Pink Chao Breeding

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Takaoldaria
Child Chao
Child Chao

Pink Chao Breeding

Post by Takaoldaria »

I am trying to get a Mint Chao, but, for this, I need a Shiny Pink Chao.
I'm a little confused over the breeding mechanics, and I have trouble getting a Shiny Pink Egg, so here's my questions :

-Can I somehow get a Pink Chao by breeding a Normal Two-Tone/"Basic" Chao with a Jewel Pink/Ruby one?

-If I manage to get a Pink Egg, can I have a Shiny Pink Chao by having it to breed with a Shiny Yellow One?

Thanks for the help!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: Pink Chao Breeding

Post by CitrusCat »

1. I'm afraid not. Unless they had Pink ancestors, a Pink Chao cannot be the result because they wouldn't have the right genes.

2. Yes. If you mate a Pink Chao with a Shiny Yellow Chao, a Shiny Pink Chao is a possible outcome. I suggest that you feed both Chao Heart Fruit once they are both Adults, and then save the game. That way, you don't have to waste rings if the baby come out wrong. You can just reset the game and they will still be ready to mate.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Pulsar24
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Pulsar24 »

^In addition to your response to question #2, even if the child of the pink chao and the shiny yellow chao is shiny yellow, that child (provided that the pink and shiny yellow chao are both pure) is guaranteed to carry the pink allele, so you can focus on grades without having to worry about the color of the offspring.
Takaoldaria
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Takaoldaria »

Since SADX and SA2B decided to slow me down in getting a Pink Chao (when I look, it's never here, while it always was when I did not know about Mint Chao), it leads me to my third question :

-Is there any way to get a Pink Chao without a Egg or a Chao with Pink ancestors?
(my guess is "no")

Edit : Great, Blue, Green, Orange and Grey Shiny Eggs, yet no Pink. >.>
Edit two : Restarted my SADX Garden after having cloned my Chao to SA2B, to get these Pink Eggs. Wish me luck!
BlueYoshi64
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by BlueYoshi64 »

Your guess is right. No Pink Chao genes = no Pink Chao at all.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

I have pink eggs in my black market. If it helps, I also have red, sky blue, yellow, purple, light green,(possibly grey/brown). I have never seen blue, green or orange eggs in the Black Market. (this is on SADXPC)

I think there are sets as to which eggs you can get in your black market. So, look out for those colours! :0
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
snowbell0925
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by snowbell0925 »

i have a mint chao!!! How i got it: over summer vacation my cousin gave me one of her pink chao she made in exchange for a shiny grey chao that i got her. i waited for the chao to grow up and when i came back home i bred it with a shiny white chao and got a shiny pink. i wated 4 it 2 grow up then i bred it with my ruby chao. and after a couple of tries i got a mint chao! :chaohappy:
i C.S.I. (can't stand idiots). oh, and have you seen my zombie?
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

It says on the site how to get a mint chao, there is no need to off topically explain here.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff: