Fly: Lvl 27 Run: Lvl 3... Becomes Dark/Run :(

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheMaskedKatz
Child Chao
Child Chao

Fly: Lvl 27 Run: Lvl 3... Becomes Dark/Run :(

Post by TheMaskedKatz »

This happened a few days ago. I was trying my best to make a Dark/Fly Chao, as the Chao becomes dark purple, and I wanted to make a Halloween looking Chao by also adding a pumpkin hat. I gave it TONS of Fly Chao Drives, and all the other stats were very low when compared. The last Chao Drives I gave it before it evolved were Fly ones, and it even grew the 2 spikes on it's head to show it was becoming a Dark/Fly. Where did I go wrong?
(I am using the Xbox360 version)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Fly: Lvl 27 Run: Lvl 3... Becomes Dark/Run :(

Post by Mamkute »

This is a case of priority of evolution, in the event of close evolution.
Chao gradual evolution(the changes you see as the chao gets older) and the actual first evolution are determined by a set of 'sliders,' of the stats. Fly is opposed to Swim and Power is opposed to Run. So raising giving fly animals/drives moves the chao closer to becoming fly, and further away from swim, but it has no effect on the chao's bearing to power/run.
In the event of the Chao being very close to two stats (Swim and Power, Swim and Run, Fly and Power, or Fly and Run) there is a tie breaker, of Swim will win out over Power and Run, and Power/Run will win out over Fly.
So, your chao was likely very close to Run and Fly (having had Run being given more recently than power,) and then went to Run.

Ironically, the fix was to give more Power drives (but not too much) instead of more Fly.
If you need me to clarify any of that, I can bring up some graph pictures.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Had this happen as well. I wanted a neutral flying baby but was also training him in running. By the time he was close to evolving he had developed the features of flying i.e. two head tails jutting out (not back like spikes).

Seems the only way to be certain you'll get what you want is giving only the one type of drive, at least by the time he's half way through babyhood, and make sure the features/colours are really obvious. Mine had the head tails, but he was barely purple, let alone pink.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

There would definitely be some features of Fly and Run in there, if you look carefully. And often times the mixture is pretty cool looking (other times not.) And you definitely can be certain of what something will evolve into, you just have to be very careful you want it to be fly, and probably keep a good record of your run and power additions.