Love Values and Transfering Chao Between SADX and SA2B

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GravityGames
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: That one guy that raises Chao in SADX

Love Values and Transfering Chao Between SADX and SA2B

Post by GravityGames »

Hello, I recently transfered a Topaz Egg to the SA2B Chao Garden (obtained in Sonic Advance 1 Tiny Chao Garden, hatched in SADX, then shortly after tranfered back to SA1 and then SA2B, for those curious), and I took care of the Chao with Dr. Eggman for a bit to get it well into the Dark Alignment without purchasing a few dark fruit (though since I learned it's hard to tell the alignment of a Jewel chao, I did feed it one dark fruit for good measure), and to both my surprise and my delight, actually got said Chao to the point where it loved Dr. Eggman. It even ran towards him when I whistled from the other side of the garden (and yes, it was adorable). I shortly after transfered it back to the Tiny Chao Garden and then into SADX, as I prefer using the SADX garden for raising Chao stats. This got me wondering though, how do the love values of the Chao work when being transfered between games? Are there only six values, or is there nine to account for the 3 characters that are different between games? Will my Chao have the same relationship with either Amy, Big, or E-102 that it did with Eggman? Was the relationship value with Eggman erased when I brought it back into SADX? I'm honestly very curious, as I usually use Sonic to raise Chao, and I've so far only transfered copies of Chao over to SA2B to check their personality, favourite fruit, and grades (have not messed with the kindergarten just yet, but I plan to at some point), so I don't know how the love values work just yet.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Love Values and Transfering Chao Between SADX and SA2B

Post by chaoadventures »

The values for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles stay the same through transfer, but none of the others are affected.
It also keeps the data of the characters that aren't in that game, so everything stays the same when you transfer back.

Since there's the drawings of Amy and Big in the game (at least according to the website), I think that means chao actually might draw a picture of one of
the characters they like, even if they aren't playable.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
GravityGames
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: That one guy that raises Chao in SADX

Re: Love Values and Transfering Chao Between SADX and SA2B

Post by GravityGames »

Okay, I figured that was the case, but seeing an older version of Fusion's Chao Editor (as in, before SA2B PC was a thing old), made me think that only 6 values were stored. I'm glad to know I was wrong about that. Unrelated quesion, but due to not seeing a picture on that SA2B list and my own experience raising the chao with him, do the Chao not gain relationship points with E-102 Gamma, or is strengthening Chao bonds just more slow in SADX? I'm assuming the latter, but I just wanted to make sure.