How to obtain rare eggs

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheMaskedKatz
Child Chao
Child Chao

How to obtain rare eggs

Post by TheMaskedKatz »

As you may know, each egg has a different rarity for each save file. Anyway, I never see red, yellow, lime green, etc.
When I played on the GameCube version when I was little, one of my favorite chao was red.
Is there anyway to get the eggs your save file never shows?
*Using Xbox 360 :blink:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: How to obtain rare eggs

Post by chaoadventures »

Nope. The eggs you want being rare is kind of an understatement. If you've narrowed it down to just those three breeds (This includes the shiny versions, by the way.) it's impossible to get them on that file.
(Otherwise, get more emblems, if you can.)

Unfortunately, SEGA/Sonic Team made this version as imperfect port, as they only gave us the bare minimum for stuff, and not trying to restore stuff like Chao Party Races with
USB drives instead of Memory Cards.

One of the things they left out it the ability to trade. So you can't trade a red (or yellow or lime green) chao to your file.
They didn't really care enough to make it so the Black Market sells every egg either, so you're out of luck. I also had this problem with the 360 version, so you're not alone.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ribbonz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ribbonz »

So no matter what there are going to be certain colors you cannot get in your game? Does this include the steam version?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Yes. You can use Fusion's editor, or specific Chao World Extended features, if you really want them in the Steam version though.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.