chao personality/faces - personal experience

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Chives
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

chao personality/faces - personal experience

Post by The_Chives »

i noticed a few things regarding my chaos personality and chao breeding in general:

first, i don't agree with this thread here.
the first post explains the changing personalities. from my experience, i noticed something different.

one chao of mine had an energetic personality and changed to curious at will (and not to short-tempered).
i also have another chao who was born naive (yay!) and now changes randomly to cry-baby (i'm sure you all hate this personality!), also differing from the thread. he first changed to a cry-baby when he was alone in the garden, however after i put a few more chao in there, he changed back to naive.

now that i raised all his stats to level 99 (except stamina), he seems to stay as cry-baby.
does the personality change when he is reincarnated or am i stuck with it?
when he's a cry-baby, his luck and intelligence are set to 5, according to the thread. does this change back to its former value (luck/intelligence increase when naive) or doesn't it change at all?

i also noticed that faces and personalities (or the genes to be more specific) are passed down from parent to child with a certain probability. i had an ssbbs chao with a zig-zag mouth (looks like this: /\/\/\/\, i think it's called toothy frown here) and cry-baby personality which i cloned with the file-changing trick and the chao garden (without the gba cartridge).

i tried at least 30 times to get an ssaas chao after raising both b's with botch chaos (one chao raised run, the other one power) and i got around 15 chaos with cry-baby personality (and v, ^ or no mouth) and 5 or 6 with zigzag mouth and cry-baby personality. only 3 or 4 with the ssaas grades but of course with cry-baby personality. the rest was mixed with the other faces and personalities.

have you made any similar experience or am i just unlucky as hell with breeding? the mentioned chao from above is now a n/p/p chao with ssabs grades. i stopped breeding because i got him naive and i was tired of hearing the breeding melody.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Re: chao personality/faces - personal experience

Post by Fusion »

The_Chives wrote:first, i don't agree with this thread here.
I don't agree with it either, and I can see some parts that I believe are certainly incorrect. Unfortunately, not much is really known about chao personalities yet. I've been slowly working on hacking SA2B to find out more, but I haven't discovered much yet.
The_Chives wrote:one chao of mine had an energetic personality and changed to curious at will (and not to short-tempered).
i also have another chao who was born naive (yay!) and now changes randomly to cry-baby
From my testing, it seems possible for chao to have at least two different personalities at the same time. If you keep leaving and returning to the Health Center with your chao, the doctor will randomly tell you one of its personalities. You can see that the personality changes with very little time passing and without you even letting go of the chao. Naive often seem to be paired up with Cry Baby.
The_Chives wrote:when he's a cry-baby, his luck and intelligence are set to 5, according to the thread. does this change back to its former value (luck/intelligence increase when naive) or doesn't it change at all?
I don't believe this is true. From hacking the games, I can see that the Intelligence and Luck stats seem to increase normally for all kinds of chao, and they still have their proper effects in the races. I can't say for sure that personalities have no effect on this, but the stats themselves can still increase and are not locked at any particular values.
The_Chives wrote:i also noticed that faces and personalities (or the genes to be more specific) are passed down from parent to child with a certain probability.
Yes. Faces and personalities seem to be linked; for example, when I hacked a chao's DNA to give it the Short Temper personality, it was also born with angry eyes. Additionally, this information does seem to be recorded in the chao's DNA, so it should be possible to pass it down through breeding.
The_Chives
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by The_Chives »

wow you sure know a lot about chao ^^

did you ever get the upside down evil grin by breeding? it can be seen in the hero races. i personally never got it. i think theres no trick but is it really this rare to get?

but you are right about multiple personalities. i just brought him to the doctor, he was naive. i left the doctor, went back in and he was naive. that makes me happy :)
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Fusion wrote:Additionally, this information does seem to be recorded in the chao's DNA, so it should be possible to pass it down through breeding.
One of these days, you're going to have to write up a post explaining all of the known "genes" in chao DNA. You keep surprising me with more.
Rayne
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Rayne »

I'm sure Fusion is already working on that.
I wish Lindsay was an Otaku too.

Danmakufu script: Nue Houjuu