Is the PS3 version glitched?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Is the PS3 version glitched?

Post by Bubblebeam »

So I have SA2B on PS3 (console is not hacked btw) and I've waited weeks now for a pink or purple egg from the BM. I haven't once seen either of them, while I have seen the second-to-rarest egg there, not to mention shinies and the omochao/amy themes.

This, as well as other little oddities like the game freezing, makes me wonder if this version is faulty? I even had Sonic freeze near the end of Crazy Gadget, when I had him pull the gravity switch. He suddenly froze while the rest of the level remained functional.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Is the PS3 version glitched?

Post by chaoadventures »

1. Each file of the game doesn't have every egg available in the Black Market. It's very possible that your Chao file just doesn't contain the data to make Pink and Purple Chao Eggs.
From what I know this is not a glitch, and purposely put in to make people trade their Chao, since the data for every breed of Chao is in the game.

The PS3 and 360 versions of the game can't trade Chao with other Chao Gardens though, making that a problem. Here's a list of which eggs can be missing.

2. The game freezing, makes it seem like that's an actual problem with that port of the game. I haven't seen that before in the GameCube, 360, or Steam version, so that's really strange.
Of course, it could just be a one-off glitch, which will never bother you again, and you can't blame the playtesters for not finding because it never pops up again.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: Is the PS3 version glitched?

Post by Bubblebeam »

That bites. I literally have every colour except the 3 I actually want. :darksurprise: