petting or chao fruit speed up evolving?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jam4u2
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: ♡ Chao's have programed feelings as well ♡

petting or chao fruit speed up evolving?

Post by Jam4u2 »

Ive seen from a few posts that petting a chao tons speeds up the time it takes for it to go into its egg and evolve. Ive also heard that feeding it chao fruit speeds it up? I havnt checked by hatching two eggs at the same time and trying it out due to i feel if the chao fruit worked chaos drives and animals and anything that brings up happiness should work as well but thats only my thought on it and would love to hear how that part works or if there is just a set timer to give you a set amouny of time to adjust and play with the baby chao
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: petting or chao fruit speed up evolving?

Post by chaoadventures »

Alright, here's how it works.

The only thing that speeds up evolution is feeding your chao, but by a very marginal amount (, so a large amount is needed for an effect, but it exists.

No fruit gives any more or any less of a boost to evolution. The only other way to make a chao evolve is just to wait. Nothing else does anything.
(This was all tested by Fusion and elaborated on, who made the Chao Editor, by the way.)

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jam4u2
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Jam4u2 »

Thankies ^-^ only other thing would be is it only chao fruit like i have seen in posts say or is it all fruit and dont they have a none favorite fruit? Would that one possible slow the rate down?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Nope! All fruits are the same. Even the ones on the regular garden trees.

- - -
Jam4u2
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Jam4u2 »

Sweet thanks helps alot!!!

P.S actually there is somthing else that i would also like to ask does that effect the second evolution as well or only the first?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Time and feeding both increase a chao's EvolutionStrength, which both child and adult Chao have. If I remember correctly, child chao become adults when this value hits 1.0, and it maxes out at 1.2 for adults. This variable is reset to zero whenever a Chao enters a cocoon.

How high this value is determines how prominent the Chao's current gradual evolution is. Do note that even when an adult chao hits 1.2, their second evolution is still fluid and that second evolution never becomes fixed the way first evolution does upon entering a cocoon.
Jam4u2
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Jam4u2 »

Thanks that clears up everything for speeding it up. :chaohappy: But that brings me to a new part lol is it possible to slow down the rate of the evolution at all or even stop it besides making them into a chaos chao or cutting them off from food/starving them so this value doesnt increase.
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

Unfortunately, it is impossible to stop a Chao from aging and evolving then eventually reincarnating.
It might be possible through hacking, but that's it. You could put it in the kindergarden if you're trying to focus on one Chao at a time and don't want the others to age. That's all you can really do.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

The only way to completely halt their evolution (since just being in the garden makes them evolve), is to:

- Do as Arctic said and put them in the Kindergarten.

- Never enter the same Garden as them.

- Or lastly, put them in the Tiny Chao Garden.

All of these options limit your interactions with your chao, unfortunately.

That said, there is a code in Chao World Extended (a mod for SA2 on the PC) that let's you keep a chao a baby until one of it's stats reach level 70, and one that removes the death cocoon (but I'm not sure if that means chao can still reincarnate or not).

- - -
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

It seems nobody knows exactly everything about this.
A newborn Chao has a statistic called "Magnitude." It ranges from 0.000 to 1.200. This applies for Child Chao and Adult Chao. AKA b4 and after 1st & 2nd Evolution. Excluding Monster Evolution from Chao World Extension.
I am not completely certain about this, but you can wait a certain amount of time (I'm guessing a few minutes) for this statistic to raise by 0.001. So depending on how long this actually takes, 1st and 2nd evolution takes around 20 hours of gameplay. Evolution is slowed down by halting it, as seen in a comment above. Feeding ANY Chao ANY fruit will raise Magnitude by 0.005. Excluding any waiting, it would take exactly 200 bites for a Chao to evolve. Now I am not certain about the unused fruit obtained through a Chao Editor, although I am pretty sure they have the same properties as every other fruit. As already stated, a Chao evolves when Magnitude reaches a full 1 or higher. Anything above 1 is mostly possible for 2nd evolution, although on 1st evolution it can still be raised to 1.2. Petting has NO effects on Magnitude. Magnitude can be quickly edited through a Chao Editor.
If a Chao has become Chaos Chao and/or any hacked character Chao, Magnitude does NOT apply to anything, unless edited manually.
pastellrain
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by pastellrain »

SwifterTheDragon wrote:It seems nobody knows exactly everything about this.
A newborn Chao has a statistic called "Magnitude." It ranges from 0.000 to 1.200. This applies for Child Chao and Adult Chao. AKA b4 and after 1st & 2nd Evolution. Excluding Monster Evolution from Chao World Extension.
I am not completely certain about this, but you can wait a certain amount of time (I'm guessing a few minutes) for this statistic to raise by 0.001. So depending on how long this actually takes, 1st and 2nd evolution takes around 20 hours of gameplay. Evolution is slowed down by halting it, as seen in a comment above. Feeding ANY Chao ANY fruit will raise Magnitude by 0.005. Excluding any waiting, it would take exactly 200 bites for a Chao to evolve. Now I am not certain about the unused fruit obtained through a Chao Editor, although I am pretty sure they have the same properties as every other fruit. As already stated, a Chao evolves when Magnitude reaches a full 1 or higher. Anything above 1 is mostly possible for 2nd evolution, although on 1st evolution it can still be raised to 1.2. Petting has NO effects on Magnitude. Magnitude can be quickly edited through a Chao Editor.
If a Chao has become Chaos Chao and/or any hacked character Chao, Magnitude does NOT apply to anything, unless edited manually.
Where did you learn this? I'm interested in in-depth information such as this, just wondering. Is there any website that has in-depth Chao info like that?
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

If you would find ANYTHING this advanced, it would be here.
All information found by me, tested by me, but I know this thanks to this website, then dug deeper to get an exact explanation by using Chao World Extended Mod and Fusion's Chao Editor.
If this website wasn't here, I would know NOTHING. Thanks CI!
if any other questions that you want answered advanced such as this, just ask me. You won't find any sections of CI here explaining stuff that advanced.