Any way to get Jewel Chao in SA2 HD ports?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 4 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chili P
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Any way to get Jewel Chao in SA2 HD ports?

Post by Chili P »

Hey guys, been a long time since I visited these forums. :chaohappy: I started up SA2B on ps3 and started wondering again how to get jewel chao without the GBA link.

Was it ever disproven that their eggs would show up in the Black Market at x emblems? Any other speculation? I'm curious whether players of the PC port are able to get jewel chao using cheats or save editing. :omochao:
:herocool: :surprise: :darkhappy: i love my chao
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Any way to get Jewel Chao in SA2 HD ports?

Post by chaoadventures »

There's no way to get Jewel Chao in the PS3 or 360 versions, unfortunately. Just like all the other versions, Jewel Chao are not in the Black Market at all.

In the PC version, you can use Fusion's Chao Editor and make your own, or you can use Darky's Chao World Extended mod and get jewel chao by doing stuff like winning the Jewel Races.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Yeah, it really sucks, but jewel chao are impossible in the HD releases. I really don't understand why. If they were gonna re-release a game, they should update it to have everything it had before and more, like with Wind Waker HD. You're way better off downloading SA2B for Steam and using chao editors. That's a lot more fun.

^Also, your profile picture matches perfectly with your post, ChaoAdventures.
Image It's still thinking...
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

as Chaoadventures said, for the PC version Chao world extended mod unlocks jewel chao by getting a jewel medal. You can either have it for if a chao has the medal on they have a chance to make a jewel chao of the medal type when breeding or I think you can have it set that a jewel chao of the jewel race will appear in the garden when won.

As for the HD ports some day there may be some hacking device like action replay or gameshark like there is for gamecube that you'd have to use for getting them. :c
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

As far as I'm aware, there is a hacking tool for the 360 version but not the PS3 version as PS3 data is encrypted. Whether or not it includes Jewel Chao (are they even in the game to begin with? Do any of the PC mods manually add the textures?) I can't say.
MapleSyrup506
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: AAAHHHHH!!!

Post by MapleSyrup506 »

You could, but for one thing, you would need a PS3 decryptor and for another, you need knowledge with hexadecimal, neither of which I have.
:no:
:darkblah: bleehhhhh :darkblah:
we get silly with it :chaohappy: