Stat Grade did NOT Increase!

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Grencye
Child Chao
Child Chao

Stat Grade did NOT Increase!

Post by Grencye »

Hey there! I've been playing SA for years and have always enjoyed playing with the chao system. For the first time I decided to work on making an all S chao, never cared to before but I want to make a chao to beat my friend's chao. I know that the stat grade will increase if you make it evolve toward that stat during its first evolution, but it seems to have failed me. My chao had a run stat of C and after evolution it remained C. He is a labelled as a running type by the doctor. I'm playing on the PS3 DLC for SA2 with the Battle DLC.

Is there any reason the rank wouldn't have risen? I got him to lvl 27 running and left the system on for him to let time run out until he evolved. Please get back to me and let me know! Thanks!
Lunar
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Stat Grade did NOT Increase!

Post by Lunar »

I haven't played the PS3 version, but there should still be the same chao training system implemented for stat raising... As for why the rank did not go up, I don't know what to tell you. It could have just been a small glitch (you never know). I'll see if I can learn anything else about stat raising. Good luck on making that all S chao!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

My first comment is going to be one of skepticism. Are you sure that it was a C prior to evolution? Are you absolutely sure of the situation? Because even the newest ports of SA and SA2 have grades increasing.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

I am playing the PS3 version and my chao Chappy is an AAAA maybe your not doing something right...
Grencye
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Grencye »

I performed a test after my previous post. Using a different chao I raised one of its stat grades with a very low increase to that particular stat. It was successful. The only thing I can think of is that either I'm mistaken in my recorded stats, or I just fell prey to a small (hopefully one time) glitch. I'll let you guys know how things go, but my job totally set me back by keeping my late, totally missed Chasm's revolution (lol play on reincarnation and evolution) and came back to a base chao. :E Either way, I think it will go well, thanks to everyone for responding! I really just wanted to make sure that the PS3 version was the same as it was when I last played on DC/GC.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

That is good. I am pretty sure it was, as you said, a one time small game error (if that could glitch) or an error on your part. Not to accuse you of anything, I am just pretty confident that grade increases will happen in any of the SA2B/SADX modern ports.
Grencye
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Grencye »

Stat upgrades seem to be going well now. I'm beginning to think I must have been mistaken. I have run into a new issue however. The chao that I had win the shovel and watering can won't even TAKE the seed from my hand when trying to get him to plant it. The other chao that don't have these items will take it though they can't plant it. I gave the target chao bats and birds and skeledogs recently, though I don't think that should have a negative effect on him. I've tried different seeds, too. This is the neutral garden. Has anyone had this issue? I looked up my issue and I only see problems with the actual planting, not the grabbing.
Maskythemask
Egg
Egg

Post by Maskythemask »

I had the same problem involving the seeds, i left the garden, played prison island, and then went back in and tried giving the seed to my chao and it actually worked. Not sure if this helps but that's how it went for me.
For clarity sake masky is a character i designed who wears a mask(and was therefore nicknamed masky), it turned out he was part of a mask wearing species who ended up being called masks, and so Maskythemask was born. :darkblink:
ambulancez
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: f

Post by ambulancez »

sad :chaocry: :herocry: :darkcry: :chaocry: :herocry: :darkcry: :chaocry: :herocry: :darkcry: