatically gets. Lime green, shiny lime green, black, shiny black, grey, shiny grey, and shiny white are also included.
2. If I can find shiny purple then I can find the regular one, because they always come together. This also means I can find pink, yellow, shiny pink, and shiny yellow, because they are in a set.
3. If I can find orange then I can find blue, green, and all of their shiny versions, because they are also a set.
4. Since, we already found colors from two other sets that means that the remaining set is the one that’s missing. This then leaves the red, brown, and sky blue set as the only set left.

I apologize for the post being so long, but I’m hoping that this will make things easier for everyone when trying to figure out which eggs they’re missing. You’ll still need two memory cards if you want them all though. ( Unless you transfer all of your chao to SADX through the Tiny Chao Garden, and then restart the SA2B chao garden save file until you get different eggs. )
chaomaker24
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by chaomaker24 »

when i had got my new memory card thare was a yellow egg in thare so on my other memory card no yellow egg so i tranfert the egg to the card that i kept eraseing my storyline thing like 7 times then i had an idea i matid the yellow chao with my chao icecube hes like the colod sonic chao that wite that tripel tone i got yellow green chao EDIT i hade like 4 15 like that
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

Crimson Claws, your guide is SO USEFUL AND TRUE. My SA2B file has 175 emblems, and I never saw a blue, green, or orange chao in the black market. THANK YOU! :chaohappy:
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Huh... I guess I'm missing the Yellow, Pink, and Purple Egg set in my SADX file. I have actually bought all the colors from the other Egg sets (with the exception of their Shiny versions), and come to think of it, I don't remember seeing eggs from the last set in the Market.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

You’re welcome Link The Hedgehog. I’m glad that you think my guide is useful.

And, to Citrus_Chao: I haven’t actually tested SADX yet to see if it has the same sets as SA2B. I’m assuming they do, since the chao gardens have similar mechanics, but I’m not one hundred percent sure.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Mel Mel »

Can't you just copy a save file with 180 emblems over and over on every other file?

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I'm having confusion. On my second Memory Card, I can't find Eggs in the Yellow-Pink-Purple set or the Red-Sky Blue-Brown set. I'm worried about what set I am missing, because I really want Shiny Sky Blue. I have enough Emblems on all three of my Memory Card files. (Yep, I started a third one the other day.)
I forget what I could be missing on the third card, though, I'll have to check. All I know is that I have the Yellow-Pink-Purple set. Hmm, this is confusing. I shouldn't be missing two sets on the second and third cards, should I? I hope not. I really need that Shiny Sky Blue Egg.

EDIT: I checked, and the two sets that I cannot find on the third Card are the Orange-Green-Blue set and the Red-Sky Blue-Brown set. Why am I missing two sets on the second and third Cards, though? That's not right. I have over 70 Emblems on both Cards. What could be the problem?
Last edited by CitrusCat on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is my life anymore?
jeniferwinslet
Egg
Egg

Post by jeniferwinslet »

That is based on your own prejudiced judgment.
You may wish for to say that this is a hacked point

Google
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
What do you mean by "hacked point?"
What is my life anymore?