General Question about Chao Raising

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
strawberry-boyfriend
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

General Question about Chao Raising

Post by strawberry-boyfriend »

This may have been asked before but okay for an analogy Bioware games have metrics that determine what your relationship with a companion is, and it visibly scales either visibly or invisibly

Do Chao have a similar mechanic for evolution? Is there a specific amount of petting required by heroes or villains? A certain amount of throwing against the wall? Do animals and energy drives (or whatever they're called) count?
Reviews for Ravenyte
"One of the best users... I've ever seen." - Roger Ebert
"Incredible... Truly [a] transcendent user, one who will no doubt change the face of this website for good." - A.O. Scott
"Pretty good." - Werner Herzog
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Re: General Question about Chao Raising

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

I'm not too sure what you mean by the first part of your post, but I think I can answer your questions.

Yes, it does seem like you can count a specific amount of pets before your chao gains max friendliness/alignment towards a character. The easiest way to do this is by downloading Fusion's Chao Editor, and watching said stats change as you go.

The same obviously applies to throwing against the wall, and IIRC, animals and drives are the same way too.

If you can't access the editor, your chao's actions can also tell you how happy they are, too.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Re: General Question about Chao Raising

Post by Mayo »

Unsure if this is what you're looking for, but:

Character bond is on a scale of either +100 or -100, beyond +50 and the Chao really likes you. This is increased by +1 each time a heart appears over their heads. It decreases when Chao are abused (-5 if thrown, -30 if attacked).