chao is crying?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Golden
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: do what you know, know what you do.

chao is crying?

Post by Golden »

a little while ago i went into my chao garden to breed two of my chao, but one of them was crying? i treat my chao very well and feed them regularly so i know that this isnt the cause, but some time beforehand i had to say goodbye to a newborn chao i had recently gotten (because i just didnt have the room ) so i think it might be possible that my chao might be sad about him leaving? any help i can get would be appreciated.
:chao:
:blink:
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Re: chao is crying?

Post by Tsui »

Does your Chao have the Crybaby personality type? Crybaby Chao are known to cry a lot even when there's seemingly nothing wrong.

Also, how exactly was your Chao crying? If I remember correctly, Crybaby Chao appear to throw a temper tantrum lying on the floor, while a Chao who has just been hit will start to cry standing up. (At least, that's my experience with it.)

If you're playing SA2, you should be able to check your Chao's personality at the Doctor in the Kindergarten.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

actually the whole tantrum thing just means that they're hungry, seems that they just kinda abandoned the whole personality thing in the middle of development but still kept it in. just my five cents
Golden
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Golden »

well it was standing and crying and if im remembering correctly i think it had a naive personality its a white shiny flying hero chao by the way, and im on the 360 edition

EDIT: also, i forgot to mention it hadn't been hit recently, but in the past while trying to reach the chao cave i landed on it on accident, but it was far in the past and i fed and pet it to make it happier.
Last edited by Nano on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep in mind our rules about multi-posting. Thank you.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Chao aren't affected by another chao being sent away. If your chao is lying down, kicking its legs and crying, it's just hungry. If it's standing up crying, or closing its eyes and shivering, it has been abused. (by hitting, taking fruit away from it while it was eating or throwing the chao) But honestly, it's nothing to do with the fact another chao got sent away. Chao aren't programmed to be affected by that. My guess is that your chao was either hungry, or you might've accidentally abused it at some point. After the waterfall incident.
Image It's still thinking...
Golden
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Golden »

:sway: thank you all for your help, the fruit thing professor chao mentioned may have been what happened, but could you imagone if the creators went that deep with their programming? that would be weird... :blink: