Chao eyes mishap?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
KrimsonKartofel
Egg
Egg

Chao eyes mishap?

Post by KrimsonKartofel »

Hello, this is my first post, and I wanted to open up with a question and a situation.
The date: a few days ago.
The game: SA2B for GC
The meal I had that night: tacos...
THE SITUATION: Hero garden... Had three chao in there. One was a normal/flying chao. (He is pretty cool, he's a sky blue shiny chao called "Skygem") The other two chao were dark chao of types that I cannot remember. I had set the game to idle so that they would reincarnate. Thankfully, they all did. But something happened to the two dark chao...
The question: My two dark chao had normal, oval eyes before they reincarnated. Once they did, their eyes became the angry, slanted eyes. Anyone have an explaination or a way to get them back to normal? :thinking:
Additional details: The dark chao were: a translucent, two-tone, sky blue/teal chao and the other was blue. From the date of the event, I have tried evolving the translucent one into many different forms, (normal/power) (hero/swim) (dark/run) (hero/.... I think you get the picture, he is becoming a SSSSSS chao.) Before they hatched, they both were caught on the fallen pillar on the left (coming from the entrance.) If I remember correctly, this also caused them to hatch later than they should have.
The normal/flying chao's eyes stayed normal.
Theory: Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most, if not all dark types have angry eyes.
Well, that's it for my first question. I'm happy to finally be here! :chaohappy:
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Chao eyes mishap?

Post by Chao Professor »

Your two, evolved dark chao had oval eyes? That's impossible... Unless the chao had half-open or happy eyes when it evolved, they will always turn angry and slanted when evolved to be dark. I think maybe, you might have gotten evolutions and reincarnations mixed up.

Okay so, I'll give an example.
My baby, blue and yellow normal chao has oval eyes. I pet him with Shadow so he turns into a baby dark chao. At this point, his eyes are still oval. Time passes, and he enters his evolution cacoon, the blue and green one. As soon as he emerges, his eyes have turned slanted. This chao's slanted eyes are now permanent. Even if I make him a hero chao in his next life. When he reincarnates, he will emerge as the baby dark chao he was just before his evolution, but he will still have slanted eyes.

My point being, it is impossible to have an adult dark chao with oval eyes.

Is there a way to get my chao's angry eyes back to oval? No. Unfortunately not.

(I really hope I understood the question right. If I need correcting, please let me know. Also, welcome to Chao Island!)
Image It's still thinking...
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I think it is safe to assume that KrimsonKartofel likely means that the Dark Chao, before becoming Dark Chao, did not have the angry eye type. They were born looking like your stereotypical Chao, and thus expected to see the reborn Chao look exactly the same as they did when they were born.

Unfortunately, this is not how it works. The Chao will always take influence from their "previous life" and thus keep aspects from it: their alignment, their animal parts, their headgear, and their eyes. When a Baby Chao evolves into a Dark Chao, their eye type is forced into the angry eyes. So what happened to your Chao was completely normal.

This is a detail we should definitely add to the Death page on the site.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
KrimsonKartofel
Egg
Egg

Post by KrimsonKartofel »

Thanks for your help, you two. That answered my first question perfectly.
So I take it that I can't get their eyes back to "normal" at this point? (Seeing as there is no way to "force" a chao's eyes to be oval, to my knowledge.)
As a small update, the translucent chao that I was talking about is now a normally aligned chaos chao, and had normal, oval eyes. And it looks kick-butt!
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

First off, hi! I'm new here too!
Now, as for your situation: No, there is no way to return a reincarnated Dark Chao's eyes to normal. You could breed the Chao and start over, that's about your only option. Or just live with the angry eyes.
However, since you are making them Chaos Chao anyway, I wouldn't worry, those will always have the same jewel-like eyes(As you've already seen from the translucent you made I assume). If you want your Chao that you will be reincarnating to keep the normal eyes, just avoid Dark Chao. :3 I have a Chao that I've reincarnated 6 times and always keep her Hero or Neutral to keep her normal eyes. Hope that helps a little!
And congrats on the Chaos Chao! I also have one like that, so I know how awesome it looks! :D