Does anyone have any good tips for grinding certain drives?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Daswiruch
Egg
Egg
Motto: "many thank" ~jimble

Does anyone have any good tips for grinding certain drives?

Post by Daswiruch »

/title
I was wondering if any of these other Chao caretakers had any tips on grinding certain types of Chaos Drives quickly.
I'm currently trying to raise a complete Hero/Power/Run Chao for dominating in Chao Karate.
Thanks in advance.

:herosurprise:
Eevlynn
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: these PRETZELS are making me THIRSTY

Re: Does anyone have any good tips for grinding certain driv

Post by Eevlynn »

hey hi hello I'd been meaning to reply to this but only now got the chance to. Sorry !!

To start off, I'd advise you to switch over to animals. While they can decrease a point or two on the stat bar, they usually lead to increasing a specific stat much more than a Chaos Drive can. If you're not going for a specific stat, Blue animals increase random stats without any downside. If you'd rather not deal with animal parts, Skeleton Dogs do wonders. (plus, hats!)

You can find more information on specific animals here and their locations here.

If you'd prefer using drives, then I'd suggest doing what the main website mentions in the Chaos Drives section, where it states:
Chao Island Main Website wrote:The best way to get lots of Chaos Drives quickly for your Chao is by using Tails or Eggman to collect them. You can simply start a level, destroy ten G.U.N. robots, collect their Chaos Drives, and then exit the level. Then go to a Chao Garden and your collected Chaos Drives will be scattered around the entrance for you to use.
Grinding for animals and drives has got to be fairly painful, no? If you'd like a way to speed up the process by cutting the search time for animals drastically, then check out the Stats Trick in the Glitches section.

I believe that should cover it. If you have any more questions (or if I forgot something), feel free to ask !!
Last edited by Eevlynn on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
used to be eevee chao

like to pop in every once in a while :)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

eevee chao answered it very thoroughly. Normally I use animals to get the stats up to what I want (using animal glitch, of course) and then skeleton dogs to have no animal parts. Animals to use for max efficiency would be Condor, Otter, Cheetah/Bunny, and Gorilla. Of course, other substitutes are available.
Drinking_Water
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: this is my Motto.

Post by Drinking_Water »

Play Tails' first stage. There's 3 Robots right where you spawn. Kill them and take their Soul and restart.
I click every Dragon/Leetle I see! :)
MetalAlpha156
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Commit oxygen not reach lungs

Re: Does anyone have any good tips for grinding certain drives?

Post by MetalAlpha156 »

This is normally what I do, If I wanted to grind certain chaos drives, I would play any of the mech levels that have g.u.n robots in them, because they are the only robots that drop chaos drives, and destroy all of the g.u.n robots. if I wanted a certain drive, I would pick up the certain chaos dives I want and avoid the other chaos drive so I don't accidentally pick up the chaos drives I don't want. :blink:

EXAMPLE 1: If I wanted red chaos drives for a dark Chao, I would normally play Iron gate with Eggman, because that level is filled with g.u.n robots, and destroy the g.u.n robots with red chaos drives and avoid the other chaos drives. :dark:

EXAMPLE 2: If I wanted green chaos drives for a hero Chao, I would normally play Mission Street with Tails and destroy the g.u.n robots with green chaos drives and avoid the other chaos drives. :hero:

:omochao:
MetalAlpha156 :omochao: