Shadow Chao help

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Shadowluvr
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Shadow Chao help

Post by Shadowluvr »

:darkcry: I've been trying to make a shadow chao for a while, so far I've hatched a normal chao, evolved him into a dark running chao, and he now has over 2200 run xp what am i doing wrong?! :darkangry:

I'M A DWARF AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE!

Credit to ChaosDragon for the Lickie Sprite
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Shadow Chao help

Post by Crazo3077 »

What else have you been feeding him?
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
ashlie peden
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: "It's dangerous to go alone, take this''

Post by ashlie peden »

Well,this is just me,but when they hatch,I just do the animal glitch,and do that from birth to level 10,then I pet them with the Shadow until he's FULLY dark.Then I wait till it evolves.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

To make a shadow chao you give them lots of run and pet them often with a dark character. If you're really desperate, give them ONLY run, but that is not advised.
You need to make the run stat not only very high, but much higher than the others.
You need to give them run stats closer to when they are about to evolve.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Shadowluvr
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Shadowluvr »

Crazo3077 wrote:What else have you been feeding him?

His favorite fruits, no other stats are raised. He will come to me when i whistle as shadow

ChaosChao6893
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by ChaosChao6893 »

Ok, take him to the doctor and check his age. If he is 3, start maxing his run stat. If you got him to 99 before he turned three...well you'll have to start over. :herocry:
The sentence below this is true.

The sentence above this is false.

...?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Shadowluvr wrote:

His favorite fruits, no other stats are raised. He will come to me when i whistle as shadow
So he hasn't had anything to boost his swim, fly, or power? If that is the case then all you have to do is wait. His stripes will turn red with time.

If you want to get one faster next time you can raise a Two-Tone Red Chao as a Dark Run Chao.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Shadowluvr
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Shadowluvr »

ChaosChao6893 wrote:Ok, take him to the doctor and check his age. If he is 3, start maxing his run stat. If you got him to 99 before he turned three...well you'll have to start over. :herocry:

:darksurprise: Thanks, he's only 1, so I'll wait :darkhappy:

ashlie peden
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by ashlie peden »

Shadowluvr wrote:

Three?My chao evolve when they first turn 1!...Only becuase I give them LOADS AND LOADS of animals I guess....thats what my friend says...
ChaosChao6893
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by ChaosChao6893 »

No, we mean the second evolution. They do go into a cocoon at one, but the second evolution is slow and progressive, unlike the first, and happens around 3-4.

...?
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Enzo03 wrote:You need to make the run stat not only very high, but much higher than the others.
You need to give them run stats closer to when they are about to evolve.
The first statement is incorrect here. The values of a chao's stats do not control evolution. Its run stat does not have to be higher than the others (in fact, it could even be much lower).
The second statement explains why, to some degree. It's a little more complicated than this, but a simply way to think about it is that chao evolve based on the animals/drives most recently given to them.
ChaosChao6893 wrote:Ok, take him to the doctor and check his age. If he is 3, start maxing his run stat. If you got him to 99 before he turned three...well you'll have to start over. :herocry:
No. Again, stats do not drive evolution. A chao at level 99 in every stat can still change its second evolution by being given more animals/drives.

Finally, the second evolution does not take place at a specific age. Unlike how the first evolution happens rather dramatically at age 1, the second evolution starts the moment the chao comes out of its cocoon and happens slowly over several years. From that first moment, you can set up a chao's second evolution, but you won't be able to see it until more time passes.

Basically, the chao shifts in appearance from first to second evolution over a few years. When the chao comes out of the cocoon and enters the adult stage of its life, it is 100% first evolution and 0% second evolution. After a year or so, it may be 70% first evolution and 30% second evolution in appearance. After a good length of time (it varies, but 4 years is a good bet), it will reach 0% first evolution and 100% second evolution.

That's why it's called a "gradual evolution" around here. Your Shadow chao may be all set for a Run/Run second evolution, but you won't be able to see it until the chao gets older.

P.S. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings by disagreeing with them here, I'm just trying to clear up some misconceptions.
ashlie peden
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by ashlie peden »

ChaosChao6893 wrote:No, we mean the second evolution. They do go into a cocoon at one, but the second evolution is slow and progressive, unlike the first, and happens around 3-4.

OOOOHHXD..my bad.
ChaosChao6893
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by ChaosChao6893 »

Its k

...?
cab114
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by cab114 »

nothing, let time take course.
He is, and always will be, the fastest thing alive.